FelixZhao

Hit Registration Problem?

FelixZhao

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum after about a year of play EFT, and I couldn't have imagined that it was because of such a sad reason. 

So, I was playing a relaxing raid at Interchange, and ran into a scav on the top of the ramp towards the OLI warehouse. I went prone and start shooting. I fired 4 shots and hit the head/shoulder area of the scav and died immediatly cause the scav shot me in my head. I felt it was weird so went back for the recorded clip and saw this: I hit at least one, and possibly two SP7 rounds, saw blood coming out of him, but when I go to the raid statistics I saw only 3 shots fired and I hit nothing. I'm not angry at all, but just sad. I'm attaching the video below so that people can see it. 

https://youtu.be/PCNsndIGeeY

Ps: The video should still be 360p for now on youtube. The blood should be seeable. Let me know if it's still at 360 after sometime.

PauleSchaule

Yeah that’s a problem indeed. You are not alone with this feeling. I heared people saying that you need to leave no bullet into the chamber of the weapon when go in raid, otherwise there is a possibility that the bullets in the mag do no damage. But that’s just a theory.

but also I often recognize that my mates character get hit and screams when get hit but he says he didn’t receive any shots. I don’t know, hope it get fixed. 

FelixZhao
4 minutes ago, PauleSchaule said:

Yeah that’s a problem indeed. You are not alone with this feeling. I heared people saying that you need to leave no bullet into the chamber of the weapon when go in raid, otherwise there is a possibility that the bullets in the mag do no damage. But that’s just a theory.

but also I often recognize that my mates character get hit and screams when get hit but he says he didn’t receive any shots. I don’t know, hope it get fixed. 

Wow, If the theory is true then there's a long way to it being fixed. The saddest part is that after such a long time there're still bugs like this that could heavily impact gameplay. 

8mob8
Posted (edited)

its been a day 1 prob for me...has existed across patches since purchasing years ago :(

sometimes its not as bad as others...when i watch streamers play its like they are playing a different build lol

the stats will even show the hits for me sometimes with some insane amount of damage

Edited by 8mob8
  • Hot 1

FelixZhao
2 minutes ago, 8mob8 said:

its been a day 1 prob for me...has existed across patches since purchasing years ago :(

sometimes its not as bad as others...when i watch streamers play its like they are playing a different build lol

the stats will even show the hits for me sometimes with some insane amount of damage

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that...... The insane damage also happened to me once. I shot at three different scav boss guards and delt about 2.3k damage (not including damage blocked by armor) and none of them died... So the problem is worst then I thought...

PauleSchaule
Posted (edited)

I don’t believe the stats at the end of the raid. When I have started playing eft the stats were just completely broken. They fixed it one time but there is still so much disinformation. 

I put all my hope in this Patch, I expect a lot tbh

Edited by PauleSchaule

AvIt21

Yeah it's been a problem now for quite some time. I have a video of me shooting a player 5 times before he gets a round off, you can see his head snapping back and everything, yet I died in 1 hit. 

tobiassolem
Posted (edited)

There are several potential explanations to this description, and most of them are netcode-related.

Scenario 1:

Player has a laggy connection to the server and a very high latency. He shoots at the SCAV-model, and clientside he scores multiple hits that are visually displayed as hits. But on the server, the SCAV has moved and when the shots are registered server-side, there is a mis-match and thus, the hits aren't registered even if the player experienced those hits.

Scenario 2:

Player has a near-perfect connection to the server and very low latency. He shoots at the SCAV-model, scoring multiple hits that are visually displayed as hits. But the server is laggy, so the "hit information" is placed in a queue of data for processing, but there is a significant enough delay, so the server truncates the information before it is processed due to being overloaded = the server just ignores your hits.

Scenario 3:

A combination of Scenario 1 and 2. Laggy server AND laggy client. And a combination of the effects experienced above. The horror.

Scenario 4.

User perception error. The player in this case reports something it did not see.

Regardless of which of the scenarios it is, EFT is in need of better netcode. And possibly better servers.

Edited by tobiassolem

AvIt21
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

There are several potential explanations to this description, and most of them are netcode-related.

Scenario 1:

Player has a laggy connection to the server and a very high latency. He shoots at the SCAV-model, and clientside he scores multiple hits that are visually displayed as hits. But on the server, the SCAV has moved and when the shots are registered server-side, there is a mis-match and thus, the hits aren't registered even if the player experienced those hits.

Scenario 2:

Player has a near-perfect connection to the server and very low latency. He shoots at the SCAV-model, scoring multiple hits that are visually displayed as hits. But the server is laggy, so the "hit information" is placed in a queue of data for processing, but there is a significant enough delay, so the server truncates the information before it is processed due to being overloaded = the server just ignores your hits.

Scenario 3:

A combination of Scenario 1 and 2. Laggy server AND laggy client. And a combination of the effects experienced above. The horror.

Scenario 4.

User perception error. The player in this case reports something it did not see.

Regardless of which of the scenarios it is, EFT is in need of better netcode. And possibly better servers.

All of this does make logical sense however I also believe the engine is flawed in itself. I believe this because Rust has the same issue only you can actually view it using the console. Many times you see 0 damage even though it visually hit the target on low ping. hopefully the new engine update will iron these out.

Edited by AvIt21
error