BrutalButSlaps

Escape from Tarkov with SCP universe, lores and monsters. Just IMAGINE.

BrutalButSlaps

I can only really fantasize about such a thing, but just for a second imagine having to gear up for a raid with your buds making sure you have all the right equipment for the environment, but instead of just going into a raid to get loot and kill other PMC's/ scavengers, you have to investigate some unknown SCP's and attempt to contain the unit, PVP could still be an element as well, as there are TONS of organisations within the SCP lore that are enemies of the SCP foundation ('GRU Division P' being one of the soviet orgs). My words can't project the amount of ideas and possibilities that are rushing through my brain right now, so I thought maybe this could be a thread about a theoretical collision between the two fiction worlds.

So if you guys have any ideas artwork, suggestions etc. Please post below and let me know if you too are excited thinking about it.

Something quick I put together in Photoshop as an example.

SCP AND TARKOV0000.png

• Upvote 1

BrutalButSlaps

No...? I guess I'm the only one :(

ShiroTenshi

Well... EFT is just not that kind of game. Some things don't mix well. :P

• Thanks 1

sleava
Posted (edited)

I am a fan of the SCP "universe" (it does not really have an agreed upon universe btw, there are huge disagreements on what should or should not be considered part of the universe. There are like a couple dozen canons) I would have to say that I do not think this goes together well.

The SCP "universe" is about secret organizations that cover up and contain supernatural things, while the other is about sketchy cold-war like proxy PMC wars.

With the SCP "universe", you basically have governments coming to groups like the SCP foundation because they find that dealing with anomalous things are way outside of their league, and basically learned a long time ago that its better to outsource anomaly management to groups like the SCP foundation (although depending on what you consider part of the universe, it could also be overreaching shadow governments fighting for power). The SCP "universe" also centers around meticulous testing to find out exactly what things with anomalous properties can and cant do.

Tarkov on the other hand? It's governments and megacorps wanting to take stabs at eachother, and trying to take a hands-on approach by outsourcing all the dirty work to mercenaries, all while trying to create confusion about what they are actually doing. It's mainly about PMC groups/governments/megacorps bending the rules as much as possible, and then trying to get away with it. 

The TLDR, I actually see the Tarkov universe and SCP universe as being close to being opposites as you can get.  

Edited by sleava
  • Thanks 1

PrivateLogin

SCP ?

sleava
4 minutes ago, PrivateLogin said:

SCP ?

SCP refers to a creative writing community. They primarily write fictional files for supernatural (or anomalous) things. The files are for a group in their universe called the SCP foundation, which focuses on Securing anomalies, Containing anomalies, and Protecting the civilian population from anomalies. Basically think of taking the CIA, NASA, and FBI, putting them in a blender, and then having the resulting group manage supernatural stuff.

Files are very different from most other creative writings. They read like a technical report, which describes in painstaking detail what each SCP is capable of, not capable off, and how these conclusions were derived from tests.

BrutalButSlaps

Yeah i guess you guys are right. Well still cool to imagine about it none the less. :) 

sleava
30 minutes ago, BrutalButSlaps said:

Yeah i guess you guys are right. Well still cool to imagine about it none the less. :) 

That being said, Tarkov would be great to shoot an SCP video if you shoot it right XD