Skalden1

Please remove Fleamarket

Skalden1

Dear Developers,

please remove the flea market from the game. It ruins so much things. Hackers, and/or professional Farmers, a complete destruction of the balancing for the loot and the PvP/PvE and it creates a toxic comunity.

In the first time I was exited, that we will be able to sell/buy things to/from other players. But, if you see, that you now can buy 5 million roubles for just 3,50 € it is a sign, ho much ingame money the farmers are grabbing out of the normal player base.

I see no advantages for normal players in your current system.

Best wisches
Karotte

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

mattywatty2012
Posted (edited)

If you dont like the flea market dont use it.

No one is forcing you to use that feature, don't whine on the forums about it when this is a you problem not a community problem

Edited by mattywatty2012
fun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

Skalden1
vor 3 Minuten schrieb mattywatty2012:

If you dont like the flea market dont use it.

No one is forcing you to use that feature, don't whine on the forums about it when this is a you problem not a community problem

You don't get the point. Even if i dont use the flea marked it changes the game expirience massivly for me, with no advantages.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

BrutalButSlaps

I don't want to directly tell you a resolution to your problem, as I don't have one without being blunt. However I think it would be very cool if BSG added a feature within the Hideout where you can only access the Flea Market once you build a PC within your facility via gathering the PC parts that are found in raid (there are already many parts in game) but once they add a few more hardware components that would be a great game-play element. This idea was answered by the devs tho stating that there are no plans for such a mechanic...but you never know. 

Anyway hope you find a way to play around the flea market and still enjoy the game we all love. :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Spectator6

It might be interesting if they fleshed-out the "lore" of the flea market a bit and add some things to make it feel more believable within the war torn area. Some ideas that come to mind:

• Fleamarket blackouts
  • Delivery wait times 
  • Access complications related to Hidout supplies (ex "Computer is fried, you'll need to go find a few parts in-raid so I can it and get it back up and running")
  • Temporary repercussions from Traders if you start cutting into their supplies too much and/or making too big of a name for yourself

What else?

• Upvote 5

Niewiarygodny
21 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

Hackers, and/or professional Farmers

hmmmm

22 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

but, if you see, that you now can buy 5 million roubles for just 3,50 € it is a sign

Surprise surprise, people did sell EFT currency at other sites before flea marked appeared. So your argument is invalid. 
Sure, we have more such offers now, question is why?
Becuase people buy such things, blame people, not game.
Would forget to add, not sure how such people are giving money to thier "customers" if it's via flea market or via game. Anyway it doesn't rly matter, if there will be no flea market, they will just hand such item via game.

What will happen if flea market suddenly disapear? Kinda nothing, such "farmers" will earn a bit less money (Cause they would sell items to NPC, maybe they would earn a bit more in game currency if they were selling items from NPC on flea market).
And what will happen? People will offer a bit less In game currency for same money. Bravo, you changed nothing, people would still buy such currency.

If i missunderstood you and u wanted to say that "5kk rubbles should be worth more than 3.5 Euro" then there is simple answer for that, it's around 4-5months after wipe. I am checking from time to time whats the price for 1kk and it was much higher than now after wipe :). No, i am not buying or selling. I am giving away all my money once i am done with specific patch. 
Overall selling "game currency" is well known problem for EACH multiplayer game. 
Doesn't matter if it's old or new, people sell currency for past 20 years or more.

34 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

I see no advantages for normal players in your current system.

No? Really nothing?
So as player you can:
- Buy whatever you want via flea market (mods, weapons, quest items etc.), but u need to pay a bit more than from normal NPC. 
- Give your friends money/items without any risk, just paying some fea
- Sell whatever you want for more money
- Earn much more money from raids, since everything has value. Go to factory, loot 2x4 cabinets, find 6 T-shaped plugs, sell each for 7-15k depends how deep in wipe we are. Before u had to sell such items to NPC or waste x-xx min to sell it via forum.

19 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Delivery wait times

Thats i actually like, thought about it earlier :D. Like we need to wait till
- Trader/someone will have come and get item from us
- Then he needs to reach market
- And trader needs place such item in shop
- Then we need to wait till money comes to us
So ye, it should take some time, not just 1 min and done :D.
Anyway it wouldn't fix "Selling game currency" which is a problem, but as i said above, there is no simple solution for that.

• Upvote 1

Drummondbase

Flea market is one of the best things about the game. why get rid of it? Players have been selling roubles, gamma's and all sorts for real money on third party websites since the game started and before the flea market was introduced. Flea market was designed to stop that. I would say rather than getting rid of the flea market, Fence needs to be updated. Seems like a wasted trader at the moment. I was interested to see you say the flea market changes the game for you massively, with no advantages. For me thee are lots of advantages and it is a game unto itself. Here is one example of why it is an advantage for me and players similar to me. It's agreed by most this game is challenging and requires a lot of time to level up. I work and don't have lots of time to play. Most I've reached is level 28 I think in all the wipes. The flea market allowed me to buy attachments & armour my character could never get hold of (unless I found it in raid). It means even though I am not top level, I can still make a decent character and be relatively competitive. Flip side of this is of course each loadout I go out with costs way more than I If I were to level up my character and buy through the traders. The deaths sting a little more, but at least it gives me a better experience of the game than before the flea market came in.

Note to developers - Tarkov is amazing. Yes it has it's problems, but the core game here is the best game I have ever played by far. Can't wait till the new update. Introduction of Battleeye is amazing. The game is very different for me. I def have seen a few hackers play over the last year, but now it feels much better. Deaths don't piss me off as much. Keep up the great work. Tarkov for life..

Skalden1
vor 15 Minuten schrieb Niewiarygodny:

hmmmm

Surprise surprise, people did sell EFT currency at other sites before flea marked appeared. So your argument is invalid. 
Sure, we have more such offers now, question is why?
Becuase people buy such things, blame people, not game.
Would forget to add, not sure how such people are giving money to thier "customers" if it's via flea market or via game. Anyway it doesn't rly matter, if there will be no flea market, they will just hand such item via game.

What will happen if flea market suddenly disapear? Kinda nothing, such "farmers" will earn a bit less money (Cause they would sell items to NPC, maybe they would earn a bit more in game currency if they were selling items from NPC on flea market).
And what will happen? People will offer a bit less In game currency for same money. Bravo, you changed nothing, people would still buy such currency.

If i missunderstood you and u wanted to say that "5kk rubbles should be worth more than 3.5 Euro" then there is simple answer for that, it's around 4-5months after wipe. I am checking from time to time whats the price for 1kk and it was much higher than now after wipe :). No, i am not buying or selling. I am giving away all my money once i am done with specific patch. 
Overall selling "game currency" is well known problem for EACH multiplayer game. 
Doesn't matter if it's old or new, people sell currency for past 20 years or more.

No? Really nothing?
So as player you can:
- Buy whatever you want via flea market (mods, weapons, quest items etc.), but u need to pay a bit more than from normal NPC. 
- Earn much more money from raids, since everything has value. Go to factory, loot 2x4 cabinets, find 6 T-shaped plugs, sell each for 7-15k depends how deep in wipe we are. Before u had to sell such items to NPC or waste x-xx min to sell it via forum.

Thats i actually like, thought about it earlier :D. Like we need to wait till
- Trader/someone will have come and get item from us
- Then he needs to reach market
- And trader needs place such item in shop
- Then we need to wait till money comes to us
So ye, it should take some time, not just 1 min and done :D.
Anyway it wouldn't fix "Selling game currency" which is a problem, but as i said above, there is no simple solution for that.

To make it short:

Nobody will buy money from a "gold seller" if you can't spend it (according to level restrictions). If you have reached LvL 25 and further, money and gear is no more critical, cause you earn enought out of the normal gamplay, by just selling to the normal traders.

If professionals make less money, they will leave the game and use another. Additional to that, Battlestate can always adjust item costs to make them less profitable for planed farming. -> Less farming, less hacking and less grinding for quest items for the normal players.

So if I get you right, you say, that it is ok, if a LvL 1 Player buys 5 mio rouble for 3,5 € and can buy all stuff a lvl 40 player has access to? And if that is so, has a "normal" player with LvL 1 has any chance against this player? No, at least if he buys himself some roubles. Much more profit for the farmers, ergo more farming, more people buying stuff, etc. Can't you see the vicious circle? 

We are still in beta testing. How effective will that be if all players have acces to everything?

I dont understand you guys. When a whipe happens, everybody is screamig "Happy Happy! Fun an equal combats for the next two weeks! Wohooo!" and if someone makes a statement, that it should be all the time  "Happy Happy! Fun an equal combats" you blame him, that he has no idea...

Best wishes
Karotte

Niewiarygodny

Ok again answer to question. Why people are buying in game curency?
1. Cause they dont have time to "farm" it
2. Cause they are bad at the game

19 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

Nobody will buy money from a "gold seller" if you can't spend it

Seems u didn't read my or @Drummondbase aswer. People were selling EFT items/currency before flea market appeared. And they had customers. So again, thats wrong argument. 

19 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

If you have reached LvL 25 and further, money and gear is no more critical

Again wrong. People buy money, cause they wanna run with full gear but their jobs are not allowing them to play much. 
Even lvl 40 can buy EFT currency, sadly we can't get any data...

21 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

If professionals make less money, they will leave the game and use another.

Wrong. Did you even read what i said? THey will simply offer less EFT currency for same price as now, or just higher.

23 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

if a LvL 1 Player buys 5 mio rouble for 3,5 €

No, it's not ok. I am against selling game currency, but such player can simply make "few" money runs and boom, same situacion, he has 5kk now, without spending anything.

24 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

And if that is so, has a "normal" player with LvL 1 has any chance against this player?

Ofc he has, how many times did you die to mosin? How many times to vepr hunter? How many times to any other cheap weapon u can get from scav/lvl 1 NPC?
Welcome to EFT where gear does not matter that much :).

26 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

We are still in beta testing. How effective will that be if all players have acces to everything?

Once game gonna be fully released loot will be nerfed a lot. How market will looks like? We don't know, we only know that loot will be nerfed and we will have problems with getting better weapons/items/armors.
Also they are gathering info after each wipe. I don't really understand what you wanted to say here? 

27 minutes ago, Skalden1 said:

you blame him, that he has no idea...

We are not blaming, your point is just bad, casue removing flea market will change almost nothing.
People were selling EFT currency before Flea market, so why they should suddenly stop if flea market would be removed?
Adjusting prices also wouldn't help, becasue, once again, such "farmers" will simply sell less EFT currency for same money, ppl will still buy it.

Also you say about being equal. So you just wanna punish new players who joined to EFT after x month in the middle of wipe (Or once game gonna be released) cause they will stuck with mosins/veprs/vepr hunters etc (even if they earned 5kk via raids) vs people who has access to everything. Really equal :D.

To make things clear. 
Flea market is not a problem.
Selling game currency is a problem, but so far you gave 0 idea or solution to such problems. Cause once again, removing flea market, changing price of item will not fix that problem.
If people will want buy EFT currency, they will do that no matter what. Go check any game, WoW, Gw2, dunno Tibia, each game has tons of people who sell in game currency.

Skalden1
Posted (edited)

Ok, now you are confusing me a little bit...

On the one hand, you said: "Welcome to EFT where gear does not matter that much :)" on the other hand you say: "People buy money, cause they wanna run with full gear but their jobs are not allowing them to play much" and "stuck with mosins/veprs/vepr hunters"... I don't get the point...

Aswell as it seem you don't understand how professional gold sellers are working. If it is to complicated and takes to much time to farm in the game, they will leave it. Aswell as the transphere of 5 mio roubles, without a flea market will be verry time consuming and not without a risk. At least, if the game gives a normal player enought money, that he never thinks of buying ingame currency. That will not happen if all low levels are running on full gear.

Again, i dont see one argument that the game is better with the flea market, than before...

Best wisches

Edited by Skalden1

FallenWarrior60

Make it even harder for people just getting into the game to compete why don't ya.

Niewiarygodny
4 hours ago, Skalden1 said:

I don't get the point...

Those are totally 2 diffrent situacions.
First. In EFT people can kill other with literally anything, even pistol vs altyn if you get super lucky shot. Where mosin/vepr/vepr huntes is kinda cheapest weapon which can kill full gear without bigger problems. 
Second. Even if you can kill others with pistols, that doesn't mean that u wanna run with them 24/7, right? Also what i said, that those ppl who buy curency propably don't have time for farming/playing much, which can mean that they are weaker in EFT casue they dont play it much, make sense?

4 hours ago, Skalden1 said:

Aswell as it seem you don't understand how professional gold sellers are working.

Aswell as it seems you don't understand how economy works. 
If gold sellers can now get 2kk within 1 hour and sell that 2kk (example) for 5euro. But after some changes in EFT, they can get only 500k within 1 hour, they will simply sell that 500k for 5 euro. 
Why people will still buy it? Because they will earn less in game currency too cause of that change in EFT.

5 hours ago, Skalden1 said:

without a flea market will be verry time consuming and not without a risk.

What will be very time consuming? Going into raids and giving them money? Oh right, 3 min to do that. "Not without a risk"? What again? Where u have risk in "We go into shoreline raid, i drop bag, you search it, take items to secure container". 

Okay, again theory time. They removed flea market, what happened to market?
- People still wanna buy EFT currency cause of unkown reasons (we only guess why they do that, either they are weak or don't have time, or wanna have better start after wipe)
- Some gold sellers decide to stop doing that, because it's annoying for them and it was easier before
- People who stayed, will rise price for EFT currency, because there are less ppl doing that.

Did something change? No.

5 hours ago, Skalden1 said:

Again, i dont see one argument that the game is better with the flea market, than before...

Aha?

6 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

So as player you can:

Once again and i hope it's last time i have to say that. Removing flea market will not fix problem with selling EFT currency. 
There is no real solution to this. Or prove me wrong. Show me any game who fixed this problem.
Wow? Gw2? Tibia? Anything?

ShiroTenshi

While i understand where you are coming from, i must say this:

Flea Market is not going to be removed.

Realistically speaking, it's already in the game and it was one of the planned features since the start of the game. Regardless of whatever reasons you may have for wanting the Flea Market to be removed, it's too late for that.

What we might (and most likely will) see is a bigger restriction behind unlocking the flea market in the future. Right now some things are turned up and made easy to access for testing, but in the future they will tone them down a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Varreox

Heeey, you want search quest/barter items for years?

Vodor

Actually found that recently a lot of the items are only being sold just above vendor prices anyway so I’ve been selling less and less on it.

The expensive items are still just as expensive as they were before (keys going up!) but we all have the same chance in a raid to get them so it becomes a convenience thing for me.

I can’t get it in my head how the flea market breaks the game for one person or everyone in tarkov.

• Upvote 1

Skalden1
Posted (edited)

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Vodor:

Actually found that recently a lot of the items are only being sold just above vendor prices anyway so I’ve been selling less and less on it.

The expensive items are still just as expensive as they were before (keys going up!) but we all have the same chance in a raid to get them so it becomes a convenience thing for me.

I can’t get it in my head how the flea market breaks the game for one person or everyone in tarkov.

I never said, that the flea market breaks the game. But it has a big impact on how people are playing the game.

And I dont like the fact, that Items sold on the flea market finds there way to the customer by a magical postal service withot any risk. And I even dont like the fact, that someone how pays a small ammount of money to a "gold" seller, gets a verry big adventage over a player who does not. That is not hardcore, tactical or even survival....

Am 27.8.2019 um 06:46 schrieb Varreox:

Heeey, you want search quest/barter items for years?

Think about it, maybe you only have to search years for some quest items, because everybody is collecting them, to sell them on the flea market?

Hopefully they add a big restriction to unlock the flea market in the future

Am 27.8.2019 um 05:48 schrieb ShiroTenshi:

While i understand where you are coming from, i must say this:

Flea Market is not going to be removed.

Realistically speaking, it's already in the game and it was one of the planned features since the start of the game. Regardless of whatever reasons you may have for wanting the Flea Market to be removed, it's too late for that.

Just because it was in your plans, since the game was started, it does not mean, that it was a good idea. I get your point of view, but I can't apply your arguments for the flea market. If it is only "because it has been released and it was planned", that is a verry insufficient aproach on testing something (still in beta)...

I hope you will find a solution, that you can keep the flea market in the game and prevent the vicious circle of "Gold" buyers/sellers, Farmers, Hackers and frustrated legit players.

Best wishes
Karotte

Edited by Skalden1

Vodor
2 hours ago, Skalden1 said:

I never said, that the flea market breaks the game. But it has a big impact on how people are playing the game.

And I dont like the fact, that Items sold on the flea market finds there way to the customer by a magical postal service withot any risk. And I even dont like the fact, that someone how pays a small ammount of money to a "gold" seller, gets a verry big adventage over a player who does not. That is not hardcore, tactical or even survival....

I see your point over the gold seller thing yes, but in my view with a little effort in this beta phase I can make a good million which lasts me a while in terms of buying gear so the impact of it is very minimal in my eyes.

As for the breaking game comment it was a general statement, just meaning it changes the way it’s played as supposed to an out the box experience. Either way I still can’t quite understand how it’s a massive thing.

Don’t read that as it’s not an issue, I just don’t understand how it is.

Niewiarygodny

I hope you will find a solution, that you can keep the flea market in the game and prevent the vicious circle of "Gold" buyers/sellers, Farmers, Hackers and frustrated legit players.

Man can you change CD?
Flea market didnt start problem with "gold sellers" they existed, exist and will exist in video games. 
Also you are refusing to answer to many arguments so dunno why i bother.

And I even dont like the fact, that someone how pays a small ammount of money to a "gold" seller, gets a verry big adventage over a player who does not

Are you new to MMO games? Come with me, i will be your guide. Thats how it works. deal with it or think about solution which will elimiante problem with which MMO games are struggling for past 20 years or more. 

Let me answer, there is no such solution. If people wanna buy in game currency, there will be always someone who will farm gold to sell it.

Arzzet

I have read some good responses this time but again, this topic has like 100 with the same name, please use search function.

flea market has lot of advantages, just because people can find ways to get money from that, or advantages, this doesn’t mean is a bad thing, but sometimes is badly used. 

Don’t blame the water, just because there’s a poisoned area and you don’t want to drink it.