Jump to content
tom549

EFT closes programs when i boot game

Recommended Posts

tom549

Any help with this would be appreciated.

When i hit launch game on the launcher. a handful of programs seem to close at the same time including gyazo, battlenet,  World of Warcraft and nvidia control panel.

 

I've no clue why.

 

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR

It's because of battleeye. They need to tweek that thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tom549

I did wonder. Does it do it for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PardTheTroll
vor 42 Minuten schrieb RACWAR:

It's because of battleeye. They need to tweek that thing.

Yeah, no ...

Doesn't happen to me. Everything stays open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
1 hour ago, tom549 said:

I did wonder. Does it do it for you? 

Yes, it also closes nvidia experience and control panel for me, also closes msi afterburner and rive tuner, which luckily launch again right after, because I couldn't play without them. It also closes various other applications.

46 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Yeah, no ...

Doesn't happen to me. Everything stays open.

Well that's good for you then. But it happens to plenty other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tom549

Thanks for replying. i hope they fix this 

4 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

Yes, it also closes nvidia experience and control panel for me, also closes msi afterburner and rive tuner, which luckily launch again right after, because I couldn't play without them. It also closes various other applications.

Well that's good for you then. But it happens to plenty other people.

What AV do you use? what country are you from ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
7 minutes ago, tom549 said:

Thanks for replying. i hope they fix this 

What AV do you use? what country are you from ?

I use Avast free antivirus.

Am from Germany.

Check this:

There are other people writing about BE closing programs in there as well. The second to last post seems to be interesting. Have to read up on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
Just now, tom549 said:

update.. a reinstall fixed it

A reinstall of what? If you don't mind sharing?

Just now, PardTheTroll said:

Why I wrote the way I wrote is, because it is the first time I hear something like this. Even a few minutes of google search, I could not fight anything similar to the problem described. 

Well, there are other people in the BE feedback thread who have the same or similar issues. Check my post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PardTheTroll
vor 1 Minute schrieb RACWAR:

Well, there are other people in the BE feedback thread who have the same or similar issues. Check my post above.

As I was writing my reply, you posted that one above. Thanks. I deleted my response before you did reply a second time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tom549

reinstalled everything to do with BSG / EFT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
1 hour ago, PardTheTroll said:

As I was writing my reply, you posted that one above. Thanks. I deleted my response before you did reply a second time. 

It's all good.

23 minutes ago, tom549 said:

reinstalled everything to do with BSG / EFT

Just tried that as well. Also deleted all EFT related folders in documents and appdata/local & roaming. It's still doing it.

Thanks anyway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unwinder
19 часов назад, RACWAR сказал:

Yes, it also closes nvidia experience and control panel for me, also closes msi afterburner and rive tuner, which luckily launch again right after, because I couldn't play without them. It also closes various other applications.

Well that's good for you then. But it happens to plenty other people.

You can prevent BattlEye from closing MSI Afterburner by altering compatibility option mentioned in this thread:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
3 hours ago, Unwinder said:

You can prevent BattlEye from closing MSI Afterburner by altering compatibility option mentioned in this thread:

 

Yea I did that. Thank you. The real issue for me still are the nvidia applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevv

This is off topic from ETF, but this is also an issue for me in Rainbow Six Siege. It not only closes my GeForce Experience, but crashes steam, closes iCue, OBS, and restarts my explorer.exe process in windows.

Edited by kevv
added more
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
1 hour ago, kevv said:

This is off topic from ETF, but this is also an issue for me in Rainbow Six Siege. It not only closes my GeForce Experience, but crashes steam, closes iCue, OBS, and restarts my explorer.exe process in windows.

Hm, strange, I used to play RS: Siege a lot, and it also uses BE, and never had any issues with it. Granted I haven't played it in a long time. Seems like a very system-specific issue with some people having it and some don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevv
2 hours ago, RACWAR said:

Hm, strange, I used to play RS: Siege a lot, and it also uses BE, and never had any issues with it. Granted I haven't played it in a long time. Seems like a very system-specific issue with some people having it and some don't.

 

Yeah, it's only something that has recently happened to me. By chance have you updated your geforce driver lately? I feel like it has something to do with the 436.15 driver they released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
5 minutes ago, kevv said:

Yeah, it's only something that has recently happened to me. By chance have you updated your geforce driver lately? I feel like it has something to do with the 436.15 driver they released.

I always have the latest driver installed. But it was doing it for me even before that. So I don't think so.

I have made a support thread on the Nvidia forum earlier today, no answers thus far, but maybe someone will be able to help. I'll just leave the link below in case a solution does happen to come up on there.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-for-pc/22/314643/battleeye-closes-nvidia-experiencecontrol-panel/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR

@kevv

I made another topic about this on here. Maybe some of the recommended fixes will help you.

 

Edited by RACWAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevv

@RACWAR

Thanks for trying to help, but i've pretty much done what you've done and haven't had any success. I'm hoping Battleye updates or something and just fixes whatever the issue is. I've also done some looking around and it's also an issue happening on PUBG, which also uses Battleye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ButchFX

This has been happening to me recently, anyone find a fix..?

Edited by ButchFX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RACWAR
27 minutes ago, ButchFX said:

This has been happening to me recently, anyone find a fix..?

Reinstalling Windows fixed it for me. Win10 actually has a build-in feature for that's called "reset Windows", if there you select wipe all drives and deletes all files then that will do the same thing as reinstalling manually.

I was told that this issue has something to do with permissions, or rather the lack thereof. I used to use a program called "Spybot Anti Beacon" which basically stops Windows from spying on you and collecting your data, I left that away after reinstalling Windows that time, because I had a theory that it could be the causeof the issue. I also used to change the path of the folders "Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos" from the SSD where Windows is installed to my second SSD (because it has more space and is faster), I also didn't do that again. So either one of those was the cause, or maybe it was some other underlying issue that was fixed by reinstalling Windows.

Maybe this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ButchFX
On 9/25/2019 at 6:55 AM, RACWAR said:

Reinstalling Windows fixed it for me. Win10 actually has a build-in feature for that's called "reset Windows", if there you select wipe all drives and deletes all files then that will do the same thing as reinstalling manually.

I was told that this issue has something to do with permissions, or rather the lack thereof. I used to use a program called "Spybot Anti Beacon" which basically stops Windows from spying on you and collecting your data, I left that away after reinstalling Windows that time, because I had a theory that it could be the causeof the issue. I also used to change the path of the folders "Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos" from the SSD where Windows is installed to my second SSD (because it has more space and is faster), I also didn't do that again. So either one of those was the cause, or maybe it was some other underlying issue that was fixed by reinstalling Windows.

Maybe this helps.

Yeah I don't really want to go to the step of re-installing windows just because of one game for the most part. I just don't get why this happened out of no where and there doesn't seem to be a fix except for what worked for you which was re-installing windows. Still to this day it's happening but I'm hoping maybe with .12 this will fix. I've tried just about everything. Un-installed everything to do with Battlestate and Tarkov itself and re-installed. Verifying game, using different SSD. Nothing seems to work.. Just baffles me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smo0ths

well this is new for me now after that tech update it resets explorer leaves afterburner up some other programs but ends OBS studio 24.0.3  

this is not fun... help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
salvo89x2

Same issue here, from the yesterday patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2