PardTheTroll

Physical Manifistation of Items in Backpack/Vest/Pockets

PardTheTroll
Posted (edited)

Kinda started this question in another thread but I think it would be worth its own. 

What I mean by the title is, that items should not just manifest them self when looking inside an item-container of any kind (backpack, vest, etc. ...), but be "rendered" at all times inside the said containers. Best example I can give would be how DayZ did it (if I remember correctly that is). If someone had a full bag of items and you shot the said person, while hitting the bag, you would destroy/damage some if not all items inside the bag. 

But let me expand it. We already have a simple system like this in the game. It only applies to armor and helmets, though. Why not expand it to:

• Weapons which we carry
  • Mags/nades/meds/etc. in our vests and pockets
  • (as written above) items inside our backpacks 

What would it bring to the game?

• make the gameplay a bit slower I suppose
    • people would think twice before making a pincushion out of someone, be it through grenade spam or full auto a 60 mag (yey to the solution to the full auto meta :D)
  • another layer of protection
    • hit items could damp or even prevent a hit on the person
  • I suppose it gives items more value

But I guess it wont be that easy and will bring it's own problems:

• extra calculation steps in the hit and damage calculation
    • more stress on the netcode/servers?
  • people will not like it 😜
  • abuse in form of a new meta
    • carrying as much as possible (which already happens, but would protect the carrier - fix to the stamina/carrying system needed)
  • defeats the purpose of my "preaching" of people irl not going for the head
    • would make people go even more for the head, to not damage the goods :P (or maybe legs - we love legs, right?) 

Yeah, so that's basically it. As many people want more and more realism, I wondered that no one brought it up until now. Maybe someone did, but my search through the forum didn't bear much success. What do you think? Is it something that Tarkov could need or at least would make sense? Is it maybe to "hardcore"? Let me know!

Cheers!

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DanExert

Sounds cool, though a huge pain in the ass if you wanna get that sweet loot out of the raid 😂

Imagine getting your mags destroyed in raid, that would be a tough situation! 

PardTheTroll
Posted (edited)
vor 27 Minuten schrieb DanExert:

Imagine getting your mags destroyed in raid, that would be a tough situation! 

Well, all the hardcore fans of the game (me included) want this game to take a more realistic route. I think this would be something that is easier done, than a fancy health-system I guess. Or trying to figure out the right recoil mechanics for the weapons. Or even the relationship between different ammunition types and armor levels we have. 

For me it seems like the "easiest" way to reduce the run and gun gameplay even more and maybe even stop the full auto meta, as people will have to consider which parts of the opposing PMC they want to take back home. :D 

What just hit me is, if people will be more hesitant about shooting at people, will it make highly geared players even more dangerous/immortal? Guess here we need the final plate carrier and health system to evaluate it. :/ 

P.S. Watching you pulling out those sweet 60 round mags out of your secure container, I don't think it would be that tough for you ;) 

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1

CooH1e2

I'm not sure if this will prevent people of the rush and full auto meta....
Usually you get shot on sight... carrying a big / small backpack or only a pistol. 

It will only reduce the chances of finding good loot on other players, but you will still have guns, armour, ... You will eventually loot anything and go away. 

Spectator6

I'd welcome a non-instant transfer of items as we have now. I can hear the complaints now from certain people, I imagine it would be similar to the, "What do you mean we have to manually load bullets individually into magazines? How boring..."

But me? I revel in those details! Bring'em on!

To build on your idea further, what if weapons and items had to be physically handled by the character during interactions? For example, currently, if you find a weapon in a crate, or have one in your backpack, you can instantly dump and replace the magazine and swap out items, etc. 

Instead, it may be interesting to force the player to "equip" the weapon before these things can be done. Similar to as you describe with looting, it may help ground the player with a better sense of immersion since it would become more apparent that he's interacting with real objects within the world rather than simply clicking through a series of graphical inventory items.

Thoughts? Improvements?

stfvfn

Maybe a hit damages the cells in the backpack and items in the cells fall out? The only abuse I see is that people hide their backpacks in bushes to use later after securing a kill.

PardTheTroll
Am 31.8.2019 um 08:31 schrieb Spectator6:

To build on your idea further, what if weapons and items had to be physically handled by the character during interactions? For example, currently, if you find a weapon in a crate, or have one in your backpack, you can instantly dump and replace the magazine and swap out items, etc. 

I think this is just a matter of animations. If BSG makes those (for handling weapons/items), then I do not see why your suggestion wouldn't be implemented sooner or later. Question is, how long will those animations be? Or even should be? I could think of two methods. You click once, you normally take the item, inspect it quickly and put it where you need. You click twice you instantly shove it where you need or randomly where you have free space left. 

Another question would be, is it too much? Too tedious? But yeah, no one complains about refilling mags or healing animation either anymore :)  

vor 13 Stunden schrieb stfvfn:

Maybe a hit damages the cells in the backpack and items in the cells fall out?

Yeah, that's sound reasonable. Makes also the calculation easier I suppose, if you have to calculate cell by cell (maybe). So, I suppose your idea would be that if a cell is hit and lets say a rifle is placed there. The part/attachment that correlates to that cell will get damaged/destroyed? Yeah, that would take my idea even further. I simply thought it would kinda be enough to just lower the durability of the whole item/weapon or even destroying it based on either chance or damage (damage type - AP?) done.

Could potentially make people really throw their stuff away. But hey, would be a legit method I´d say. You either engage instantly or unequip "unnecessary/valuable" stuff before engaging, while for example risking losing the target out of sight.  

P.S. @stfvfn Just read again what you wrote. Misunderstood you at first. Not sure a few shots would be enough to destroy the backpack so much that stuff would fall out. Even when it would fall out, depending on caliber and amount of shot I´d say only scrap will fall out :) 

Edited by PardTheTroll