shadowgamer82

I’m a little annoyed

shadowgamer82

I’ve been playing for a few days now and I find the matchmaking very annoying.  I keep getting matched with players that are much higher rank than me which means they have a better understanding of the game and most likely have better loot.  I say they most likely have better loot cause every time I get in a firefight I get absolutely mowed down.  Seriously every time.  I think I’ve extracted once or twice with very minimal loot.  I do understand the game is in beta but this is a very important issue that I think needs to be addressed.  Also I’ve played a few games where I just join as a scav and immediately get gunned down by an AI scav.  Yes you heard that correctly.... AI scav.  I didn’t do anything to provoke the AI scavs to shoot at me and it’s really ruining my experience.  I didn’t shoot or aim at the scav and I just joined and he shoots me.  Also I know it’s an AI scav because I doubt anyone would have their name as some weird Russian name.  If I’m doing something wrong please tell me what cause I like the game but it’s basically unplayable for me cause I’ve practically got nothing left to raid with and I know if I play I’m just gonna be destroyed by people with much better weapons and armor than me.

• Sad 1

godswarriorpoet

Not ai scav. All player character scavs are given random names. You were killed by a human. Until they implement a karma system most scav players kill on sight. Just the way it is right now unfortunately. 

As for getting wrecked. It is tough when you first start very true. I found myself at the end of all my gear when I first started a couple years ago. I would suggest playing with a team. If you go solo you will need to take it slow, learn the maps and pick your fights wisely. There are plenty of tips and tricks videos that are helpful on youtube, but the main thing is to give yourself some room to fail and learn as you go. A wipe is happening soon, so you'll be getting your stuff back. 

Best of luck on the battlefield. Don't give up! I have yet to find a game with such immersive fire fights realism. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

mattywatty2012

First of all this has been talked about please use the search function

secondly; we have confirmation from devs that no matchmaking of any kind will be implemented into the game so get used to dying a lot

Thirdly; scavs have randomly generated names and you can only tell if they are player controlled by looking for their secure container slot after killing them.

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1

DeadlyReflex

Don't feel bad man the AI scavs are overpowered head-shotting aimbots. Spray them with bullets to stop them from going into beast mode. (it's counterintuitive, but it works)

Hope the devs fix the scavs, it's just terrible how overpowered they are.

• Upvote 1

Virtual_Icarus

Shadow, as you get better you'll be able to get a jump on those higher lvl players. Its refreshing when the wipe does happen and we're all on an even playing field, but new players will always be at a disadvantage.

My suggestion is to scav in and learn AI scav pathing routes..if you see someone out of place..kill em. If you see a scav with 2 weapons kill em. As a player sneak aaround a lot to raise your covert skill. Its not always about getting somewhere faster than the other players to loot.

If you want to do a run or you need help with some gear hit me up..virtual_icarus.

• Thanks 1

apeFromTarkoff
On 9/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, godswarriorpoet said:

Until they implement a karma system most scav players kill on sight.

not, Kotton would *cough*NEVER*cough* do that

well, unless they have rabbies or something

opiat3
On 9/2/2019 at 1:58 AM, shadowgamer82 said:

I’ve been playing for a few days now and I find the matchmaking very annoying.  I keep getting matched with players that are much higher rank than me which means they have a better understanding of the game and most likely have better loot.  I say they most likely have better loot cause every time I get in a firefight I get absolutely mowed down.  Seriously every time.  I think I’ve extracted once or twice with very minimal loot.  I do understand the game is in beta but this is a very important issue that I think needs to be addressed.  Also I’ve played a few games where I just join as a scav and immediately get gunned down by an AI scav.  Yes you heard that correctly.... AI scav.  I didn’t do anything to provoke the AI scavs to shoot at me and it’s really ruining my experience.  I didn’t shoot or aim at the scav and I just joined and he shoots me.  Also I know it’s an AI scav because I doubt anyone would have their name as some weird Russian name.  If I’m doing something wrong please tell me what cause I like the game but it’s basically unplayable for me cause I’ve practically got nothing left to raid with and I know if I play I’m just gonna be destroyed by people with much better weapons and armor than me.

Regarding the AI scavs i think all of the posts above already answer it.

When it comes to the need of having some sort of matchmaking, you are out of luck as it is working as intended... There was never an intention of having any sort of matchmaking either by gear or player lvl.

JammyJAY
On 9/2/2019 at 1:58 AM, shadowgamer82 said:

Yeah that was a player scav. If you are low level dont go looking for a fight, I play solo and play like a survival game, always going in with low gear and playing survival tactics to get the quests done.I only get geared when looking for some pvp, stick to the trees and other cover stay away from the gunshots. Eventually you can go low gear but good bullets and sneak and get the drop on geared players, I have killed many geared players with just the TT pistol or cheap automatic. If you want some backup send me a message and we hook up.