Sign in to follow this  
Virtual_Icarus

Pre battle lag

Virtual_Icarus

It never fails, right before an engagement fps drops and lag spikes. I've read somewhere that its hyper threading issues, is anyone else experiencing this. I thought this issue was taken care of a while ago. On the brighter side, when it does happen, I at least know that someone is about to open fire and kill me or im close to another player. Sometimes it happpens with scavs but usually its with players

Maki_Nishikino

Specs being? The new engine update is really going to help out with the rather appalling performance many are having. The issue you're having I completely fixed by upgrading though that doesn't mean you need to upgrade.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Virtual_Icarus

i7 7700k 2xGTX1070i in SLI and i have the game on a Samsung 250g SSD 860 i belive. Maybe its SLI causing the issue? Ive been playing this game for a couple years now and it seems to have gotten worse.

Maki_Nishikino

I would take out one of those GPUs and see what happens. Went from an i7-4790 / GTX 760 to an i7-8700 / GTX 1070 and the issue are gone. I don't think having two more cores is really going to matter that much, I highly doubt that all users of 4 core CPUs are having this issue.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

roth515

I have an i7 7700k & 1070 and i am also having this problem. I am going to test if disabling HT in my bios does anything to help. All streamers of the game seem to be running AMD builds so I am thinking HT support for the game may not be optimized. Possibly an issue with the drivers for the 1070 too...  

Starioshka

It's because you don't ADS every 10 seconds.

So when you finally do it has to load a whole bit of stuff.