Jackthelycan

Question about containers and the potential removal of them

Jackthelycan

So I watched the Pestily-stream and they talked about how the Tarkov guys are going to experiment with making containers unable to take items, is there going to be a poll where people can appose this? in the video all the guys seemed to love the idea but they are literally the top 1% of players, I'm a weaker player and to me, taking away the only small chance I have to save an item I need for a quest or save a piece of gear I desperately need seems like it's purely there to make the game more unfair and geared towards the top-tier players who already dominate in pvp and it'll also just encourage people to exit-camp as now all items  will have to be carried out so camping extracts will become 1000% more profitable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Jackthelycan

Also before people add "The game is meant to be hard" or elitist crap like that,  making the game geared to the 1% players who are incredible-pvpers isn't making the game harder, it's just making it more unfair to everyone who isn't the 1%.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Jackthelycan

Also I'm not trying to be rude, if people disagree then fine but I honestly just don't see how this kind of change benefits anyone except top-tier players

• Like 5

ShiroTenshi

I hate to say it, but the game is not meat to be fair. Now, i know you think that is a elitist thing to say but if you look at the DEVs claims all the way back during the first reveal of the game before you could even pre-order, you will realize this is intended.

Though there are ways to make things easier. You can play in a group with friends (there's plenty of clan discors, as well as the official eft discord, where you can find others to play with), go to a Sherpa for help (they will help you get better at the game), and of course you can go in offline mode to train (Stick to a single map at first so you can get relatively decent at it, and use said map as a fallback when you are low on gear).

This move isn't meant to cater to the 1% of top tier players. It is meant to make it harder to abuse the system like how we see in hatchlings. DEVs have admitted that they did not foresee people abusing the system in the way hatchlings do, and for a while they needed to consider if it was something that needed fixing or another 'unintended feature'. I guess this is their answer to that. First do a test then if the feedback from the community is good (meaning, not only the top 1% but at least more then 50%) then it becomes permanent.

In the end, if it's something the majority of the community likes then the claim that it's only to benefit the 'Top 1%' has no merit. Unless you mean that the top '1%' is actually 50+% of the community. Then i don't know how you got to that conclusion lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 5

Boniuszy

I'm freakin far from being in top 1%, even in top 50% i guess, but i will love this change, hell i play almost whole current wipe without putting things in container in raid and i have literally zero problems with money.

Do your scav runs, it's like 100-200k roubles in 15 minutes every 10 minutes.

Jackthelycan

Maybe I am making assumptions, I don't know,  I just feel like taking the container away punishes the people who need it while benefiting the people who already don't need the container. a rich-get-richer scenario.

3 minutes ago, Boniuszy said:

I'm freakin far from being in top 1%, even in top 50% i guess, but i will love this change, hell i play almost whole current wipe without putting things in container in raid and i have literally zero problems with money.

Do your scav runs, it's like 100-200k roubles in 15 minutes every 10 minutes.

if you are getting 100k+ roubles a run with your scav then all praise to you m8 but I don't think the average player who needs to use scav-runs for gear walks into a raid and can confidently leave with 100K + items.

Edited by Jackthelycan
  • Sad 1

Boniuszy
7 minutes ago, Jackthelycan said:

if you are getting 100k+ roubles a run with your scav then all praise to you m8 but I don't think the average player who needs to use scav-runs for gear walks into a raid and can confidently leave with 100K + items.

You often SPAWN as a scav with gear worth almost 100k roubles. All you need is just go to extract and as scav you're 5 times more safe than PMC. Learn the maps, routes, places with good loot and you will be fine, put a effort and time if you wanna be competetive in online game.

Interchange is place where you go as scav.

MongreLz

I am a newbie for sure but also oppose this change. The container is the one reason I would ever purchase a key on a flea market. With the loss of being able to save keys/document cases/wallets etc which is what I use it for... I feel like my interest in this game is going to fade quickly. you only have a small room to work with, I would rather see them change it so you need to spawn in with gear not just melee weapons and remove pistols being added to containers. I love the game but I would only ever enjoy Scav runs then because my survival rate is lower than average.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Lfsabch

rather they Make it so you cant enter a raid without gear, rather than get rid of containers..... punishing the wrong people with this

SpineyNorman

I will NEVER understand all this pearl clutching about Hatchlings,

If someone spawns in with no gear/armor/guns/limited meds and can be one tapped by ANYTHING then extracts with loot you wanted you got outplayed.

Unless you paid for their game you have no right to force someone to use your playstyle just because you are salty about the lack of loot pinatas,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BrettB

Maybe just make it a server option. Join the no container server or dont.

• Upvote 1

Thormato
6 minutes ago, BrettB said:

Maybe just make it a server option. Join the no container server or dont.

Oh yea farm your 50Mio rubels on the Container Server and then go for the pvp on the none container server, thats a good idea

BrettB

So what? if you get killed its good for the economy.

Chiknhawk64

It's pure bullshit is what it is, I love everything about how brutal this game can be at most times and enjoy trying out new ways to live/survive in maps whether I'm playing solo or in squad, but the ONLY reason I bought EOD was for the gamma, I bought a standard account and lived with it for a bit until I got comfortable with playing and proceeded with the upgrade, so i'll be happy with a refund difference and go back to a standard account if BSG wish to remove the containers, will this be an option?

Edited by Chiknhawk64
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YunXuanKing

We need to put things in the safe!!!! Don't make silly decisions!!!

YunXuanKing

A good game should listen to the advice of all players, not just for the top players to modify!We need to put things in the safe!!!! Don't make silly decisions!!!

Hamm

They are going to cater to the streamers and the top 1%. because they want there "niche" players to be happy lol

• Like 1

SpineyNorman

The streamers that get weapons containers and cash handed to them?

I blew a Mosin hole in the chest of a LEVEL 40 hatchling who was stupid enough to attack while I was looting and  wearing a helmet...no threat, no problem.

The real issue is good loot spawns in the SAME PLACE every time and hatchlings are faster than tanks...you want realism? guess what armor is heavy and slows you down...you want speed you take your chances.

I bought EOD and I'll Goram play the way I want to. I ran almost every raid as a Hatchie at first, learned the maps, learned the weapons now I almost never do...but that's MY choice not someone else's.

MrXT
1 hour ago, SpineyNorman said:

The streamers that get weapons containers and cash handed to them?

I blew a Mosin hole in the chest of a LEVEL 40 hatchling who was stupid enough to attack while I was looting and  wearing a helmet...no threat, no problem.

The real issue is good loot spawns in the SAME PLACE every time and hatchlings are faster than tanks...you want realism? guess what armor is heavy and slows you down...you want speed you take your chances.

I bought EOD and I'll Goram play the way I want to. I ran almost every raid as a Hatchie at first, learned the maps, learned the weapons now I almost never do...but that's MY choice not someone else's.

A simple fix for hatchlings is simply stopping any player from joining a raid without a gun and or randomise loot spawns. Removing secure containers after advertising them as feature for products they sold for a stupid amount is illegal and over the top.

Phoenixsui

I like the idea. Finally players need to plan how to survive in order to get loot.

Secure containers wont be removed, but with changed function. Gamma provides still more space for keys and supplies. Don’t whine about it.

It is especially good in the beginning of a wipe, when all the headless chickens start hatchetrunning the tasks or key spawns. Instead of playing properly. Thats just my opinion about that playstyle.

It will make it hard for those who run for red keycards and disconnect, if it is not there, and those with similar playstyles or who rubels for money.

It gives players who actually bring gear a chance to get some of the most highest value per slot items before the speed runners get it all secured.

Finally looting dead bodys will require to secure the surroundings. No more putting Airframes and thermals into gamma and happily dying, after a lucky headshot with a mosin or pistol.

LEDX won’t require suicidal run for spawns. I mean they could just spawn on Raiders instead.

Finally when the speedrunner escapes to the dorms, resort, just because he is so nimble and lag helps him zig zagging  we get the chance to catch up and try to get them before they disconnect with the loot.

Now everyone has the equal chance for every loot.

Yes i have EOD and no i don’t win over 50% of fights with players.

But actually planning and thinking of my steps helps me to survive and be rich even if I’m bad in pvp. (My aim sucks against those nimble pvpers who strafe and strafe and never die lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

demolancealiber

Enjoy the moslings extract camping 😊 Thats going to be the fastest way to get your quest items and keys

Menuen

Maybe make rubble treshold to join a game.

For example to go to customs your gear needs to be worth at least 50k. OFC make different maps have different treholds. High profit maps like labs should have bigger one and low profit like woods, factory lower.

This would prevent Hatched runs and keep the ability to secure loot for worse players.

Jackthelycan

*Tiny side note* It's kinda funny to see a sherpa, a person who specifically is meant to help new players, going on forums to gleefully cheer on changes that will hurt new players.

BigBlack1063

I have  The edge of darkness edition because i’m bad pvpplayer and i need a big secure container. Now i feel fucked with this news. I hope this dont gona be permanent.

Phoenixsui
vor 17 Minuten schrieb Jackthelycan:

*Tiny side note* It's kinda funny to see a sherpa, a person who specifically is meant to help new players, going on forums to gleefully cheer on changes that will hurt new players.

I am sure, if any new player asks any Sherpa for help he will get it.

And he can use Scavruns to gather equipment in worst case. 10min scav reset is already nothing. (to fast in my opinion)

Everyone needs to learn this game and will die a lot. But those who are willing to spend some thoughts in their actions and learn the maps and game mechanics will be rewarded by success, even if they would theoretically lose every PvP encounter.

When i started playing, i had to google wth i had to do in this game. My first woods raid i dehydrated after walking around clueless what would end the raid. I ended up in Teamspeak of a Forummember. He was my Sherpa a long time ago, when the community had to help themself.

Now i like to help players since i know how clueless i was in the beginning.

Today we have Wiki, Sherpas, Guides, Youtube, Streamers, the Forums and other ways to find grip in this beautiful game.

Not sure what secure containers have to do with Sherpa support.

• Like 2