Jump to content
Jackthelycan

Question about containers and the potential removal of them

Recommended Posts

johncage213
1 hour ago, demolancealiber said:

Enjoy the moslings extract camping 😊 Thats going to be the fastest way to get your quest items and keys

yep you "solve" one problem and create different ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johncage213

this change could be ok if implemented alonside active karma and incentives to help other pmcs rather than murder them on sight

maybe add coop pve mode with no gamma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArikawaTeri

If they decided to deploy the new sucured containers system I would say camping in the EPs for money runs woundn't be a poor efficiency option even without keys.

I don't meant to be a dick player,I never done this before and also oppose this behavior, If the new system is directly against hatchlings,please aware that there are another better options for developers to choose,yet they only see this "only option".

I purchased the EOD version for a larger container and larger stash space,I don't think they have right to take something they promised to the EOD players.even it's still a Gamma but with new changes I wounldn't call it a Gamma anymore.

that being said,the changes have yet applied to the game,they called a public opinion poll but me feel this is unfair to EOD buyers.

If I had a choice,Just keep contains like they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
8 minutes ago, ArikawaTeri said:

If they decided to deploy the new sucured containers system I would say camping in the EPs for money runs woundn't be a poor efficiency option even without keys.

I don't meant to be a dick player,I never done this before and also oppose this behavior, If the new system is directly against hatchlings,please aware that there are another better options for developers to choose,yet they only see this "only option".

I purchased the EOD version for a larger container and larger stash space,I don't think they have right to take something they promised to the EOD players.even it's still a Gamma but with new changes I wounldn't call it a Gamma anymore.

that being said,the changes have yet applied to the game,they called a public opinion poll but me feel this is unfair to EOD buyers.

If I had a choice,Just keep contains like they are.

Technically you still get the promised EOD package, like the container is still there and usable, so i don't see a problem (i got EOD myself). I welcome the change for more gearbased runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
10 hours ago, Chiknhawk64 said:

It's pure bullshit is what it is, I love everything about how brutal this game can be at most times and enjoy trying out new ways to live/survive in maps whether I'm playing solo or in squad, but the ONLY reason I bought EOD was for the gamma, I bought a standard account and lived with it for a bit until I got comfortable with playing and proceeded with the upgrade, so i'll be happy with a refund difference and go back to a standard account if BSG wish to remove the containers, will this be an option?

As per the TOS, there are no refunds. They are not removing the container anyway, they are just changing the gameplay element that is attached to the Gamma. Also per the TOS, they are within their rights to do this. It is one of the risks of pre-ordering a still in development game is that things may change.

It's exactly the same as changing recoil values on weapons. Recoil was added several times to all weapons, which also affected an item that was part of the pre-orders, but did anyone complain about that at the time? No. But now that theya re making a slight change to the Gamma everyone is suddenly up in arms about it.

They also expanded the stash size for everyone, for free, twice. Didn't hear people complain that it was 'Changing what they paid for'.

  • Like 1
  • Hot 3
  • Cold 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArikawaTeri
1 minute ago, saibot0 said:

Technically you still get the promised EOD package, like the container is still there and usable, so i don't see a problem (i got EOD myself). I welcome the change for more gearbased runs.

like a said,you're still having the container,but the function is not as useful as before,I think there are lots of EOD player once was white names,they purchased the EOD version after they realized how the containers works and help the raid,If the new changes has comes,As a late-upgraded player I am very glad to receive the refund and back to the cheapest version.(though I can't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
42 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

As per the TOS, there are no refunds. They are not removing the container anyway, they are just changing the gameplay element that is attached to the Gamma. Also per the TOS, they are within their rights to do this. It is one of the risks of pre-ordering a still in development game is that things may change.

It's exactly the same as changing recoil values on weapons. Recoil was added several times to all weapons, which also affected an item that was part of the pre-orders, but did anyone complain about that at the time? No. But now that theya re making a slight change to the Gamma everyone is suddenly up in arms about it.

They also expanded the stash size for everyone, for free, twice. Didn't hear people complain that it was 'Changing what they paid for'.

messing with the gamma and recoil 2 different things lol.

i love how people think that them doing this to the gamma will make people bring in gear. whoever thinks this is completely wrong, people already dont bring in gear and you CAN secure stuff in your gamma, take being able to secure stuff in there....gg

Edited by Hamm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
4 minutes ago, Hamm said:

messing with the gamma and recoil 2 different things lol.

i love how people think that them doing this to the gamma will make people bring in gear. whoever thinks this is completely wrong, people already dont bring in gear and you CAN secure stuff in your gamma, take being able to secure stuff in there....gg

This is an absolute empty statement with no arguments what so ever. It will force people to bring in gear to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
Just now, saibot0 said:

This is an absolute empty statement with no arguments what so ever. It will force people to bring in gear to survive.

they will just hide better and avoid players better...you cant force people to bring in gear lol. stop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
4 minutes ago, Hamm said:

they will just hide better and avoid players better...you cant force people to bring in gear lol. stop

but then people will look more for them and or camp extracts since they will be forced to go to places with players i.e they will die without gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
1 minute ago, saibot0 said:

but then people will look more for them and or camp extracts since they will be forced to go to places with players i.e they will die without gear.

smh...im done with you...cause camping extracts should be a thing now just because they want to mess with the gamma. lmao.

Edited by Hamm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
Just now, Hamm said:

smh...im done with you.

Yeah you run out of arguments, because you know your wrong, just admit defeat don't be stubborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
2 minutes ago, saibot0 said:

Yeah you run out of arguments, because you know your wrong, just admit defeat don't be stubborn.

you sound...........not gonna say it cause they will prolly ban me. your argument.....camp extract to make sure they dont escape..lmao, just stop. you didnt defeat anything, go look at the forums, im not the only one who finds the idea dumb. take the loss on the chin and move on...once you said camp the extract to make sure they dont survive is mind boggling its self, i hope you get extract camped 100000000 times in a row. i mean just looking at your sig lets me know what kind of person you are lol

Edited by Hamm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
1 minute ago, Hamm said:

you sound...........not gonna say it cause they will prolly ban me. your argument.....camp extract to make sure they dont escape..lmao, just stop. you didnt defeat anything, go look at the forums, im not the only one who finds the idea dumb. take the loss on the chin and move on...once you said camp the extract to make sure they dont survive is mind boggling its self, i hope you get extract camped 100000000 times in a row. i mean just looking at your sig lets me know what kind of person you are lol

I love how you are talking about all the other stuff unrelated to the main discussion to avoid the fact that you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
4 minutes ago, saibot0 said:

I love how you are talking about all the other stuff unrelated to the main discussion to avoid the fact that you are wrong.

avoid the fact im wrong? im not though, iv already shattered this argument, as i said, go look at the other forum posts. im not wrong. you are. once again, put the tally marker on my side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saibot0
2 minutes ago, Hamm said:

avoid the fact im wrong? im not though, iv already shattered this argument, as i said, go look at the other forum posts. im not wrong. you are. once again, put the tally marker on my side.

Tell me, why am i wrong and how you shatter my argument

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sleava

@Jackthelycan I don't understand where you are coming from. If you are in a constant desperate need for gear, why don't you just do what I do? Go to the market and buy some?

I assume that most other players do this, and just like me put their purchase into the dozen or so THICC cases they have lying around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheRealJank

Right when they are finally getting things better in this game, they say "hey anyone know what we can do to piss everyone off?" Oh yeah, let's mess with the one reason these guys shelled out over $100 for our game. Regardless of the argument to change them.. It was sold to us with the description of being a secure container to put loot in. If they were going to do anything to them, I think the only thing that we could accept is possibly giving it the rules of kappa. Not sure why everyone is afraid of hatchlings anyway. Just salty they got to loot before you? Easy way to combat that is run to loot spawn like they do kill them before they can gamma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackthelycan
4 hours ago, sleava said:

@Jackthelycan I don't understand where you are coming from. If you are in a constant desperate need for gear, why don't you just do what I do? Go to the market and buy some?

I assume that most other players do this, and just like me put their purchase into the dozen or so THICC cases they have lying around.

But-.. like, my issue is I'm not great at the game and during fire-fights I almost always lose, vs scav NPCs? I do.. ok. so long as its 1v1 I tend to win but when its vs players I almost always lose unless they, like me, are awful.. so how am I meant to buy gear? I can't survive my raids to escape with items/money so I cant afford to buy better gear, the gamma-container is the only reason I have any money because on the rare occasion I can find a bitcoin or a Iphone then it goes in my container, I sell it and then use that money to fund my next 3-5 raids.. which I tend to die on thus losing the gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sleava

@Jackthelycan

Well, for one, you could play the market. That has a steep learning curve, so it's understandable if you don't want to go that route. Past that

-Play lots of scav runs. You can earn a decent amount, sometimes spawn with decent gear, and can take more risks and build more experience.
-Learn how to avoid other players. Alternatively with scavs, if things turn spicy judge when it's best to withdraw
-Make sure when you start a fight, you do so on your terms. If you are going to take a stab at players, make sure you get the advantage in placement suitable to your gear.
-Try to do well with long range weapons. It lets you take shots at lower risk. If it's a player, you can get a few shots off before relocating. If it be scavs, you can thin their numbers before moving in for a kill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snot_Shot

This whole thing stinks with Klean aim punch incident. Recommendation to the game developer by a streamer  who has no experience in game developing.

I am EOD owner too and yes the main reason I got it was because of bigger container. I am also very average player and would prefer to keep things as it is but if its just for "event/testing" purposes then go for it. The whole concept of being able to remove something from your container while in the raid but not being able to put exactly same item you looted is laughable.

If you think that with this change stopping small percentage of hatchet runners, together with large number of casual players who will very likely stop playing is a good move then go for it. Instead of implementing dynamic loot spawn asap lets beat around the bush for another year or two until you have to wait 10+ minutes to get into the raid or play in empty servers.

This adjustment will also give incentive to cheat even more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID10T

I'm fine with the idea of it being gone.

Change can be difficult sometimes, but the community will adapt.  IMO, it's not a 'game-breaker.'

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phoenixsui
vor 11 Stunden schrieb sleava:

Well, for one, you could play the market

@Jackthelycan Yes. I know for newer players it is hard. But if you keep checking pricetags for all items existing in the game, you will find many 1x1 items you can sell on fleamarket for 10k+ per slot.

Looting weapons or just running for bitcoins and similar items is not the best way to loot in my eyes. Ok if you find a bitcoin take it, but don’t specifically just aim for those items. You can get richer with a Scav backpack full of small items with a constant income instead of searching the 1 bitcoin and leaving frustrated when not found.

So many players i meet are only happy when they loot weapons/bitcoins etc. witch consume way to much space, unless they are top tier fully modded.

I am always surprised when looting boxes and corpses after other teammates, whag value they just ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bbcokeley

As long as keys can still be put in the gamma im fine, maybe change it so quest item pickups (golden watch etc..) go into the container by default as a compromise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeavo

I play as both solo and with a 4-5 man squad and I'm a bit torn on this issue. My Squad mates are what you'd call "hardcore" gamers except every wipe they go hatchling and hoard all the keys/quest items they can find sell them with inflated prices on the market. Once they've hoarded tens of millions they start gearing up and then and only then hatchlings are suddenly the worst thing on the planet but not just hatchling, everyone who isn't geared with hightier loot is a problem in their opinion and should be banned. They spray their mp-7 on a PMC only to find level 3 armors and they totally sperg out. Listening to these people is sure way to ensure you'll lose players and once you've started losing casuals you'll start losing "hardcore" players because casuals are the appetizers you'll hunt before finding and killing the main course which is a another high geared "hardcore" player. My group seems to tolerate casuals like me only as mule carrying their extra loot they don't want staying in the map so that they couldn't potentially bite them in the ass later in a form of low geared player looting them and coming after us. So to put it short they enjoy PvP only when they have the upper hand in terms of gear.

If you want to do away with the containers you need something to balance it for the newer and more casual players. Having access to AP ammunition earlier and cheaper would be my recommendation. Also this will increase price gouging on quest items necessary for progression so there needs to be either significantly increased spawn rates for them or you need to make them into quest items that go into your quest inventory.

Also I have a creeping suspicion that while now its hatchlings, next its mosinlings and then its something else. "Hardcore" guys seem to be unhappy when people don't play 100% like them 100% on their level. They level up incredibly fast and expect everyone else to be like them but still want their edge over others. Hardcores enjoy challenge only after they've already reached the point in a game that losing won't set them back economic nor progression wise but they don't want to allow that luxury to others.

TL;DR

Listening to "hardcore" players will get your player numbers down to 0 since they themselves are the worst offenders of every exploit and will never be satisfied unless you can shower them with easy kills and hightier loot. They don't enjoy the challenge they just want to make everyone else suffer. Once you lose casuals, you'll lose hardcore because they won't have people to kill anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2