Jackthelycan

Question about containers and the potential removal of them

Spectator6

Some are commenting that they're worried extract camping will surge through the roof. 

They point out that extract camping may serve a similar "little risk, high reward" gameplay loop not too different from the current hatchling meta. 

Could that be the case? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I anticipate the geared players who traversed the map and accumulated gear will have the advantage in the longrun, but again, we'll just have to see. I remain confident, however, that should extract camping become a major issue within the game, BSG will do its best to address it.

For example, is it possible that the recently alluded to "sniper scavs overwatching extracts" mechanic may be one of the ways BSG will attempt to discourage people from camping extracts? Could be.

Also, let's not forget that BSG is currently in the process of making extractions more involved/interesting affairs. These mechanics could also serve to make extraction camping a less viable option.

Anything else come to mind? Something I'm missing?

PardTheTroll
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Spectator6:

Some are commenting that they're worried extract camping will surge through the roof.

I don't believe there are that many (or even any) exit campers to begin with. All those people complaining about it are coming from fast paced shooters and believe anyone who sits more than 5 seconds still is camper. These people don't even think for a second that those alleged "campers" could be:

• people (just like them) making their way to the extract
  • someone who is ambushing them, as he saw them running like a rabid dog to extract, paying little to none attention to the surroundings
  • similar to above, they have been trailed (do this often my self, hunting for people whom I either saw or heard somewhere)
  • maybe even someone who sniped them away from a bigger distance
    • this might potentially a "camper" but seriously? If someone wants to snipe people, does he have to run like crazy and make 360 no-scopes all the time?

In the end I`d say there is no camping in this game, as every playstyle that lets you survive and/or get more loot is legit (except cheats of course!). Here I might contradict my self, as I am one of the anti-hatchling, anti-naked-guy group. But as long as they don't deliberately kill them self after filling their container or disconnect form the server, they still play acceptable (kinda).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

InpMin

Not letting certain items be put into secure containers and/or making it so some items can only be placed in the container but not removed during runs seems like a better and more nuanced solution then changing how the entire mechanic works. Doing it that way would also make it easier to react to exploitative or unintended behavior of the container in the future.

• Like 1

Elder_Drake

I think this move on the containers is a bad idea but instead of just saying that let me explain why.

Many people come to this game for the risk<==>reward, realistic mechanics, and playstyle. That said I see this move alienating those that are not as good as others. This game can already be frustratingly punishing, I have had friends buy the EoD and have quit out of frustration (mainly pre Battleye and when desync was even worse). My point is why add another layer of possible frustration for people when you can compromise a little bit?

Loot should absolutely be allowed to be placed in a container but no rigs, ammo, containers (besides a keybar and docs case), nor weapons. Straight loot and you find a nice compromise to not completely piss some people off. Can't satisfy everyone all the time, but you can meet at a middle point. Hell, maybe this is what it is and I missed that part but I am not going to watch a lot of videos on it nor read through threads. I will just wait for .12 and see how it works and leave feedback if I don't like it, then I'll wait to see how BSG handles it but also understand that my own opinions are my own and I have to respect the vision BSG has for their game. Let them test this out, get feedback, and see how it goes but I still in my gut feel this is a bad move if the container is basically useless now.

Edited by Elder_Drake
typos

hoodstreet

just make sure to vote in the thread with the poll.

the numbers dont lie and people power can smash down these garbage rats back down to the sewer 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1