Starioshka

Armor downgraded.

Arzzet
On 9/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, Arzzet said:

On 9/3/2019 at 7:37 PM, FallenWarrior60 said:

. Armor should be repairable to 100% however it should be uninsurable and unpurchasable past level 3 armor.

This is what have no sense

AdhesiveTeflon
On 9/8/2019 at 3:19 AM, Starioshka said:

@Yeavo You know that if Tarkov went completely reallistic you wouldn't die from 10 shots to the stomach without Armour right?

Were you even in the military or are you trying to BS us because your lack of experience really shows.   You seem to think plate carriers are the end-all-be-all shield-me-from-all-shots star-trek-laser-beam-defecting thing.  You know how many guys died from a single shot to the chest?  Guess you better go wake up my buddy from his grave and tell him that he can be alive again because it was only one round that hit him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeavo
On 9/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Guess you better go wake up my buddy from his grave and tell him that he can be alive again because it was only one round that hit him.

Geez. My condolences to you, and your buddies family. I'd give you a like but that doesn't feel right since I'd be liking your buddies death. +1 sympathy. Hang in there buddy.

• Like 1

GeneralBrus

atm i think its not too much the armor that feels weird, i think the overall HP of the PMC is kinda off.

u can tank 5 shots and still be running arround because of painkillers.

Valaska
On 9/9/2019 at 7:16 AM, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Were you even in the military or are you trying to BS us because your lack of experience really shows.   You seem to think plate carriers are the end-all-be-all shield-me-from-all-shots star-trek-laser-beam-defecting thing.  You know how many guys died from a single shot to the chest?  Guess you better go wake up my buddy from his grave and tell him that he can be alive again because it was only one round that hit him.

Hearts out to you, mate. It's rough, best we can do is remember them and live well.

• Like 2

GeneralBrus
vor 11 Stunden schrieb Starioshka:

Five shots is nothing.

it says this guy was still fighting after beeing fately hit... 

doesnt say how often he got shot! where is your logic there?

u take a painkiller ingame vs guys on crack. come on dont give me that lol

Starioshka
13 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

u take a painkiller ingame vs guys on crack. come on dont give me that lol

Realism fallacy again. This is a game. They should act fast and be effective. Otherwise what's the point.

• Sad 1

jorgent
On 9/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, Starioshka said:

Right now there are way too many ways to go dumb in with your luck and cap a heavily armored guy with a few shots straight to his expensive level 4 armor. The problem is not that is doable, but that it is way too easy and cheap to not do it.

Back before 762x51 was widely available you had to carry an extra mag of BS rounds if you wanted to take on Armored guys and play accordingly. Now any loser can run up straight to a Fort and blast him dead upfront.

If you spend 300k on your loadout you should not be punished for it.

I do not agree here mate.the only thing you buy when buying better armor, is a higher chance of survival, no guaranties, unless you are beeing shot at with low tier ammo. 

AdhesiveTeflon
On 9/14/2019 at 1:18 AM, Starioshka said:

@AdhesiveTeflon Not very cool pulling a fake sob story for likes.

You know what's funny?  The fact that you think a round hitting a person is the same feeling the shooter gets from the recoil.  The fact that you expect somebody pushing a knife and a 5.56 NATO green tip (or 7.62NATO in the case of a M240) to have the same affect on a person is a joke.  So you're either lying about being in the military or you're so poorly trained that I wouldn't want anybody I know serving with you.   (Which you were definitely not in the US military so you're either in the Spanish or Georgian military as they're the only other users of the M240.)

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeavo

@AdhesiveTeflon OP is definitely not any western military. His lack of basic knowledge on physics, ballistics, human anatomy and medicine is so lacking no professional military force would let him near a machine gun. The guy uses example of Mumbai attack where terrorists kept on fighting when wounded fatally because they were hoffed up on cocaine and LSD and this guy keeps jammering about ibuprofen and  morphine. Meaning he lacks the knowledge to distinguish stimulants from narcotics. Quite frankly this guy would've failed the basic first aid course and there is no way this guy would've been able to attend combat lifesaver courses.

Lack of knowledge about basic science tells me this guy either flunked high-school or was educated in a country that doesn't have a functioning educational system by any western standards. Also there is no coherent argument there. He tries to argue realism and when proven wrong starts yelling "realism -fallacy". No coherency. No logical consistency. He just argues all over the place instead of choosing one argument and seeing it through. Definitely not higher education, this is 'flunk out of high school debate team" -tier BS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GeneralBrus
Am 16.9.2019 um 15:54 schrieb Yeavo:

He just argues all over the place instead of choosing one argument and seeing it through.

Yea... so true, i still dont understand his position. 

Zultvoet

Nothing wrong with armor. Just dunked 25 6.3 AP rounds into Killa's chest and after he figuered trying to shoot me through a pillar, behind that another pilar and behind that a wall wasn't effective he rushed out and one tapped me in the head, sprinting lol, despite me being ads on that corner. I love this realistic cough cough fps. Not a thing wrong with it.

Starioshka
On 9/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, AdhesiveTeflon said:

The fact that you expect somebody pushing a knife and a 5.56 NATO green tip (or 7.62NATO in the case of a M240) to have the same affect on a person is a joke.

Uneducated and american.

Never claimed that. I gave it to you as an example so you would understand what is the difference between soft armor and hard armor which you cannot grasp. And if you cannot grasp what an "example" is then I can't help you any further.

AdhesiveTeflon
On 9/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, Starioshka said:

@Yeavo

Yes, I was in the military. What you're talking about as you mentioned yourself is soft armor. Try this experiment now:

Take a knife and poke your without anything to cover it

Now put a few layers of cloth on your leg and try to poke it

And lastly put a cutting board on your leg and you can stab it

Rifles don't knock you out when you shoot them do they? Why would you be extremely damaged, as you claim, when you have a much bigger and heavier lump of Kevlar covering MORE territory on your body than your buttstock?

What we need is not extreme Realism or "realism" of one shot one kill, but actual options and choices as to how to take engagements. Blunt damage and armor failing to block low tier rounds is removing those options.

12 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

Uneducated and american.

Never claimed that. I gave it to you as an example so you would understand what is the difference between soft armor and hard armor which you cannot grasp. And if you cannot grasp what an "example" is then I can't help you any further.

See above.  And you're comparing cloth to kevlar and a piece of board to a ceramic SAPI plate; wow you're a dumbass. 

Hopefully you're nothing more than a boot that won't lead any good people to their unnecessary death because "hurr durr I got armor so I'm ironman hurr durr."  Please go out to Afghanistan and step on an IED if you're so confident armor will save you.

Starioshka
On 9/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, AdhesiveTeflon said:

See above.  And you're comparing cloth to kevlar and a piece of board to a ceramic SAPI plate; wow you're a dumbass. 

Uneducated and american.

Never claimed that. Never did that. It's for you dummies with IQ below your age to get a grasp on why soft armor doesn't stop damage to the body and hard armor completely negates it. But you fail to even grasp what an example is.

Havaren
On 9/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, Starioshka said:

@Yeavo

Rifles don't knock you out when you shoot them do they? Why would you be extremely damaged, as you claim, when you have a much bigger and heavier lump of Kevlar covering MORE territory on your body than your buttstock?

Rifles don't have the same energy that the bullet does due to how acceleration and mass work. Both the bullet and the rifle gain the same force.  The rifle doesn't take your arm off, usually, because of how mass and acceleration work. 

One thing you are also forgetting is impact surface. yes, the Kevlar is covering more area.... But I'm not hitting that area. I'm hitting a small section of said area. example - assume i can control how much force I put out exactly.  Now i slap you in the chest for 15J.  Not much really. it might hurt and maybe leave a mark. Now do the same with a sewing needle. you know have a needle embedded in your chest. 

2 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Uneducated and american.

Never claimed that. Never did that. It's for you dummies with IQ below your age to get a grasp on why soft armor doesn't stop damage to the body and hard armor completely negates it. But you fail to even grasp what an example is.

Soft armor doesn't stop damage because it doesn't stop the round, at least for rifles - pistols are a bit round/caliber dependent. Hard plate will usually stop the round, but they still have to do something with the energy applied. and while they blow some of it off, some still gets through, and it well may be enough to do some damage, unless you have something significant padding behind it.  I mean, why else would you have the trauma gel otherwise?

Starioshka
40 minutes ago, Havaren said:

Now i slap you in the chest for 15J.  Not much really. it might hurt and maybe leave a mark. Now do the same with a sewing needle. you know have a needle embedded in your chest. 

Slow down with the examples. These Weimaricanos won't get it.

Also you replied to the wrong guy. We are saying the same thing.

Havaren
1 minute ago, Starioshka said:

Slow down with the examples. These Weimaricanos won't get it.

Also you replied to the wrong guy. We are saying the same thing.

No need to be insulting  and i replied to the correct person.  

they get the idea, the problem is the scope.

the knife example works to a point, the problem is the scope. that example doesn't take into effect the amount of energy applied by the system. if you want to do a better example, try a baseball bat with a railroad spike in it. uncovered is going to suck bad. covered may or may not have penetration but is still likely to cause some nasty damage. the cutting board is very unlikely to have penetration but without padding or something to take the energy you might still have some damage, possibly significant.

KentuckyFriedSpy
On 9/4/2019 at 5:13 AM, Starioshka said:

How does this make any sense?

IRL armor can stop MANY shots repeatedly and a human body can take multiple wounds and survive.

If you're pretending to be one of the "tarkov must be tactical and realistic" crowd you're a dummy for falling for a joke. Armor has to go back to patch 10 and earlier levels when you had to outplay the Fort not just shoot at him like a retarded monkey.

I'd love to see the condition of that person taking many shots repeatedly in armor... probably wouldn't be standing too well huh? As people have already stated in this thread, armor should not be an instant assurance that you will live through every shot while running along a huge field like a spring lamb.

cryat
Am 8.9.2019 um 10:19 schrieb Starioshka:

You know that if Tarkov went completely reallistic you wouldn't die from 10 shots to the stomach without Armour right?

Level 6 would be completely impossible to kill only immobilize or nade them.

man you have no idea what is realistic.

first of all, body armor in eft is not realistic and thats not because of the amout of bullets it can stop, it is because of the protection zones.

Body armor in IRL only protect your most important organs and not your whole upper body like in eft ;)

....so if Tarkov realy went completely reallistic and someone sprays you down with a whole mag, there is a chance you survice that, but no way to stand on our own two feet, thats video game bullshit.

Body armor are bullet-resistant, meaning that they increase the rates of survival, decrease the severity of injuries that occur, and give you a better chance, but you are not becoming a tank.

MECTb_3A_DEDOB
В 05.09.2019 в 20:41, Starioshka сказал:

Yes, I was in the military.

Means nothing. A lot of people go through the army but it doesn't mean that they even heard of real combatants how bodyarmor feels.

That EOD suit in your post can't stop the bullet, if we are talking about kevlar inserts with NIJ level one protection and pistols then yes. But only armor plate can stop rifle bullets. And armor plate doesn't cover your whole body. It also gets worse every shot it takes. That's why you need to replace your plate even after one hit (especially if it is not made only from metal), didn't they tell you in the army?

We should refer to experience of real people who were involved in real building assault. We need info, the more the better. According to russian Spec Ops veteran (known as Razvedos, I can find the video later), there is no chance of surviving the AKM burst even in bodyarmor (maybe because armor plate doesn't cover the whole body) in close combat.

Also Tankov bullet-spongy hands suck a lot.

New generation trauma pads are doing their job well by the way, but each next shot is destroying the pad and the plate making protection worse, according to YT videos lol. By the way guys from this video mention "we won't show you what happened to our ribs".

Edited by MECTb_3A_DEDOB

MECTb_3A_DEDOB

This is everything that protects from front. The pelvis protection is not top class. If I'm not right find me pls where they sell NIJ class 3 or 4 pelvis thing.
image.thumb.png.b562d2b0eee12da02ea89ce164a5983c.png
8004352-1024x448.jpg

Edited by MECTb_3A_DEDOB

AdhesiveTeflon
On 9/28/2019 at 2:34 AM, Starioshka said:

Uneducated and american.

Dude, you're an idiot and whoever trained you is apparently an idiot too.  Please go to Afghanistan and get get shot and see what happens.  If you live then armor works.  If you don't live then we all win and your idiocy doesn't get another kid killed when they shouldn't have.

Hard armor doesn't negate damage and you're a dumbass to think it does.  You've provided zero proof other than "I as in the military" in which is obvious you never served by the single fact you made a topic like this; apparently common sense isn't a thing in your military.  Telling me I'm uneducated and yet you make a completely retarded topic like this LOL.

Like I said, go tell my buddies' family that he should be alive because his SAPI plate should have made him invincible and completely stop the round.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

Starioshka

@MECTb_3A_DEDOB Thanks a lot for proving my point mate. These kids need to learn a thing or two about actual physics and watch less movies of blonde girls killing armored SWAT juggernauts with a single shot from a pistol.

Of course you will replace something that has been damaged, why are you even bringing it up? Lower protection? Yes, marginally.

And your post with the picture is displaying american airsofter/ LARPer armor, nobody wears anything as flimsy as that bikini in actual combat. The plates I carried covered your entire stomach and chest + 2 smaller side plates. There's no way to get shot anywhere but your shoulders.