Starioshka

Armor downgraded.

Yeavo

I feel the whole armor feeling unrealistic will solve itself when they finally implement separate plates (and thus hitboxes) and lower all armor (the vest itself) to realistic max. level 3 while plates are level 4 and up. That way plates stop penetration hitting them directly while everything around the plates is fair game for any and all rifle calibers.

Starioshka
1 hour ago, Yeavo said:

I feel the whole armor feeling unrealistic will solve itself when they finally implement separate plates (and thus hitboxes) and lower all armor (the vest itself) to realistic max. level 3 while plates are level 4 and up. That way plates stop penetration hitting them directly while everything around the plates is fair game for any and all rifle calibers.

What?

Vests are just thicker underwear, they don't do anything to stop even a pencil.

And armor feels extremely realistic. Or would you rather we switched to apex legends/ pubg health pool?

Yeavo
8 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Some vests have no protective value what-so-ever while some are basically (up to) NIJ-IIIA soft-armor (resistant up to .357 Smith&Wesson) with pouches for plates.

8 hours ago, Starioshka said:

And armor feels extremely realistic. Or would you rather we switched to apex legends/ pubg health pool?

In its current form armor is just extrahealth points to hit-point pool of the upper body hitbox. Instead it should be two or more separate additional hitboxes on the character model with caps in between. That way when you hit this plate hit box it calculates wether damage goes through to thorax hitbox behind it if penetration then player takes damage if not player doesn't take damage. However if you shoot around the plate hitbox and hit thorax hitbox only then player takes damage. That's the most realistic modeling one could make.

Now how hard for client and server side that would be I don't know. Usually games (like PUBG you mentioned) have opted to go for the extra healthpool do to it being technically easier and technically simplistic solution. My solution is more realistic and more simulation like.

AdhesiveTeflon
12 hours ago, Starioshka said:

What?

Vests are meant to stop 9mm and 45acp rounds as well as some shrapnel.  It says it right on the vest, like how it says it does not protect against sharp objects and punctures.  Like I said before, you're the only one here that expects armor to turn you into some bullet sponge.  Jesus, stick to one story.  One day you say armor should feel expensive and make you invincible, the other day you say armor doesn't even help again a pencil.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

Starioshka

@AdhesiveTeflon No i'm simply fair and state the factual truth with plenty of evidence instead of raging because i'm bad at the game.

In its current form armor is just extrahealth points to hit-point pool of the upper body hitbox. Instead it should be two or more separate additional hitboxes on the character model with caps in between. That way when you hit this plate hit box it calculates wether damage goes through to thorax hitbox behind it if penetration then player takes damage if not player doesn't take damage. However if you shoot around the plate hitbox and hit thorax hitbox only then player takes damage. That's the most realistic modeling one could make.

Legs, center, head.

We already have that, what you're asking for is more rng because you're bad at positioning yourself to hit legs or can't aim to hit the head.

Yeavo
3 hours ago, Starioshka said:

We already have that, what you're asking for is more rng because you're bad at positioning yourself to hit legs or can't aim to hit the head.

Why do you expect I have problems of aiming and taking down armored opponents? I don't. I want more realistic systems because they're more realistic.

People throw around terms like random number generator not really knowing their function in video games like they are a curse word. For me rng is fine when emulating the real world conditions and the seemingly random elements of the world. When rng is not fine is when i shoot someone in a game point blank in the face then the game decides for some reason that I made 1 damage point. When rng is not fine is when I hit someone in armor caps the game decides there is no penetration. Rng is fine when implemented well. Rng are not fine when implemented lazily.

More rng is fine when creates more realistic possibilities (and limitations) to go about your mission in EFT.

• Upvote 1

Starioshka
5 hours ago, Yeavo said:

People throw around terms like random number generator not really knowing their function in video games like they are a curse word. For me rng is fine when emulating the real world conditions and the seemingly random elements of the world. When rng is not fine is when i shoot someone in a game point blank in the face then the game decides for some reason that I made 1 damage point. When rng is not fine is when I hit someone in armor caps the game decides there is no penetration. Rng is fine when implemented well. Rng are not fine when implemented lazily.

I agree.

I want RNG completely removed from penetration and armor should protect 100% of it's class as long as it has ANY durability left in it. This way skill always is on top and no rng involved.

InsightKnight

Why people think pistol rated "bulletproof" glass is impenetrable to rounds over 2k FPS is beyond me? Tarkov players bring a whole new meaning to Tacticool. 🤣