OBLOfficial

Changes to Secure Containers

OBLOfficial

In the recent stream with Pestily and Nik, there were mentioned tests to change the secure containers where you can't put items back in while in raid. This means magboxes wouldn't be viable anymore, finding red keycard would mean having to haul ass to extract, no safety net for labs raids when you find a valuables as a full gear player etc. What is everyones thoughts on this? I think secure containers are perfectly fine as they are, with the exception that only EOD players get a gamma. There should be a system where non EOD players can at least eventually get a gamma container with some grinding.

xxmrstatxx

They can get a Kappa?

I agree though that they should not change the secure containers. Obviously mine is a crutch to me too. 

Devineus

secure containers should be removed all together

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

romulo_cardoso

That's a setting from the pre-wipe event and i think that just make the container useless. I think if we will still have ours containers it should be regulated as i've posted here: https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/102559-secure-container-use-delay/

otherwise, they should remove the container (and give some feature to the ones who bough expensive versions to get those larger containers).

CyanFlare

Sorry man. A scav snuck up on you and super glued your secure container closed.

mattywatty2012

Everyone can get every container, specifically the Gamma is unlocked after a certain Prapor quest close to the end of his quest line.

Secondly this has been talked about before and is by no means a new idea that has just been thrown up.

Usually the main points are that we should only be able to use keys during the raid in our secure container, keys and meds or lastly the way the Kappa container works (no weapons just certain items from raids including keys and meds etc). This is why people thought the Kappa container was a test of how secure containers were going to work going forward.

Personally I think that we should be able to use the secure container for all keys and meds; keys including keycards and other rare grinding items like the goshan and factory key that are required for tasks.

TAC_1

One of the main reasons people payed for the EOD version of the game would be for a bigger container size.....so refunds?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Shaktimaan

@TAC_1

Marcus Munitions : "NO REFUNDS!"

But on a serious note, yeah I think most EOD buyers bought upgraded that edition for the stash and the container.

But then again, there were "rumors" that 0.11 would be the last patch where EOD was going to be sold. I literally bought it out of fear mongering of those rumors as I was steadily upgrading the editions as and when I had the money to spare for it.

The only reason that I bought EOD was to compare it with the standard edition, and boy it's "p2w" for what it offers. The stash is like a villa and the container is pure amazing and pure over powered. I mean it's literally a permanent t-bag at the start of the wipe and it's better than the only non barter bag which is available right off the bat is the "tactical sling bag" which is available at Ragman.

It's the only edition that feels over powered for what it offers. The rest of the "climb" didn't feel all that great to be honest, but the boost you got after you reached EOD was insane.

You can call EOD an 12x XP multiplier which all those p2w mobile games out there have to offer. It's literally the exact same thing but it's carefully implemented to not cause any ruckus and to purely avoid the "p2w" tag.

I personally don't mind getting rid of the differences between the editions, but there will be a huge community outlash over that. For me, literally special skins instead of all that extra bonuses will do.

• Like 1

MrXT

Given that they advertised many of the game packages as having special containers there must be some legal issue here, you cant advertise a product as having something and then later removing it after someone has bought the product, laws in russia are irrelevant when selling internationally and laws in the EU and the US protect consumers from things like this. Most people only bought EOD edition for the gamma container so removing it is like rubbing s**t in the faces of those that spent the outrageous amount EFT asks for those packages.

• Like 1

stAKato

Keycards and keys should have their own slot that cannot be looted with keyring / keybar. In and out movements would be authorized. 

The setting of secure container need to be applied to the realistic phenomenon of the game itself in a detailed way.

The container  may drop down once player get killed in a raid,and can be found back by traders if the player pays some money.The finding may take 24-36hours. You can place things in or take things out from the container during the raid, but once you get killed,only the container and goods inside can be found back.

The container may also be a device in map,whose position is shown to the player when he/she joins a raid .Higher trader level leads to more precise range.  Things inside can be found back by the trader with fees. DE version gamers have more space in the device. 

fabrizzolla

I think change the Secure Containers only "benefits" hardcore/experienced players at all... it just make the experience for casuals even more frustrating.

I bought EoD because I`m an casual (two children, job, wife, dogs... social life) and have no more than 4 hour week do play it. Reach level 39 took me almost five months (Pestily reach 40 in 28 hours) and changes like this will only make my life (and the others) even more miserable on this game.

BattlEye is not 100% realiable and this extra risk will just make this game more frustrating... I think enough is enough in terms of making the majority player base experience (that are NOT hardcore) a nigthmare when you got broke.

But I have a suggestion: the game computes the registration date and played hours. 

Just make an simple math to rank the "Player Category" (casual, regular and hardcore) and set rules for Container usage based on this math... for example:

- "While casual you can put things in/out from the Container"

- "While regular you can put things in just between intervals of time... like allowed SCAV runs"

- "Hardcore can just put things in/out from Kappa"

Something like this will not penalize casual and new comers... lets make justice guys. Dont screw things...

Cheers

Edited by fabrizzolla
  • Like 1

PardTheTroll

@fabrizzolla In all respect, but this game was not meant to be another CoD or shooter for the casual crowd. If it is too much for you, why not just go play something else? Why limiting the experience for other players who actually backed this game, because of the hardcore aspect? What makes you more in the right to demand the game to be less hardcore than the people wanting the game to be exactly that?

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

fabrizzolla
11 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

@fabrizzolla In all respect, but this game was not meant to be another CoD or shooter for the casual crowd. If it is too much for you, why not just go play something else? Why limiting the experience for other players who actually backed this game, because of the hardcore aspect? What makes you more in the right to demand the game to be less hardcore than the people wanting the game be exactly that?

I`m not demanding the game to be "less hardcore" in any way. Dont get me wrong.

The game in actual stage is far far far away from being "another CoD". I can say that because I play FPS since 1991, starting from Doom on MS-DOS using serial-cables... 

I wrote to give an suggestion to make this game enjoyable for where the majority of the player base is, and it`s not even close to the hardcore. You guys should stop thinking that guys like me "want to destroy the experience for other players"... come on... 

Look at this way: change on the Sec Containers mechanics disallowing put things in for ever just throw in the thrash a substantial part of the what was sold (and people paid for) when choose EoD.

My suggestion ranking players by frequency and using it to change the Sac. Container mechanics are valid as far as I concerned. And it didn`t hurt in any way the hardcore players.

Its just add an chance to people to evolve in the game and reach the sky, as you guys already did several times.

Best  regards

Edited by fabrizzolla
  • Like 2

BeamX_XGun

Exit campers inbound more than allready pressent xD

BreezyON

iam a Casual player and i DONt want that stupid poo, iam Dying so much so iam glad that i have the Container, so i can exit the items i need -.-

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

MrXT
9 hours ago, PardTheTroll said:

@fabrizzolla In all respect, but this game was not meant to be another CoD or shooter for the casual crowd. If it is too much for you, why not just go play something else? Why limiting the experience for other players who actually backed this game, because of the hardcore aspect? What makes you more in the right to demand the game to be less hardcore than the people wanting the game to be exactly that?

It already is a hardcore game, theres no reason to keep making it harder and harder and there are more casual players here than there are hardcore ones you are the minority not the majority as you can see by the posts in this thread alone and if they want to keep the player base active they need to keep that in mind. If they take the hardcore part of the game too far it will kill the game. As far as im concerned the game as it is right now is as hardcore as it ever needs to be they just need to worry about balancing it right.

quango2k

Every change will have a cause and effect..

All this will do is make EVERYONE exit camp. it will be more profitable than doing a raid. 

If they want to do this...EVERYONE should start with a 6 cell secure box (no matter what version of game) which you should be able to put items in and out. By level 10-20 you get an upgrade to 9 cells but can only put in keys and money/valuables - NO MAGS. 

Or something along those lines. 

• Upvote 1

Perizzo

we are not all pro gammer godlike aim fast headshot poo... we, casual player need secure to continue playing. ... keep secure container ffs !

AshenCrow
On 9/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, TAC_1 said:

One of the main reasons people payed for the EOD version of the game would be for a bigger container size.....so refunds?

Read the description for EOD again. EOD players START with a Gamma and START with a larger stash and gain immediate access to the game prior to open access. More importantly, you are supporting the developers. If you misunderstood, it seems that's your problem.

In general in this thread too many people are making assumptions not knowing at all what will happen. Give it a try before completely condemning it. Having come from games like Arma 3 and DayZ where there is no way to secure gear I can tell you that this only enhances the risk/reward feeling of the game, even from a mediocre player like myself.

CrackHDown
22 hours ago, fabrizzolla said:

I`m not demanding the game to be "less hardcore" in any way. Dont get me wrong.

The game in actual stage is far far far away from being "another CoD". I can say that because I play FPS since 1991, starting from Doom on MS-DOS using serial-cables... 

I wrote to give an suggestion to make this game enjoyable for where the majority of the player base is, and it`s not even close to the hardcore. You guys should stop thinking that guys like me "want to destroy the experience for other players"... come on... 

Look at this way: change on the Sec Containers mechanics disallowing put things in for ever just throw in the thrash a substantial part of the what was sold (and people paid for) when choose EoD.

My suggestion ranking players by frequency and using it to change the Sac. Container mechanics are valid as far as I concerned. And it didn`t hurt in any way the hardcore players.

Its just add an chance to people to evolve in the game and reach the sky, as you guys already did several times.

Best  regards

majority of the player base wants is irrelevant.  The goal has always been to cater to the small crowd, the ones who want the single best experience a hardcore shooter can by. Complete forgiveness. If it was up to me, id do away with insurance and the case all together. Both are crutches that the weak need, and Tarkov is no place for the weak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Perizzo
1 hour ago, AshenCrow said:

Read the description for EOD again. EOD players START with a Gamma and START with a larger stash and gain immediate access to the game prior to open access. More importantly, you are supporting the developers. If you misunderstood, it seems that's your problem.

In general in this thread too many people are making assumptions not knowing at all what will happen. Give it a try before completely condemning it. Having come from games like Arma 3 and DayZ where there is no way to secure gear I can tell you that this only enhances the risk/reward feeling of the game, even from a mediocre player like myself.

arma 3 (epoch, exile, etc) , dayz, ... is okay with no secure ... cuz of map size lol !

alexkane

arma 3 (epoch, exile, etc) , dayz, ... is okay with no secure ... cuz of map size lol !

and arma has no task/quest system to leave a raid with items which you need to complete task.

Perizzo
17 minutes ago, alexkane said:

and arma has no task/quest system to leave a raid with items which you need to complete task.

+1

ShyBurrito

They should limit what can be put into containers like they do with kappa, but not remove the ability to put stuff in them entirely while in raid. People complain about hatchlings booking it to the good loot spots and grabbing everything up and stuffing it in their safe containers, but let's be honest here what's the first thing you do when you find that quest item/bitcoin/rolex watch? You don't put it in your pocket no matter how geared up you are, do you? Of course not. They should make it so no guns, mags, helmets, etc can be put in the safe container but keys, meds, and barter items can. If that still isn't enough, maybe give it a delay time so you can only put stuff into your container every 30 seconds or so, that way people will have to think if it's worth stuffing the stack of roubles they just found in their safe container right away or if they might find some better loot in a second. Or even limit which barter items can be put in there, allow all the physical quest items like gold chains and stuff to be put in it, but make the really rare and expensive stuff like bitcoins, rolex watches, and tetriz unable to go into the container so you have to actually get out with those. 

• Sad 2