OBLOfficial

Changes to Secure Containers

TechoverMana
7 hours ago, ryudraco said:

if that's what you're going for then forget painkillers, if you're for example: if your leg is shot out it doesn't matter what you do you better be limping to either your death or the EXFIL.

I completely agree and think painkillers shouldn't do anything more than maybe clear up your screen of some blurriness, and take 20-30 seconds in game to start taking effect instead of close to instantly, instantly should be more for morphine or other autoinjectors. Pills should have a noticeable delay before they start working.

7 hours ago, ryudraco said:

its also supposed to be a game that players play for fun, right?

Yes, and in this case, the fun is coming from how realistic you could the firefights in the game as well as those consequences, similar to when I've played other simulators, the fun is partially due to how realistic they can try to make it.

7 hours ago, opiat3 said:

You will still have the container, you just wont be able to put anything inside during the raid

Which sort of defeats the purpose of the container in the first place, especially the larger ones, since a big part of them was specifically as an anti-frustration mechanic for newer or less talented players.

Then again, I say go all the way and get rid of containers entirely if that's what it comes down to, or keep them as is. This 'no magic pocket, except for keys and meds' is just a worst of both worlds to me. Either go the full realism route and delete containers, or just accept that people have magic prison wallets and a set amount of space they can 'safely' keep inside them.

DarkBR8

the changes to containers are just stupid.

• Upvote 1

intensedeer

I think the way containers are right now is fine. Only people that are happy about this possible change are the big streamers as you can tell if you watched that video and the hardcore players that think this "game" should be like real life. For them they play the game nonstop and get a lot of money and high level fast. These streamers can get level 40 in under a week. I played for 3 months and got to level 31 or 32 with maybe around 2.2 mil before a wipe came. And this was when you could go in labs without a key card or whatever. So making money was easier back then. I honestly have no idea why anyone would want this change beside making the game more like real life.  It is already pretty hard to earn money even with having a gamma it still takes time to be able to get good gear. I planned on coming back to the game with .12 comes out but after hearing of the container change I am not so sure anymore. If this does happen people that paid for EOD including myself will more than likely be upset and possibly stop playing the game as its just not a game worth to be played anymore. Not to mention the gamma will be basically useless. Only reason I got EOD is because of the gamma. When I got broke, I could go do some runs on labs. Make some money then go back to buying good gear. If this happens once you go broke it will be very hard to get yourself back on your feet again. Your going to have the players that have good gear that keep killing the players that don't have money to get anything good and its just going to keep repeating. I saw where someone said they came from arma and dayz and those games don't have anything to save your gear. I came from those games as well and it is so much easier to get guns and money in those games. In under 10 mins you can have a full load out so losing it isn't as bad. At least for arma you can. Dayz is the same might take under a hour. Also armor in those games don't really have any affect. A person with a pistol and kill someone with the best vest in the game with a few shots. As well all know armor in this game is very important when trying to kill someone for their gear.  I could go on all day about why this change is such a bad idea. I don't see any upside in doing this, it only hurts peoples enjoyment of the game. Please don't change the containers. There doesn't need to be any of this "oh you can only put certain items in". All that is just stupid. This is a game made to have fun, to have fun you need money, in order to make money you need to be able to put items in your container. Don't take away the fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

TarkovCitizen77621

The only problem i really have with secure containers is that high level player ie hardcore players or streamers and such have a huge advantage over casual and low level players with them.  Ironically the peaple that want them gone abuse them the most. Sure jump into a raid with a melee weapons grab some loot 3x3 worth fine thats fair its not alot of loot and the games still hardcore. But whats fair and hardcore about a high level player throwing a mag box 3x2 into their 3x3 container and gaining 6x6 storage space that lets u carry enough mags and ammo to start a civil war and also break ur guys back. Stopping peaple from placing items in them but still allowing u to take out mid raid is just stupid.... Secure containers aint a problem. What u can put in them is 

Scholar

No secure containers are a problem..they should be locked only...see the thread "ideas, especially D, the skeleton key" in general forums

Happy Endings Reaction GIF by HyperX

• Sad 4

Saltedgato

So what’s the point for EOD players paying over $100 for the game IF the gamma containers become useless? This stupid move will definitely cause crisis of confidence and finally destroy the base of game.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

PardTheTroll
vor 28 Minuten schrieb Saltedgato:

So what’s the point for EOD players paying over $100 for the game IF the gamma containers become useless? 

propreder.PNG

And support the development of course. Need more?

P.S. For people who didn't know, everything besides the unique ID (useless) and DLCs, is (will be) obtainable through normal gameplay. 

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

dskpnk

Those containers need a nerf, some of the container are bigger than T2 backpack, and in 80% of the case, you will win a pvp fight and just get frustrated because you will loot only matches or apple juices... Even worst, you win a PVP and use your meds, then you have no meds in return cause the fully kited guy you just killed hides all his meds in this secured containers.

EOD have a ducking hudge stash + starting money + dlc + unique names + and can be proud to suport the devs. Just the stash and money start can be considered as a paid to win (start after wipe, stocks tons of important ammo with you EOD money and your crazy stash size then be rich with the flea market) but those containers, for me, are totally ruining fun. Dying is frustrating in any case, but if you get frustrated even when wining, it really problematic...

Edited by dskpnk

BlackHulk

I think the change will decrease hatchet runs.

desolatexone
On 9/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, PardTheTroll said:

@fabrizzolla In all respect, but this game was not meant to be another CoD or shooter for the casual crowd. If it is too much for you, why not just go play something else? Why limiting the experience for other players who actually backed this game, because of the hardcore aspect? What makes you more in the right to demand the game to be less hardcore than the people wanting the game to be exactly that?

If that's the case, remove the secure containers, redo the helmet damage where ALL helmets block only up to a 9x19 (because IRL no helmet except an altyn will stop a 556, and nothing will stop a 762) make it so a fractured limb is unusable, painkillers take 4 hours to kick in, etc. and drop the carry limit to 100 lbs max.  

the argument is absurd. a truely realistic game would not be fun. While it is a hyper realistic game, there are points to where too much realism will, for  a fact ruin a game. 

The secure containers for a lot of casual players are a lifeline in  a completely unforgiving game. When your stash is empty AF thats your bread maker. Taking it away will alienate a lot of casual players, and please a VERY select group of hard-core, typically top end streamers.

Saint_Ajora

If the container change is permanent it is going to hurt the game long term. No matter what you do there will ALWAYS be people that go in 0 risk. Instead of crying about how you can't find the loot, why can't you be grateful that others are doing the farming for you? You don't have to spend literal days or weeks looking for 1 red keycard someone did it for you. oh look you want 15 bit coins (for w/e reason) look there they are on the Flea Market waiting for you. If the Therapist were selling the Red Keycard for 25 million, NOBODY would complain; but because it's going to another player people its a huge problem. Y'all are just plain stupid.

Edited by Saint_Ajora
Typo

HijackDallas

Why do you want a Red Keycard? There´s no reason, beside of loot you can be obtain via other Raids in Interchange (IDEA) or Shoreline (Ressort). It´s not even a quest involved with a Red Keycard.

The only thing you get is a huge mass of rubel if you sell it on the fleamarket.

Shishrr

There's an important part people don't discuss enough with out secured container. It is the Keys, unless the key spawn rate is increased like 1000% most people cannot collect a set of commonly use keys ex(Marked room, Factory, quest keys, extraction keys)  on your key tool. I know some people wanna be hardcore and stuff but even you have 40% survival rate it is still not worthy to collect all keys and people can no longer access a lot of parts and game mechanic. If you grind for hours and obtain an factory keys you might just lost it in a game or two. Keys will be valuable because no one can keep it in long run. Key will lose it's value because you spend 300k for factory key but the gain and lose risk is not worth the current price(You might only use once and most likely you cannot get 300k out of a factory raid). Combine both i feel like keys will no longer relevant in no secured container meta. Majority of players will be locked behind those doors and Map like factory will be heaven for exit camper. Because EVERYONE  have to go through the only extract Gate 3. Every players who's in the Factory raid is just the hoarding salves for the first gate 3 campers. Without container they should add a key slot or the current extraction, quest door will be a joke. I don't know about "Hardcore player" but if you can't even open the basic quest door or you die in the basic questline you need to grind another keys it's just punishing and grinding. Hardcore experience does not meant to be a grinding experience. People with only 1 hr play time a day might not even unlock vendor at all and lose interest. And at the end the "Real Hardcore Player" should sign up for once you die your account will be deleted because it's more hardcore and realistic or at least to reset your quest and skills to LV 1 and start another grind cycle for basic quest line and common door keys. 

Good Luck key hunting 

rbreece

Secure containers definitely need to be rebalanced, the ability to enter raids and leave with 400k worth of items that is protected no matter what happens is just stupid. Meds, Loose ammo, Keys/Keytool, Docs case, and quest items are really the only things you should be allowed to take in the secure containers. And @ShyBurrito, theres a huge difference between shoving a bitcoin in your container(140-180K)vs shoving a ledx, virtex, cat, and fuel conditioner in there(1.5m rubles). Its been a problem for awhile now and it needs to be changed. I personally used to run labs back when it was a free map with my gamma, Packing that bad girl with injectors and opthamaloscopes used to net me 600-800K per game. Id have 5mil rubles in about an hour, maybe less. Even with keycards on labs now, you can still make tons of money by spam running for virtexs, ledx, graphics cards, etc. Easiest way to fix it is to make containers not usuable in raid, only the items  you entered raid with can be returned to the container after being removed or used. Will it piss of alot of people, sure, but the gamma still has far more usefulness being a 9x9 so EOD users dont really have much room to complain, except losing the ability to make millions with very very little effort involved, and thats the sole reason they dont want the containers changed. 

i0r_

changes to the containers are bull. Keep them as they were. I don't give a crap about what big boi streamers or the "true hardcore Tarkov"-gamers think. I want  to be able to put stuff in my Gamma container during raid, because if I can't the whole point of it is useless.

I could agree to adding an animation for it, like 8 seconds to open it, 8 seconds to close it. Maybe faster to open if you have maxed out the search skill. And opening and closing it repeatedly would not help you level the skill.

Edited by i0r_
I'm an idiot. :D

Agent_Ice

It should be left alone or removed completely.  If it is removed completely, IMO a complete refund should be offered.  So far with this event I have been extract camping because I can sit in a spot and read a book and wait to hear people and mow them down and take their stuff.  The loot comes walking to me and I can be lazy.  I will not play a game in a way that makes it harder for me.  As for all the bellyaching.  If you get killed by a unarmored guy with a gun in his case you deserve to die.  You should have killed him.  Get better at the game.

The changes benefit the really decent players and offer lesser skilled and new players no way to make money if they lose it from dieing in raid.  I spend so much time helping poor and new players rebuild their bank, even with the containers as they are.  It makes the game more about killing and taking gear than the little things in the map.  Why go look for small lootables when someone (like me) can camp you out and kill you leaving a loot spot or when trying to extract.  

People complain that a hatchet runner is magically faster than everyone.  You can do it too if you are worried about getting small loot?  I don't see how that isn't fair.  GO geared for fighting stuff, go lighter if you want to grab stuff and go.  Maybe randomize spawn locations for the good stuff so people have a reason to stick around and explore a bit.  Anyway, my two cents.  Back to camping extract.

DARK3063

These changes to the secure containers will ruin the game. Unless the entire quest system has been completely reworked the abuse of containers will only change to post apocalyptic levels of camping. Absolutely everyone is going to know where players are going to go. So this is going to make ambushing way to easy to the game. Remember how big of a shitstorm the mosin was when they just put it in? Think of just how much of a shitstorm will be raised when everyone is lining up perfect headshots in a bush on that poor newb thats just as he opens that truck door. People will stop encouraging their friends to by the game, less people will upgrade from starter to eod. Less people will buy the game and the player count will drop from the frustration. If you thought adding voice chat would make the game as toxic as rust just wait till this secure container change became a feature. Its nice and quiet now, because everyone has their quests done. The effect this change will have would be worse then if you kept the raider scavs replacing the normal scavs. Do you honestly think anyone is going to bring a single scrap of gear into a raid when their looking for rare key spawns now, when a 5 man with scoped mosins and sks are just camping the entire area just waiting for you to walk buy? Hatchetling runs will only get worse from this. Welcome to space mexico.

space mexico.png

III_TUdor

This is a horrible idea, I get that some people want a hard core uber super game... then why don't you join the army ? nothing is more hard core then that, run like a mad man all day long...and when you get shot in the head its game over,no more retries (this should be implemented in the game as well if you want the uber real experience, you get one account and when you die its game over, you can't play anymore on that account just like in real life) sound fun right ? This on the other hand is a video game (definition for a game "an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun." some of you might wanna jot that down). But but but... the game originally was supposed to be that...you are saying that like the game is set in stone (and I love the double standard, like you have no problem in dismissing people who complain about this change but you cry when someone touches the hard core aspect of the game aka "what the game was supposed to be"). If someone invest money in a thing they get a say in what that thing becomes... and arguments like "go play something else if you don't like it" is at best a childish, it's no one's business what I do and play. ps If you didn't like my opinion then guess what ? I don't like yours either : )) 

Edited by III_TUdor

d10sk0ur01

This is true.. everything but also behavior changes. But completely wrong as other "fear mongering" here and there .. like above few post above.
The thing is : ADD MULTIPLE EXITS to a map and the POTENTIAL issue is solved. Ppl will nade\flash before exiting any way or smoke... as military tactics teach.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:27 AM, quango2k said:

Every change will have a cause and effect..

All this will do is make EVERYONE exit camp. it will be more profitable than doing a raid. 

If they want to do this...EVERYONE should start with a 6 cell secure box (no matter what version of game) which you should be able to put items in and out. By level 10-20 you get an upgrade to 9 cells but can only put in keys and money/valuables - NO MAGS. 

Or something along those lines. 

I sincerely am scared of fear mongers here and there that react like they ate 10 chili peppers, rolling in pain.
If this game is played by mature players Removing SAFE containers cheesy arcade-ish thing, adding Contextual voip will not change ANYTHING. It will just be more hardcore and respectful of the game core concept. I will actually buy the game. Now I do not buy because I see the game wants to be Casual.. and I dnt need that, it's filled with games like that...

I agree that containers should be removed all together. And regarding the  EOD buyers (upgraders) they should just have DLC as a reward (that they will get) that is enough.

And then more...

There's an important part people don't discuss enough with out secured container. It is the Keys, unless the key spawn rate is increased like 1000% most people cannot collect a set of commonly use keys ex(Marked room, Factory, quest keys, extraction keys)  on your key tool. I know some people wanna be hardcore and stuff but even you have 40% survival rate it is still not worthy to collect all keys and people can no longer access a lot of parts and game mechanic. If you grind for hours and obtain an factory keys you might just lost it in a game or two. Keys will be valuable because no one can keep it in long run. Key will lose it's value because you spend 300k for factory key but the gain and lose risk is not worth the current price(You might only use once and most likely you cannot get 300k out of a factory raid). Combine both i feel like keys will no longer relevant in no secured container meta. Majority of players will be locked behind those doors and Map like factory will be heaven for exit camper. Because EVERYONE  have to go through the only extract Gate 3. Every players who's in the Factory raid is just the hoarding salves for the first gate 3 campers. Without container they should add a key slot or the current extraction, quest door will be a joke. I don't know about "Hardcore player" but if you can't even open the basic quest door or you die in the basic questline you need to grind another keys it's just punishing and grinding. Hardcore experience does not meant to be a grinding experience. People with only 1 hr play time a day might not even unlock vendor at all and lose interest. And at the end the "Real Hardcore Player" should sign up for once you die your account will be deleted because it's more hardcore and realistic or at least to reset your quest and skills to LV 1 and start another grind cycle for basic quest line and common door keys. 

Good Luck key hunting 

Actually not true... these "stories" of what will happen are ONe sided and remove hypercomplexity of Human behavior and of a game. GAME IS HYPER COMPLEX if includes REAL time or turn based MULTIPLAYING  reality. You speak like the game was only singleplayer. IF players need to face harder risks or don t have a key will face that challenge in group and try to group with people that have the key... will look for friends. Not play the session alone. There are tons of way that keep the experience soft. If risk are high, put the risk on different buckets.
Buckets with the key in the backpack will be "VIP" protected by the other PMC...

Do i have too much imagination or actually people lack imagination... i believe the latter is true.

Edited by d10sk0ur01

quango2k

You are assuming people play the game as intended. They do not. There are still cheats and hackers. Losing expensive keys to a player that earnt it in combat is fair, losing them to a cheat...different story. 

sYs
On 9/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, Saltedgato said:

So what’s the point for EOD players paying over $100 for the game IF the gamma containers become useless? This stupid move will definitely cause crisis of confidence and finally destroy the base of game.

You support the game. You don't buy that for rewards. 

This is one of the reasons i disliked the BSG move. EOD should have been removed in 2016 December but instead we can still buy it and they made the situation in game as such that people were kinda forced to upgrade packages for the inventory size. 

Edited by sYs

JacksonBarret
On 9/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, Saltedgato said:

EOD or Edge of Darkness is a supporter pack for the game.
The expensive nature of the pack is to support the game development.This was also your ticket to Alpha back in 2016.We who bought it had instant access to Alpha.
With the EOD you receive many awards including all of the items from previous packages.

EOD was supposed to be removed because it was a limited offer but the devs had a change of heart because it brings them decent income.Thus it stayed for purchase longer.

EOD is not ment to be bought for the items but for the support.Buying this you support the devs and in return you get a big stash size and some items that you could get any time in the game.
If you support the devs,like the game,EOD is for you,if not a standard edition is to go.

sYs
On 9/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, OBLOfficial said:

In the recent stream with Pestily and Nik, there were mentioned tests to change the secure containers where you can't put items back in while in raid. This means magboxes wouldn't be viable anymore, finding red keycard would mean having to haul ass to extract, no safety net for labs raids when you find a valuables as a full gear player etc. What is everyones thoughts on this? I think secure containers are perfectly fine as they are, with the exception that only EOD players get a gamma. There should be a system where non EOD players can at least eventually get a gamma container with some grinding.

You will be able to get container that EOD has with same size but it will only look visually different. 

stAKato

The secured container stays as it is now. 

BSG implement secured packs :

1x1, 2x1, 2x2 & 2x3 GPS tracked bags that are sold by traders and automatically insured by them. (cannot be fold, cannot 

You can pack small items (barter, parts, money, keys, ammo, pistols) in these and throw them away, they're automatically insured since they stay in these bags. 

You'll find them back the same way insured items do. 

Its between balance, lore friendly, realism and gameplay. 

Jimmy50

Much has alredy been said and, as far as I'm regarded, I think that secure containers should stay the way they are.
Yes, I die a lot in Tarkov and that's fine, what would not be fine would be to finally find that morphine you really need for the quest, or that damn hose for the hideout, and die without being able to extract it. The game would become incredibly frustrating and in time you'll find this game populated by a minority of people that play all day, while casual and regular players will slowly leave.
This game is alredy hardcore, there's no need to make it impossible to play for the average joe

Edited by Jimmy50
grammar