OBLOfficial

Changes to Secure Containers

TechoverMana
7 hours ago, ryudraco said:

if that's what you're going for then forget painkillers, if you're for example: if your leg is shot out it doesn't matter what you do you better be limping to either your death or the EXFIL.

I completely agree and think painkillers shouldn't do anything more than maybe clear up your screen of some blurriness, and take 20-30 seconds in game to start taking effect instead of close to instantly, instantly should be more for morphine or other autoinjectors. Pills should have a noticeable delay before they start working.

7 hours ago, ryudraco said:

its also supposed to be a game that players play for fun, right?

Yes, and in this case, the fun is coming from how realistic you could the firefights in the game as well as those consequences, similar to when I've played other simulators, the fun is partially due to how realistic they can try to make it.

7 hours ago, opiat3 said:

You will still have the container, you just wont be able to put anything inside during the raid

Which sort of defeats the purpose of the container in the first place, especially the larger ones, since a big part of them was specifically as an anti-frustration mechanic for newer or less talented players.

Then again, I say go all the way and get rid of containers entirely if that's what it comes down to, or keep them as is. This 'no magic pocket, except for keys and meds' is just a worst of both worlds to me. Either go the full realism route and delete containers, or just accept that people have magic prison wallets and a set amount of space they can 'safely' keep inside them.

DarkBR8

the changes to containers are just stupid.

intensedeer

I think the way containers are right now is fine. Only people that are happy about this possible change are the big streamers as you can tell if you watched that video and the hardcore players that think this "game" should be like real life. For them they play the game nonstop and get a lot of money and high level fast. These streamers can get level 40 in under a week. I played for 3 months and got to level 31 or 32 with maybe around 2.2 mil before a wipe came. And this was when you could go in labs without a key card or whatever. So making money was easier back then. I honestly have no idea why anyone would want this change beside making the game more like real life.  It is already pretty hard to earn money even with having a gamma it still takes time to be able to get good gear. I planned on coming back to the game with .12 comes out but after hearing of the container change I am not so sure anymore. If this does happen people that paid for EOD including myself will more than likely be upset and possibly stop playing the game as its just not a game worth to be played anymore. Not to mention the gamma will be basically useless. Only reason I got EOD is because of the gamma. When I got broke, I could go do some runs on labs. Make some money then go back to buying good gear. If this happens once you go broke it will be very hard to get yourself back on your feet again. Your going to have the players that have good gear that keep killing the players that don't have money to get anything good and its just going to keep repeating. I saw where someone said they came from arma and dayz and those games don't have anything to save your gear. I came from those games as well and it is so much easier to get guns and money in those games. In under 10 mins you can have a full load out so losing it isn't as bad. At least for arma you can. Dayz is the same might take under a hour. Also armor in those games don't really have any affect. A person with a pistol and kill someone with the best vest in the game with a few shots. As well all know armor in this game is very important when trying to kill someone for their gear.  I could go on all day about why this change is such a bad idea. I don't see any upside in doing this, it only hurts peoples enjoyment of the game. Please don't change the containers. There doesn't need to be any of this "oh you can only put certain items in". All that is just stupid. This is a game made to have fun, to have fun you need money, in order to make money you need to be able to put items in your container. Don't take away the fun.

• Sad 1

TarkovCitizen77621

The only problem i really have with secure containers is that high level player ie hardcore players or streamers and such have a huge advantage over casual and low level players with them.  Ironically the peaple that want them gone abuse them the most. Sure jump into a raid with a melee weapons grab some loot 3x3 worth fine thats fair its not alot of loot and the games still hardcore. But whats fair and hardcore about a high level player throwing a mag box 3x2 into their 3x3 container and gaining 6x6 storage space that lets u carry enough mags and ammo to start a civil war and also break ur guys back. Stopping peaple from placing items in them but still allowing u to take out mid raid is just stupid.... Secure containers aint a problem. What u can put in them is 

Scholar

No secure containers are a problem..they should be locked only...see the thread "ideas, especially D, the skeleton key" in general forums

Happy Endings Reaction GIF by HyperX

Saltedgato

So what’s the point for EOD players paying over $100 for the game IF the gamma containers become useless? This stupid move will definitely cause crisis of confidence and finally destroy the base of game.

• Sad 1

PardTheTroll
vor 28 Minuten schrieb Saltedgato:

So what’s the point for EOD players paying over $100 for the game IF the gamma containers become useless? 

propreder.PNG

And support the development of course. Need more?

P.S. For people who didn't know, everything besides the unique ID (useless) and DLCs, is (will be) obtainable through normal gameplay. 

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 1

dskpnk

Those containers need a nerf, some of the container are bigger than T2 backpack, and in 80% of the case, you will win a pvp fight and just get frustrated because you will loot only matches or apple juices... Even worst, you win a PVP and use your meds, then you have no meds in return cause the fully kited guy you just killed hides all his meds in this secured containers.

EOD have a ducking hudge stash + starting money + dlc + unique names + and can be proud to suport the devs. Just the stash and money start can be considered as a paid to win (start after wipe, stocks tons of important ammo with you EOD money and your crazy stash size then be rich with the flea market) but those containers, for me, are totally ruining fun. Dying is frustrating in any case, but if you get frustrated even when wining, it really problematic...

Edited by dskpnk