Jump to content
romulo_cardoso

Secure Container Use Delay

Recommended Posts

romulo_cardoso

Just a simple suggestion that would help both players trying to get specific items and who want's to complete quests also making the game more challenging.

If you put an item in the container or use an item from it there would be a 10 seconds timer (to unlock the box, take the item and lock it again). That would make, for example, people stop riskying their lifes to get a Ledex and some naked hatched boy just took it right into his container, you can kill him but you lost the item and probably will be killed staying in the center of the map.

Also, it would be interesting have to wait the same time to open doors by a key inside your container (as a penalty), i really get sad when i kill someone opening a door and find no key in his pockets, i think i'm not the only one.

Please. Coment and fill this idea with yours. Sorry my bad english, i'm writting this very fast and don't have a google translate to help me out right now.
See'ya in tarkov!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devineus

None of that bull-Feces, just NO secure containers. Period. 

  • Cold 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
romulo_cardoso
3 hours ago, Devineus said:

None of that bull-Feces, just NO secure containers. Period. 

Would you delete your gamma to tell us how good that is?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxpunnisherzz
20 hours ago, Devineus said:

None of that bull-Feces, just NO secure containers. Period. 

They literally advertise their game with "secure containers" how would they go about removing them? 

"Unique secure alpha-container (3x3)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jorgent

I think this sounds like a good idea. As a player that struggle to keep 20% extraction rate, the gamma container is at good help. without it i would probably stop playing this game.
But i would admit, it need some work done. A time penalty would work nice, and also remove the possibility to fill it with rigs and weapons. only loot, most importantly items you are needed for quests.
But im open for the thing they will test for the wipe event. when they are going to make it impossible to fill it during raid(correct me if im wrong here). So i guess we have to wait and see how it works..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niewiarygodny
18 hours ago, romulo_cardoso said:

Would you delete your gamma to tell us how good that is?

Harder for sure. After clearing my account (giving away all my items, cash, etc, including SC (epsilon, gamma) which i bought/obtain via quests) i had no SC at all for around 20-30 raids or more. 
It was a bit more intresting cause i was forced to think if i wanna engage with another enemy or run, i wanna take a risk or no.
But for sure it's doable. If i would have there only meds/ammo it would be even easier. Just to make it clear, in those 20-30 raids i didnt bother looting any keys or even checking them cause i didnt need any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
romulo_cardoso
2 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Harder for sure. After clearing my account (giving away all my items, cash, etc, including SC (epsilon, gamma) which i bought/obtain via quests) i had no SC at all for around 20-30 raids or more. 
It was a bit more intresting cause i was forced to think if i wanna engage with another enemy or run, i wanna take a risk or no.
But for sure it's doable. If i would have there only meds/ammo it would be even easier. Just to make it clear, in those 20-30 raids i didnt bother looting any keys or even checking them cause i didnt need any.

Play without a container would be interesting for sure! It makes the game more challenging and tactical. Another idea that would merge the "no container" idea with the "delay" one is:

                     To add/remove an item from inside a container you need to unlock/locl it. That unlock/lock process would least 7 to 10 seconds and if you get caught with your container unlocked, them you lost everything inside it. That would certainly make people think twice, would solve some problems with "hatchlings" (like in labs with ledex), would add some realism and, mostly, more tension because you will get in a raid with the truth that you can lost everything.

For me, the most difficult point in get rid of the containers are the quest itens. Loose quest itens everytime would be frustating and could make people stop playing and we DEFINITELY DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!! But sure, tarkov isn't a conventional shooter and we need to respect his theme and difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana
On 9/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, romulo_cardoso said:

Would you delete your gamma to tell us how good that is?

I spent a fair amount of time effectively without a gamma container, since all I had in it was T-bags back in the early days when you could level up strength by just being overweight and running around. Just lots of T-bags, meaning the container was pointless for the lucky bitcoin find or whatever, if I died, any good loot disappeared with it. Did the John Wick thing when the silenced TT was viable. And there were plenty of very frustrating deaths, losing bitcoins and gold chains, ect.

But even with that, it was completely doable, could rack up cash and gear picking off scavs and the occasional PMC. Definetly had more successes than losses, enough to cover and slowly grow the stash out.  It'd be harder to do now with how some of the ballistics and damage changes, but it'd still be very doable. Biggest thing would just be quests, especially if certain keys are needed for completion, but hey, people don't want people running around in high end gear apparently, so this seems like a non-issue to me if those quests start taking much, much longer since any random death means you lost the keys along with it.

So yeah. Go for it, nuke the containers. I'm also fine with force prone on broken legs, no sprinting on broken or blacked leg, painkillers not doing squat beyond maybe clearing up your screen, broken arm means either no primary or wildly inaccurate since you're doing it with one arm, and no hp regen with meds, uncontrollable bleeds requiring torniquites. IFAKS/Cars, whatever, all they are is just like having a bandage you can use 10-15 times. Nothing beyond level 3 helmets and level 2 faceshields either. I'd be down with a very serious dose of realism, get back to the original promise of "No fiction" in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ctucker

This would prevent sprinting to high loot areas and stuffing your secure container. It would force players to stand still while they opened their container or grab the item and run to cover to put it in. I like the idea but I believe Nikita said this was planned a while back (even before shoreline was released).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana
1 hour ago, Ctucker said:

I believe Nikita said this was planned a while back

Nikita also said the game would be uncompromisingly realistic with no fiction, yet it's all over the place between the helmets, regeneration stims, regeneration meds, sprinting on broken legs, helmets and face-shields stopping multiple rifle rounds, ect. I wouldn't take it too strongly, since anything said is easily undone by just saying something new in response to demands or outcries, which is mostly how the 'realism' of things got trounced when the 'balance' meme took hold in some sections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dimittri
On 9/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, romulo_cardoso said:

Just a simple suggestion that would help both players trying to get specific items and who want's to complete quests also making the game more challenging.

If you put an item in the container or use an item from it there would be a 10 seconds timer (to unlock the box, take the item and lock it again). That would make, for example, people stop riskying their lifes to get a Ledex and some naked hatched boy just took it right into his container, you can kill him but you lost the item and probably will be killed staying in the center of the map.

Also, it would be interesting have to wait the same time to open doors by a key inside your container (as a penalty), i really get sad when i kill someone opening a door and find no key in his pockets, i think i'm not the only one.

Please. Coment and fill this idea with yours. Sorry my bad english, i'm writting this very fast and don't have a google translate to help me out right now.
See'ya in tarkov!

It's good to see people from our community bringing such topic about this matter. Congrats! I loved your idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2