alienturd

Are South African servers coming?

alienturd

As a South African who has been playing Escape from Tarkov for about 2 and a half years now I can honestly say it is not impossible however extremely difficult and unfair trying to compete with other players that have better ping. It is unfair and South African players should be taken into consideration after spending a substantial amount to enjoy the game. We have been teased with the thought and idea of South African servers being a possibility in the past before from different posts as well as most recently a Instagram post supporting the idea that it is happening however this was on the 31 of July. Since the post I have emailed and asked on any updates or if South African servers were actually being taken into consideration at all and was met with a very rushed and unhelpful response claiming that there are plans to increase servers around the world. This does not answer my question, South African servers have been "taken into consideration" for years now but we have yet to hear of a verdict, what is the problem? Are we uncertain of the player base in South Africa? Well then hold a pole, do something to make a verdict. What problems do we face implementing South African servers? Can we talk and discuss these things? South Africans have been left in the dark for too long, we spend the same amount of money and love the game as much as players on other servers, we should be taken into consideration and should not just be forgotten about by saying "it has been taken into consideration". Please can we have some sort of discussion or decision on this matter instead of suggestive posts and no actual communication. 

2019-09-03 01_09_57-Window.png

2019-09-03 01_23_45-Matching configuration.png

• Like 2

MR_DRUNK

I agree It sucks playing on servers with 180 ms ping the game feels slow and we have difficulty's thanks to this when we try jumping, moving stuff in inventory and even keep disconnecting to server in gun fights.