Cyver

Status Update #4

Cyver

Hello, tarkovians!

Let it be status update #4!
As it was mentioned on Pestily's podcast - almost everything is done. And right now we are working on:

• connecting all of the completed features together (some of the features were made in separate branches, now we are merging them all together and fixing related bugs)
  • performing general internal testing to ensure that the patch will be playable without major issues (also fixing bugs that pop up along the way)
  • applying additional optimizations and fixing late call performance issues
  • rezerv base map polishing and additional optimizations, loot points, allocating keys. Also making some needed changes and fixes to the old locations
  • integrating hideout (the most time consuming task right now)
  • preparing back-end and game servers for high-load right after patch upload

In the last two weeks, above everything completed, we added more content (new gear, helmets etc), finished texture streaming to reduce RAM usage, added minefields and sniperzones as location restricting factors, completed train exfil and new exfil which requires a friendly scav to escape with and many many other tasks, minor features and QoL improvements.

We will try to come to some patch release date that we can announce to you. It's not much left to complete! Therefore, if luck will be with us, the update will be closer than you think!

Thank you for everything!

BSG devteam.

Translations

• German translation of this news can be found here. Thanks to our German Moderator @ningamertendo!
  • French translation of this news can be found here. Thanks to our French Emissary @titi4600!
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 7
  • Hot 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

HypeGuy

Giggidy Giggidy Alright!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 1

RACWAR
8 minutes ago, Cyver said:

and new exfil which requires a friendly scav to escape with

Well that sounds interesting. So there's like a freindly AI scav somewhere that's non- hostile? And if you kill him anyway you can't use that extract? :begreat:

quango2k

AWWW yeah! 

Please ignore the haters..take all the time you need! Could really do without the whining brigade posting their crying posts..you all know who you are ;)

• Like 3

Vin_

ok, see ya in October.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

HappyCamper

Awesome! Keep up the amazing work guys! The game is getting better and better.

• Like 3

SestoElemento

Wuuhuuu amazing! Take your time guys!

• Like 3

JohnnybFTW

Awesome thanks.

Is there any improvement in multiple CPU cores/threads utilization with the new Unity 2018 version applied in 0.12?

Fjellkriger

I have been taking a break waiting for the wipe, can't wait to see all your hard work.

• Like 1

JetSkyy
vor 6 Minuten schrieb JohnnybFTW:

Awesome thanks.

Is there any improvement in multiple CPU cores/threads utilization with the new Unity 2018 version applied in 0.12?

It seems to me like all my 4 cores are used

Edited by JetSkyy

50CalSal

Big bets bro take ur time guys this update is going to be insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

quango2k
5 minutes ago, KimiFelipe said:

Does this mean late spawns?

wait for patch notes. I highly doubt they have time to answer questions on every post they make. 

Ex-Pat

Can't wait to jump in with the new patch, you guys have been working so hard on this and thanks to you for that! Here's to finding a scav friend to boost us over the wall or whatever!

Niewiarygodny

@Cyver just about Secure containers. 
Don't listen to majority of players (casuals) who voted in that pool you most likely saw. 
I will make it clear now.
Don't test such "Secure container" change for only 3-7 days as "pre wipe event' it will be usless since barely few % of players are doing quests, barely few % of players are running on map and looting stuff with hachet. 
Test it for full wipe, then make a pool. 
Just remember how it looked with Loading mags and Meds animation feedback. People didnt like it, till they saw it, tested it and actually liked it.

• Like 8
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 7

anubisfaith

Good news! Nice work and have a good night.

• Like 1

Slunk_Gaming
36 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Don't listen to majority of players (casuals) who voted in that pool you most likely saw. 
Don't test such "Secure container" change for only 3-7 days as "pre wipe event' it will be usless since barely few % of players are doing quests, barely few % of players are running on map and looting stuff with hachet. 
Just remember how it looked with Loading mags and Meds animation feedback. People didnt like it, till they saw it, tested it and actually liked it.

I too am of the opinion that they should just go ahead and do it for the wipe to give it a proper test. Just so people understand You can still use items thet you bring into raid from the secure container. so you wont loose your keybar with all keys for example. but you have to extract the bitcoin that you found and wont be able to hide it in your gamma. and thats that. you now have to earn it and extract.

I rather have no ability to put rare loot found into my secure container then have to compete with hatchet runners that race to 1 or 2 spots loot and disconnect when they're gamma container is full. thats needs to stop.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

jorgent
1 hour ago, KimiFelipe said:

Does this mean late spawns?

It looks more like they are fixing bugs that pop up along the way. Late spawn is a game mechanic which differs from map to map.

HowlinWolf

thank for all the info !

One very small thing to note - could you increase the font on the build number in the launcher, it's a bit small on 1440p

( sound like an old man 😉 )

Untitled.jpg

• Sad 1

Arzzet
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Well I’m sure the forum is not the only source of feedback they have. But when will be an official poll( it wasn’t an official poll yet ) will be done by devs, is because they will want to listen the community and we will have to respect the results of that poll. Another different thing is that they compile data and see: what is better for the game, what makes the game work as intended, and what is their envision and what players want, and then make the decision by themselves. Which I will support as I know they will do the best for EFT.

BTW I was always in favor of med animations and mag reloading and for now I prefer the container as it is, but I’m open to test it to see what happen. This not makes me a casual nor a player who wants EFT easier, I’m founding it easy by now ( not easy easy, but easy xD ) at least to make money and gear myself everytime I need. But is just simply I like my container and it’s use right now. But, as everything, is just a thing that when change you will have to adapt and get used to.

But what I wanted to say is the same thing above, the pre-wipe test of that will not be veracious to the player behaviour. 

Niewiarygodny
3 hours ago, Arzzet said:

Well I’m sure the forum is not the only source of feedback they have

Ye sure i am just basing on that pool which showed like:
"50 % ppl don't wanna such thing already
25 % wanna such restricion 
25% wanna see first such thing" 
WHich is stupid becasue those 50% already decided, without testing, similar to feedback with that mag/medicine i mentioned :D.
I will soon make summary of all answers i saw so far about that change, bring up all arguments i saw, some make sense, some didn't at all (quoting "Wtf give me my money back which i spent on EoD").
Saw many comments about prices, amount of items on flea, which is kinda incorrect, because ppl would learn to check each pocket, even hachets or especialy hachets if they run from loot spawn. Not like now we either ignore them (no point of letting enemy know you are by killing usless hachet) or we kill them and leave on ground (cause they don't have any valuable loot for sure and we still can die while checking those 4 pockets).

Cheers!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Arzzet

@Niewiarygodny i saw that poll too. And I know exactly what you say on your argument. Besides what I said in my previous opinion, I think we all should test it before speak, and see how it goes and let the devs decide with a test background behind, what is better for the game, their envision, and the community.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

windmill_

I've been saying for a while that if they wanted to mitigate hatchet runners that they should give them a minimum loadout value to force people to at least bring a pistol

SageKing

Big props guys! We can all see your hard work! I recently posted for "more frequent updates to keep us in the loop, good or bad we know you're working on stuff." And I see this post, these updates are coming more rapidly and I definitely appreciate it. Others aren't so appreciative because they want everything at once, but I know quality takes time.

Thank you again for all your hard work! I'm super excited 0.12! Don't work yourselves too hard. We'll be here! 

• Thanks 1

MrOvenBox

I'm honestly stoked for this update. It'll be my first wipe, and I am SSssoooo down for all that chaos. 

HijackDallas

@Niewiarygodny A test like this should is fine for an Pre-Wipe-Event. If you test this after wipe, than no more than 3 weeks. Don´t get me wrong, I want this changes and I´m an casual player.

All I want is to be sure, that my keybars, DocCase are safe. I have not the patience, to recollect all the keys, after I died in a Raid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1