Cyver

Status Update #4

stealtheh

@Niewiarygodny, @Slunk_Gaming Agreed. Secure Container update will certainly help mitigate hatchet runners looting prime spots.

Looking forward to escaping Milbase map.

The Hype is Real !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Niewiarygodny
5 hours ago, HijackDallas said:

All I want is to be sure, that my keybars, DocCase are safe

All your items which you will put into your Secure container during raid = safe during raid unitl you pull them out (i.e. magazine), like we know that u dont have to pull keys out to use them.

5 hours ago, HijackDallas said:

A test like this should is fine for an Pre-Wipe-Event

The thing is that it won't check anything since main thing to check is "how hard looting will be" "How looting keys will look like" "How ppl ppl will react to such change, i.e. camp more, check pockets of hahcets etc" "Will it be fun and more excited for ppl who are not playing hachets or not".
So 3-7 days or even 3 week test won't check such thing (talking about pre wipe event) since barely any1 is looting/doing quest so it's almsot impossibe to check those things in such period of time :P.

• Upvote 1

SonicK
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Niewiarygodny:

All your items which you will put into your Secure container during raid = safe during raid unitl you pull them out (i.e. magazine), like we know that u dont have to pull keys out to use them.

The thing is that it won't check anything since main thing to check is "how hard looting will be" "How looting keys will look like" "How ppl ppl will react to such change, i.e. camp more, check pockets of hahcets etc" "Will it be fun and more excited for ppl who are not playing hachets or not".
So 3-7 days or even 3 week test won't check such thing (talking about pre wipe event) since barely any1 is looting/doing quest so it's almsot impossibe to check those things in such period of time :P.

I think we should test this container change immediately after the wipe so at the beginning of 0.12 just so we can see how it all is

but at the moment most ppl are just wasting gear and rushing everyone one 

I agree for a change to the containers and I am for a test from the beginning so after a wipe

by the way the people who reject this kind of tests with containers are not interested in the good further development of eft

if we want a good game at the end we have to test different things and see how it works that means that not everything is always easy and fun

Edited by SonicK
  • Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

Schaefer

perhaps they would have to wipe again if they do a container update?

so they want to test it before 0.12?!

when you have multiple keycards you have to use the scroolwheel to choose the right one on a cardreader.

perhaps they should do the same for keys and keybars?!

Phoenixsui
vor 16 Minuten schrieb Schaefer:

when you have multiple keycards you have to use the scroolwheel to choose the right one on a cardreader.

perhaps they should do the same for keys and keybars?!

What is the benefit?

I find the list of keys is way to long.

Edited by Phoenixsui

Schaefer

the benefit would be that it takes a bit more time to open a door.

a keytool with 15 or so keys should also have some kind of negative impact not only good .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

HijackDallas

If you have a keybar with 10 keys, you find the right one instantly in the current status. But in reality you´ll have to look, what key you actually need.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Czecher

Hurry up, dont waste ur time fixing stuff,it will be broken like every other bigger patch  :)

HowlinWolf
12 hours ago, HijackDallas said:

@Niewiarygodny A test like this should is fine for an Pre-Wipe-Event. If you test this after wipe, than no more than 3 weeks. Don´t get me wrong, I want this changes and I´m an casual player.

All I want is to be sure, that my keybars, DocCase are safe. I have not the patience, to recollect all the keys, after I died in a Raid.

i'm with you on this, brother 😉

Arzzet
18 hours ago, windmill_ said:

I've been saying for a while that if they wanted to mitigate hatchet runners that they should give them a minimum loadout value to force people to at least bring a pistol

No. I have almost 2 years in EFT and now barely or never go naked. But one thing is changing a mechanic, as per how container will work, and another is force players to do something, like enter raid with “something”. 

Totally against

mainmu

I bought a Edge of Darkness edition becouse of Gamma container. I can't see the point spend now on this version if  not allowed to secure the expensive items in containers and make extra money!! Maybe can reduce the container size,but not forbidding to put in in container..!!

wiking1
vor 37 Minuten schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

You will get all DLC for free.

While i think that the restriction idea sounds interesting.

but it’s a fact that they sold the EoD-edition with the gamma-container as an extra „feature“, like the free-dlcs! („Free“, you pay in advance - don‘t think that there will any release)

wiking1

You can have my reply: „you get free dlcs“ is just Not a legit argument 

Ps: i like the idea of restriction of the safe containers

Edited by wiking1

Maki_Nishikino
Just now, wiking1 said:

You can have my reply: „you get free dlcs“ is justNot an legit argument 😉 

Deleted my other post. Please tell me why EOD users are treated unfairly, it’s just container size.

• Sad 1

Darkmonkeyboy
28 minutes ago, wiking1 said:

You can have my reply: „you get free dlcs“ is just Not a legit argument

This has been answered by devs in past and yesterday in posts I have seen. The eod edition you are not getting dlc for free you are paying for it. The eod edition is to help development of game /show support of game. You should not think of it as in you are paying more in order to get benefits that other won't who didn't get the eod edition. 

The whole container thing going on atm is bit ridic. Its a trial for short duration before wipe /update . It may one day lead to removal of container but your probably years away from this, your also in beta stage, things are subject to change. Release of full game long way away, why don't you worry about this if /and when this is official in a long time far away? 

HijackDallas

I don´t think, Nikita will remove the Secure Container. That is a totally diffrent matter.

What is the secure Container in the first place?

It´s something you need to keep your own stuff safe. You will lose your keys, if you don´t have any Secure Container. In the first place, there is no need to keep Stuff, found in raid safe, just your own stuff.

That´s why I like this change

• Like 2

Killshaw

Loving it. keep up the awesome work team.

Hazardos

Can wait the new update comming

TheSkera

They said that they wanted to see the publics reaction to the potential change on the secure containers. The only way for people who is against that, like me, is to speak up. And voice our oppinion. That is what many are doing. 

Saying I am against the restriction considered on the secure container. 

• Upvote 1

Margali

in real life everything is breakable. i'm not against it. There was an idea to divide secured containers in functional way, i up vote that idea.

just checked all upcoming weapon list and i was tired of scrolling :D GJ BSG.

Edited by Fetter

Margali

i have an idea of permanent secured container you can put items in it and out. No one will search for your buthole :D

Untitled.png

• Like 2

Gabba54610
8 hours ago, Fetter said:

i have an idea of permanent secured container you can put items in it and out. No one will search for your buthole :D

Untitled.png

Haha

TUALMASOK
14 hours ago, Fetter said:

Untitled.png

Well, now I'm going to, just to be sure there's no red keycard in there.

SestoElemento
On 9/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, TheSkera said:

They said that they wanted to see the publics reaction to the potential change on the secure containers. The only way for people who is against that, like me, is to speak up. And voice our oppinion. That is what many are doing. 

Saying I am against the restriction considered on the secure container. 

Me too. The votes on it speaks for itself though.

I wish they come up with something else like not beeing able to have cases in containers or something.. There so much else to do with it than just locking it.

5CIENCE

Make hatchlings cry, please.

As if - in a survival scenario in Tarkov - there was any incentive to put yourself against heavily armed people with a knife. Without body armor or any tools to survive, at all.

As if hatchlings are actually playing the game. They aren't. They are walking the line to exploiting game mechanics in order to gain an unfair advantage. Whoever wants to play a low risk game - just play another game, how about that?

Now we have a situation in which hatchlings are actually defending their playstyle as if it had ever been a legit way of "playing" EFT. All your doing is deprive yourself of most of the qualities of the game, every time you go in with nothing. Without a secure container knife runs wouldn't even be meta. Noone, except a few show-offs on Twitch or Youtube, would even to do this. And they would only do it to show something like "how you can survive a raid without weapons", maybe even carry something out, if you're lucky.

Also, I'm not a fan of games that force players to play a certain way. But the problem is, if BSG isn't doing that by implementing some weird and unnecessarily time-consuming quests, hatchlings are the main ones creating/distorting a meta. Hatchling meta's a meta deprived of what constitutes the very reasons to play the game in the first place. Suddenly you just wanna go fast. duck that. You're not red and you have no dakka.

Edit:
tl;dr
Stop insisting on bringing knives to gunfights. The adults are trying to play a game here.

Edited by 5CIENCE
  • Sad 3