Cyver

Status Update #4

jorgent
On 9/12/2019 at 2:22 AM, Scholar said:

oh I think hatchet runners are still going to be in game beating guys with gear to the juicy spots.  I don't think this solves the hatchet problem at all.  Guys will run naked hoping to get the coin out and untilize their quickness to avoid interaction..This really changes nothing I believe.

Leaving See Ya GIF by Austin Mahone

Hatchet runner

Hatchlings will still be a thing, but they wont be able to just disconnect with a full secured container of OP loot. which is a much bigger problem than hatchlings running in, and trying to extract with loot. if you kill them, you get everything.. i dont think hatchlings are that big of a problem, the problem is those a**holes who just fill their gammas and disconnect.

NmHansen
1 hour ago, jorgent said:

Hatchlings will still be a thing, but they wont be able to just disconnect with a full secured container of OP loot. which is a much bigger problem than hatchlings running in, and trying to extract with loot. if you kill them, you get everything.. i dont think hatchlings are that big of a problem, the problem is those a**holes who just fill their gammas and disconnect.

most people do knife runs because they have to, or to try and go from zero to hero just for the fun of it.  And not all players play this like a deathmatch game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scholar
5 hours ago, jorgent said:

Ya agreed.  I didn't realize guys were hatchet running then disconnecting with a full container....just another exploit hole that needs to be plugged. 

• Like 1

apeFromTarkoff

that's the spirit people, keep EFT up and going for everyone to enjoy

On 9/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Cyver said:

integrating hideout (the most time consuming task right now)

I'm sure everyone is excited about that one the most as of right now

Mostly_Harmless

Any chance of a Status Update #5 this Thursday 19th Sept?

I don't care how long it takes to get the 0.12 patch ready (please take your time and always take minimum 1 full day of rest per week!) but I do love me a status update! :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ligh7ningNova

I think Hideout is interesting but isn't a selling feature for me. I've played a couple of games with a "Hideout" like addition. Probably nothing like this ,certainly, and I await finding out what is featured. Till then I can only guess.

Its a different take on after Raid things to do but for me, depends how much more time everything between Raids is going to take. Not even the healing, just navigating and trying to get stuff done. Not a bunch of menus to go through, load screens, multiple buttons to press through, walking from one place to another just to tweak something ect ect.

Tedious and repetitive things can kill games, little things can make or break a game. Would like to see things be smooth and efficient. **(Doesn't necessarily mean the moving about in the Hideout, IT CAN, but the time in Hideout:Raid ratio where someone has to spend literally 30min in it, *before any of the healing or other additions they have accounted for, then going into a raid.)

**ie. Having to walk around the hideout and gather all you gear but it takes what seems like ages just to cross the room. (Spending more time walking to the different benches than is needed or whatever the hell the Hideout will feature and how its in incorporated)

I hope this makes sense

There's also so much more to discover that BSG has opted to release earlier with .12. However with the Trailer having not been released nor an estimated date given, we will have to wait with baited breath. (Back to ARMA until the patch)

HijackDallas

@Ligh7ningNova as far as I knew, yu will keep your stash option in the menu. The hideout is just a visualisation of your stash, with additional workstations

• Upvote 1

Wort3x
On 9/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, Cyver said:

"We will try to come to some patch release date that we can announce to you. It's not much left to complete! Therefore, if luck will be with us, the update will be closer than you think!"

was this a joke? why do you keep on doing this? "Update , soon"   " update will be closer than you think! "
Why even say this when it obvious that your telling lies.. at least define the word "soon" and "close" for us so we know how long "soon" is for you a month? 2? 3? just annoying hearing it over and over , if we come in to dec month then its bin 1 year since last "big" update and all we hear is "close" and "soon" wtf does that even mean now?
:sccry: :S
Well best wishes hope it comes out SOON haha :cannedmilk::sctroll:

OMGDerpShark

Been playing since .8, so not as long as most of you longer than some.  I have always been surprised at how few exit campers there are (with the exception of Factory).  My concern is that the biggest impact of the pouch changes will be that there will be far more exit camping.  I'll trade hatchlings for a squad camping an exit any day.  $.02

• Upvote 3

Frouzix
16 hours ago, OMGDerpShark said:

Been playing since .8, so not as long as most of you longer than some.  I have always been surprised at how few exit campers there are (with the exception of Factory).  My concern is that the biggest impact of the pouch changes will be that there will be far more exit camping.  I'll trade hatchlings for a squad camping an exit any day.  $.02

Quite insightful,, we shall see :)

Funoodle
21 hours ago, OMGDerpShark said:

They also said they'd have secure drop points where you can drop loot to your vault without extracting. Back in older versions of the game when there was only one exit and it was the same for everyone there was a lot of exit camping. I like what they've done with multiple spawns coordinating with multiple exits.

• Like 1

Slunk_Gaming
On 9/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, Scholar said:

oh I think hatchet runners are still going to be in game beating guys with gear to the juicy spots.  I don't think this solves the hatchet problem at all.  Guys will run naked hoping to get the coin out and untilize their quickness to avoid interaction..This really changes nothing I believe.

Leaving See Ya GIF by Austin Mahone

Hatchet runner

hey that would make things fun and intense where you have to sneak as players across the map run into you. If you find it and make it out alive, sure you've earned it bro... just remember you are squashy and deff going to be hunted my the likes of me ;)

OMGDerpShark
23 hours ago, Funoodle said:

They also said they'd have secure drop points where you can drop loot to your vault without extracting. Back in older versions of the game when there was only one exit and it was the same for everyone there was a lot of exit camping. I like what they've done with multiple spawns coordinating with multiple exits.

Oh, I didn't know there are going to be intermediate loot drop points. It's another spot to camp but should at least dilute the concentration of exit campers.  "Loot porters" where you pay to have loot taken out similar to the car extractions could be cool.

• Upvote 1

Jew-jitsu
On 9/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, Fetter said:

i have an idea of permanent secured container you can put items in it and out. No one will search for your buthole :D

Untitled.png

Could it be longer and flexible? imo: YES !

• Like 1

Fetter
6 hours ago, Jew-jitsu said:

Could it be longer and flexible? imo: YES !

may be you could find that experimental version in teraguop lab. it could feel more comfortable and could have more ergonomics for pulling out or putting :D in

Rioku

We need update #5

• Upvote 2

Darkmonkeyboy
4 hours ago, Rioku said:

We need update #5

Yes we do, very long period of being in the dark currently , and status updates just stopped. Been asked for few weeks now but seems we're not getting one anytime soon. Though I should not use the word soon..... As each soon means 4_6 months :(.... Lol