Blackboxeq

a consideration on secure containers.

Blackboxeq

have you considered  the ability to manually lock and unlock secure containers in raid?

pretty sure I am just catching up to the general  train of thought ( more on this after the -----).

But consider, how terrifying it would be for some one trying to stash gear.
-How loud unlocking/locking a secure container would be..     (  Keypad, fingerprint  or even a  briefcase dial lock. )
-How long would it take to go though the  unlock/lock animation. 

I understand the changes for secure containers to effectively  end the hatching runs in 0.12.   But secure containers as a concept do give some comfort to getting killed in raid. ( which helps the sting of loss.)

As a side note:   not  100% sure  what to think of keys and documents  with this idea.
On one  hand  it would be nice for keys&documents to have their own inherent-always-secure-character -slot (  some sort of  mystical prison butt purse type thing.) 
but on the other hand it would also add considerable risk to unlocking a container to secure loot.

------
considering how development works I would be pretty confidant that  the Tarkov team has already considered  something like this, but ended up with the .12 solution after finding a problem they would want to avoid. 

heck,  just thinking on it a bit more I  imagine  there would  be issues  with people playing in groups. it would basically make unlocking/locking  as safe as it is now.   

it would probably screw up peoples economy more than the .12 patch would.   people losing the  contents of a  secure container could be pretty devastating.

also it would probably discourage people from keeping meds/ammo  or anything they would need in a pinch in their loud hard to open ringing dinner bell of a container.

how easy it is to talk myself out of posting an idea, but  since I already typed it out. 

A, bashka bolit.. Bukhat' nado men'she  

N1shazu

The ability to open and close the secure container with an animation implemented would be the perfect solution, this has been suggested already and I hope developers would seriously take it into consideration.

Keys and docs from my point of view should never have a separate non lootable slot. Open your secure container during raid should be high risk just like bringing in your expensive modded M4. Playing in groups gives you a clear advantage but again if you want to play by yourself it’s your problem isn’t it?

I find really stupid anyway to implement a mechanic that allows you to take stuff out but not to put in the secure container, that’s totally unrealistic.

I think too much has been said already about this topic and it hasn’t been tested yet. Whatever they’ll do it won’t change anything at least for me.