Sign in to follow this  
Shacalboltx

Stirrup task is very difficult toward the end of a wipe

Shacalboltx

As the title says, the Stirrup task of killing PMC's with a pistol is incredibly difficult towards the end of a wipe, as everyone is wearing high tier armour w/facshields. I'm returning after a year away from the game, and this task was not pistols back then ( I believe it was kill scavs and collect facemask or something ?). I'm wondering why it was changed, and how anyone could not have foreseen that new/returning players would hit a wall on this one towards the end of a wipe.

Edited by Shacalboltx

pearomaniac

And? Difficult tasks are part of the game, early wipe, mid wipe, late wipe, its difficult, thats the point!

Thormato

glock 18 + 50mag + ap ammo, which armor?

Shacalboltx

I've been trying for a few days now on and off, taking in a glock with ap (no access to the 50 rnd mag yet) into factory, or on my loot runs on shoreline, and I have have only managed 2 of the 6 kills. As one of the earlier skier missions, I feel it's way too steep for the beginning of the game. I'm no amateur either. I solo run labs every day for PvP and ususally make it out with one or two unlucky guys gear. This task though I'm having no luck with. Back in the day I remember factory being a haven for hatchlings. Now it's me +5 guys in fort and fast MT with m4.

pearomaniac

Here is how i did it. Semi full kited run, with a Glock in Factory, i rush spawn places and try to get easy kills. Did it from five tries that is about 20-30 minutes needed me to finish it.

Try it like that.

Leitbild

It was USEC kills on Shoreline before. The scav kills with the lower halfmasks is and was a Punisher quest.

I do completly understand your Frustration with that quest, since I´ve just done it like 3 weeks ago and only found Juggernauts on Factory. All you have access to are low tier Pistols and if you´re not willing to spend a Fortune on the Fleahmarket(wich would be deminishing retourns) you´re Screwed. It took me a whole week to complete the Quest. As for others told me, to go for  hatchlings and such I´ve never seen a hatchling the last 2 seasons. The typical experience for me was Playerscavs and fullgeared (FastMT, Gen4,m4) Juggernauts that roam Factory. It was a nightmare.

I cant offer any advise, since all you have to do is pack a Lunch, buy a good amount of Pistols and jump into the meatgrinder over and over again. This is intensly Frustrating and a nightmare for Latewipe starts.

There are alot of not really good thought out quests. I am right now stuck with the "Friend from the West pt1" quest. Im a currently level 31 and have 2/5 USEC kills. Just simply because all I can find are Bears. Guess i´ll have to go on US servers (currently playing EU) to get that quest done.

• Thanks 1

Shacalboltx
2 hours ago, Leitbild said:

It was USEC kills on Shoreline before. The scav kills with the lower halfmasks is and was a Punisher quest.

I do completly understand your Frustration with that quest, since I´ve just done it like 3 weeks ago and only found Juggernauts on Factory. All you have access to are low tier Pistols and if you´re not willing to spend a Fortune on the Fleahmarket(wich would be deminishing retourns) you´re Screwed. It took me a whole week to complete the Quest. As for others told me, to go for  hatchlings and such I´ve never seen a hatchling the last 2 seasons. The typical experience for me was Playerscavs and fullgeared (FastMT, Gen4,m4) Juggernauts that roam Factory. It was a nightmare.

I cant offer any advise, since all you have to do is pack a Lunch, buy a good amount of Pistols and jump into the meatgrinder over and over again. This is intensly Frustrating and a nightmare for Latewipe starts.

There are alot of not really good thought out quests. I am right now stuck with the "Friend from the West pt1" quest. Im a currently level 31 and have 2/5 USEC kills. Just simply because all I can find are Bears. Guess i´ll have to go on US servers (currently playing EU) to get that quest done.

Thanks man, good reply. Yes you are right it was shoreline kills ! What was wrong with that ? I remember that being a fun and productive task when I played a while back. I think honestly I'm just gonna use the flea market to obtain scopes, BP/M995 and just leave the tasks for next wipe. I have no problems taking the high end stuff from players on labs so it's not like I can't play because of this, and I have ragman/peacekeeper at lvl 2 so I can get medium tier. Would have been nice to get the sweet ammo without donating a leg though ! Thanks brother !

• Like 1

Leitbild
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Shacalboltx:

Yes you are right it was shoreline kills ! What was wrong with that ? I remember that being a fun and productive task when I played a while back.

People complained about the lack of USEC´s on shoreline back then. Not everyone is keen on rushing to the resort just to have a "mini factory" experience there, wich I can total relate to aswell.

Its just a matter of Fact, that killing people with Pistols really late into the Wipe/season is awfull difficult. I heard so much crappy replies on that complaint.

"Go for the legs then"  Sure, while I try to empty my Pistol into his legs he just sprays me down with any fullauto weapon.

But wait, theres more. There is a Quest that needs you to go to factory and kill PMC´s with a Mosin. That aint hard on itself but you have to do it under 15m wich feels like the distance, where it would be easier to bash their Head in with said Mosin. Have Fun, 0.12 is coming Soon™ and we´ll see how the Quests will change.

• Upvote 1

MeanderingBeing
On 9/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Leitbild said:

There is a Quest that needs you to go to factory and kill PMC´s with a Mosin. That aint hard on itself but you have to do it under 15m wich feels like the distance, where it would be easier to bash their Head in with said Mosin. Have Fun, 0.12 is coming Soon™ and we´ll see how the Quests will change.

I actually did a fun run on factory last night with a mosin and it was a riot. I made a "memebrez," 220mm barrel, suppressor, tri-rail, and EOTech XPS3. Aim for the neck and it seems to one-shot just about everything. My only miss was tapping the shoulder of a PMC which scared him off right quick. Fended off a scav horde, and it took a player scav ducking under my shot at the most lucky moment to finally end the reign off mosin terror lol.

if only sawn off mosins counted as pistols...

ataros

Try night Factory. Players сan not wear faceshields with nightvision. And NV is cheap now.

Shacalboltx

Leaving this here, as I found a worth solution to my own problem ! Hope this helps

image.png.aa58425ec1c8afd9c32796bb57f525f2.png

pleznt

Late wipe start here and I cbf doing it. The armor is over the top, I'm certain humans have vital organs, and when hit by a really large force, they usually fall over, either winded, hurt or knocked the duck out. I mean if my rounds ain't passing through fleshy parts and hitting other body parts, aka the arms then duck it. If my rounds don't penetrate the side of vest that isn't protected with a ceramic or steel plate then duck this task.

Shaktimaan

@Shacalboltx

Yeah it is. Let me know if you want any help with it. I can help you "cheese" it out or something like that.

A design oversight is a design oversight. No way around it. People here can disguise it all they want in whatever fashion or form they want, but it won't magically solve the underlying problem.

No shame in cheesing out quests. Especially if they're blocking the direct progression system in the game.

Edited by Shaktimaan
  • Like 1

Shacalboltx
10 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

@Shacalboltx

Yeah it is. Let me know if you want any help with it. I can help you "cheese" it out or something like that.

A design oversight is a design oversight. No way around it. People here can disguise it all they want in whatever fashion or form they want, but it won't magically solve the underlying problem.

No shame in cheesing out quests. Especially if they're blocking the direct progression system in the game.

I found my own cheese method. Thanks though man !