_Fudge_

Offline sandbox?

_Fudge_

I wanted to discuss expanding the functionality of offline mode. Currently it's a quite barebones thing made to test out loadouts and practice map knowledge and stuff like that. I think it would be great if it was expanded to a full test environment and not a pre-raid afterthought. Allow people to equip any item and go on any map to test out weapons and customisation and try them out against AI. This helps with building loadouts in the real servers and allows everyone to check out new content regardless of skill or patience. Also understand that this "mode" would NOT have a stash or any sort of reward or progression, being a lot like the current offline mode. Could be just a screen with all the traders (who would be maxed out) and the player inventory screen followed by the map and time of day selection, difficulty settings and stuff like scav war could be retained as well. This doesn't really have any downsides and is very quick and easy to implement. At least as compared to a lot of other things like community servers and other gamemodes, since the base is already in the game. This serves as both a sandbox for casuals to have fun with all of EFT's content and getting their money's worth, and as a way for veteran players to test loadouts, routes, tactics, strategy, etc. without the risk of losing their stuff. This would make raids more of a skill and tactics based thing instead of getting your ass handed to you because you didn't know the rounds you bought were actually garbage. It's a net gain for everyone and can be ignored by people who like to get abused by video game mechanics lmao

jlambvo

Just to play devil's advocate, I think that a lot of that learning curve and experimentation is part of the play. In a way it's the richest part, and one you can't ever really get again once you've developed some mastery and knowledge over the game, so I'd try to just enjoy the discovery. Especially given that it's an RPG-ish game and not a competitive arena shooter (ostensibly :)) 

• Like 1

bigbacon

we ask about this a lot. we've had many threads over the years about doing this....they won't do it, which sucks. 

Give us multiple characters, each with thier stash, etc, no sharing between them and let us have some offline fun vs Scavs. It would allow you to learn thing more and even try out quests so you know what you are in for a bit. think of it as practice mode WITH PROGRESSION.

they could do it...