paphisick

Scav Mode help

paphisick

Is there an up to date guide on Scav mode?
Do Scavs attack you?
Do you still need keys to escape as a scav?

Niewiarygodny
15 minutes ago, paphisick said:

Is there an up to date guide on Scav mode?

I doubt it since playing as scav didnt change. Maybe some smaller changes like where you need to escape.

16 minutes ago, paphisick said:

Do Scavs attack you?

So here i will need to explain it a bit. 
In EFT, we have 4 types of Scavs.
1. Normal Scavs - Which you encoutner pretty often
2. Player scavs - Those are players who started game as "scav"
3. Scav bosses
4. Raiders

So to answer your question.
We don't know how Raiders will exactly behave towards normal scavs, cause the only time we saw them near normal scavs/player scav was in a "before wipe event". 

Normal scavs are not targeting you UNLESS you shoot them/you kill AI Scav or player scav.
HOwever, if such Player scav, killed AI scav (so scavs are targeting him) and you kill him, there is a chance that all other scavs won't target you. However it's not always working.

And Scav Bosses -> They will always (so far with existing bosses) be hostile towards you when you play Scav. Whats more, if you stay near AI scav (and u didnt kill any scavs) he will become hostile towards you, once Scav boss come closer to you. (I.e. interchange and killa, that u can sit with scavs, thinking that nothing can happen, then killa comes closer and all scav are shooting at you).

21 minutes ago, paphisick said:

Do you still need keys to escape as a scav?

If i am correct, there was at some point bug/mistake in Factory where you actually needed a key to extract (If i am correct ofc and  ididnt mistake something) but now, no, you don't need any keys to extract on any map BUT if special extracion (factory) will be open, u might be able to use that. 
To make it clear, there is always at least 1 extract which doesn't require any key :).

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Bozo_Tac

What Niewiarygodny said above is pretty much all you need to know, Honestly during scav raids (my experience comes from factory only), It's best to kill all scavs on sight.  It's difficult to tell if the scav is AI or player, but generally if you spawn near other scavs (like 5-8 feet away) they'll be AI.  I prefer to have fun with scav raids, and cheeki breeki other scavs and players picking up bandaids and boolits from dead bodies to fuel the inferno.  It gets pretty exciting to know your life and the lives of the other players/AI hinge on luck, violence of action, and sneaking about.  Kinda like the movie free fire.   until you get the scav with the APS, then it becomes how long can I play god until my bullets run out.   But honestly, the game play suits the story behind the scavs, it's dog eat dog, trust no one except your gun, and kill with extreme prejudice.