MeanderingBeing

What happened to factory and melee?!

MeanderingBeing

So I just came back after 2 years or so of not playing. Been having fun in customs and woods, got a few levels and some guns. I got the mission from Skier to kill 6 PMCs with a pistol. (Love all the new quests btw) Should be easy. Grab my TT and go into factory...

Now here's when problems start.

1st raid: Spawn in red loading bay. Get shot by scav through a wall within the 1st second. Literally. I jump in a corner and apply ifak. He comes into the room. I shoot him and take his stuff. Cool, I have a shotgun and broken arm 5 seconds in, I guess. Kill a few more scavs, get wallbanged on the third floor... okay.

2nd raid: spawned in front of a geared PMC. Get wrecked.

3rd raid: spawned in front of a geared PMC. Get wrecked.

I tried up-armoring, tried dropping with nothing but a pistol, and it was pretty much the same thing for a half dozen times. I manage to sneak around a few times, but inevitably end up shot through a wall by a scav or wrecked by a geared player. What the hell happened to the spawns on factory? Why am I consistently spawning in front of people? Why am I getting shot through those tin walls by AI scavs?

The last raid was the straw that broke the camel's back. I loaded in, literally just a TT, spare mag, ifak and painkillers. Spawned in the open, way out in the middle of the open floor on the north side of the map (callout used to be stage). I rushed to the stairs, hearing someone behind me. I wait at the top and take out a geared bear unfortunate enough to not wear a helmet. Scavs immediately rush me, one shoots me in the arm and leg, breaking both. We're now at maybe 30 seconds into the raid. I take painkillers and rush out and go to that tin room on the catwalks, killing a scav on the way. I'm now out of ammo and theres a scav rushing me. I pull out my axe. He turns the corner and I swing. Miss? I step closer until I'm pressed against him. Miss? Both times should have been right on the helmet. Apparently reach got nerfed?! But then.... I'm still clicking. And still clicking. 5 seconds, in fact, of clicking while not swinging my axe, not moving, pressed against a scav shooting the floor. Nothing happens. At all. So I try stepping back to swing. AI scav empties the last round of his mag in my face.

I almost deleted my account right then and there. Whats the point of having a melee weapon if I cant use it? I can understand a nerf, considering hatchlings a few years ago, but taking complete control from the player for a forced cooldown and what I'm assuming is stamina recharge? I didnt pay for an MMORPG.

Whatever happened in the pst two years, factory and melee were seriously broke imo... on the bright side, I'm loving literally everything else in the game so far. I guess I'll take a hard pass on anything involving factory until I can not spawn directly in front of someone or get shot through walls by AI.

Thormato

Sounds like you have late spawns, rly rly late spawns, and you play with high ping :)

• Upvote 1

Scholar

Also right click on the mouse seems to work better for attacks...the scavs now rush in groups to gunfire and push you hard...at this late in the patch and with the new patch comin soon running with a tt is pretty much suicide because everybody's bringing real guns into factory of late

Learning curve man

200.gif

• Upvote 1

MeanderingBeing
1 hour ago, Thormato said:

Sounds like you have late spawns, rly rly late spawns, and you play with high ping :)

I run almost all western US servers on a fibre connection, when the ping bar does show up on the top right, it rarely, if ever, goes over 100ping.

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Also right click on the mouse seems to work better for attacks...the scavs now rush in groups to gunfire and push you hard...at this late in the patch and with the new patch comin soon running with a tt is pretty much suicide because everybody's bringing real guns into factory of late

Learning curve man

200.gif

Yeah I've noticed. I like that behavior, honestly. It's more realistic, plus makes for some really cool scav ambushes. They are significantly more difficult/"smart" than they used to be, and in a good way.

But dat TT pen tho :P

Thormato
3 minutes ago, MeanderingBeing said:

run almost all western US servers on a fibre connection, when the ping bar does show up on the top right, it rarely, if ever, goes over 100ping.

How much time is left when you join the raid?

MeanderingBeing

1 minute ago, Thormato said:

How much time is left when you join the raid?

34:59

Edit: on Factory anyways. Customs its usually within 10s of 45min and 50min on woods, iirc. When I play with friends, they usually spawn a couple seconds after me.

Edited by MeanderingBeing
Clarification

MeanderingBeing

I'm not so much having issue with the task itself, more just the terrible spawns in Factory and an apparent overly-heavy-handed melee nerf.

i've got a few pistol kills already, I just tend to prefer using them as ambush weapons or for "oh poo" moments, so I dont typically go looking to get kills with em.

Phoenixsui

@MeanderingBeing Isn’t a new Factory Raid 35mins.

And yes if you get hit you lose stamina. Bring more mags next time ;).

Factory is such small map, 10s after spawn you can reach other spawns. So be fully prepared before hitting the ready button and know the spawns.

KaelTheInvoker
1 час назад, MeanderingBeing сказал:

So I just came back after 2 years or so of not playing. Been having fun in customs and woods, got a few levels and some guns. I got the mission from Skier to kill 6 PMCs with a pistol. (Love all the new quests btw) Should be easy. Grab my TT and go into factory...

1st raid: Spawn in red loading bay. Get shot by scav through a wall within the 1st second. Literally. I jump in a corner and apply ifak. He comes into the room. I shoot him and take his stuff. Cool, I have a shotgun and broken arm 5 seconds in, I guess. Kill a few more scavs, get wallbanged on the third floor... okay.

I tried up-armoring, tried dropping with nothing but a pistol, and it was pretty much the same thing for a half dozen times. I manage to sneak around a few times, but inevitably end up shot through a wall by a scav or wrecked by a geared player. What the hell happened to the spawns on factory? Why am I consistently spawning in front of people? Why am I getting shot through those tin walls by AI scavs?

The last raid was the straw that broke the camel's back. I loaded in, literally just a TT, spare mag, ifak and painkillers. Spawned in the open, way out in the middle of the open floor on the north side of the map (callout used to be stage). I rushed to the stairs, hearing someone behind me. I wait at the top and take out a geared bear unfortunate enough to not wear a helmet. Scavs immediately rush me, one shoots me in the arm and leg, breaking both. We're now at maybe 30 seconds into the raid. I take painkillers and rush out and go to that tin room on the catwalks, killing a scav on the way. I'm now out of ammo and theres a scav rushing me. I pull out my axe. He turns the corner and I swing. Miss? I step closer until I'm pressed against him. Miss? Both times should have been right on the helmet. Apparently reach got nerfed?! But then.... I'm still clicking. And still clicking. 5 seconds, in fact, of clicking while not swinging my axe, not moving, pressed against a scav shooting the floor. Nothing happens. At all. So I try stepping back to swing. AI scav empties the last round of his mag in my face.

I almost deleted my account right then and there. Whats the point of having a melee weapon if I cant use it? I can understand a nerf, considering hatchlings a few years ago, but taking complete control from the player for a forced cooldown and what I'm assuming is stamina recharge? I didnt pay for an MMORPG.

Whatever happened in the pst two years, factory and melee were seriously broke imo... on the bright side, I'm loving literally everything else in the game so far. I guess I'll take a hard pass on anything involving factory until I can not spawn directly in front of someone or get shot through walls by AI.

You should try Glock-17 and agressive gameplay. I assure you, it's very funny.

Shacalboltx
4 hours ago, MeanderingBeing said:

My friend I feel your pain ! I too was having trouble with this, and thought it seemingly impossible until I found something that worked.

The answer was not spending large sums on custom glocks and losing money to full armored guys on factory as mentioned.  What I did is take in an aps and 2 mags on night time shoreline raids. I do this anyway for money runs, and found an easy way to get 1 pistol kill on an unarmored player in a fair fight. Here is how I did it.

I spawn on shoreline. If spawned on the east side, I go for the normal 310,226,205, and also check the red keycard room. I then listen for a few minutes for the next guy. If no next guy I go west wing, loot up and leave. IF I spawn on the west side, I quickly run to resort, head to the middle part (where the kitchen is) and move towards east side. If someone is already there you WILL hear them rushing the loot rooms. Head over the skybridge to west and prone next to the wall when you get to the wardrobe. The player WILL come this way, and you will have the drop on him for one easy pistol kill. You will sacrifice the loot from east side for this, but given the difficulty of getting pistol kills this late in a wipe, it is in my opinion totally worth it. Loot him up if he has anything and go check for any Lions, cats, clocks and such he may not have been able to carry, then go loot up west wing. Keep running this simple plan until you are finished with the task, and you will also have made a few million rubles at the same time !

I really hope this helps brother, and good luck getting those kills !

Bozo_Tac

honestly, melee in the game is kinda a joke, both hilarious to use and frustrating.  I remember i went on a raid with nothing but an axe, rushed a poor hatchling with only 1 mag in his pm, then buried my axe into his head.  That's where it can get fun, on low level raids on factory where you can cheeki breeki your fellow hatchlings.  however, it seems as if armor and location of strike severely effect your chances of success with melee. here are some rules I've noticed,

1) Never strike an armored area

2) aim for the head if you can help it

3) manage your stamina well, kinda like you're playing chivalry in a tactical survival shooter, pull out from a melee fight when you're low, or make sure you have enough stamina to rush up to the enemy and get in at least 3 swings

4) again, just like chivalry, you'll have a basic attack and a heavy attack, heavy attacks take more stamina, but I have yet to research if using a heavy attack is better than several light ones

5) When going up against an AI scav, they tend to aim for the upper chest/head, so what I've done is strafe in a circle around them on max walking speed and bludgeon them with ultraviolence until you hear the blood gurgle from their corpse.

6) using melee is all about shock factory, and surprise, if you lead at an enemy player from around the corner, they'll tend to panic and spray all over the place, but you'll have the advantage of getting at least a single strike in if you time it right, just make sure you aim for the head.  violence of action and urgency will help you, unless if they have a kiver or a kopak with a face shield, then accept your fate.

just make sure you manage your stamina.  with your problem of getting killed instantly on raids, make sure you take your time, on fac, you'll usually have 20-30 mins, so make sure you learn where places are exposed, keep to the shadows and pray to RNGesus.  I highly recommend doing a couple offline raids with scavs set to high to see how you'll react in stressful situations like your mentioned bandit cheeki breeki rush.