EthanFromTarkov

Wipe and PMC name changes?

EthanFromTarkov

Hello

i was wondering if PMC names are removed once the game wipes. I came back to the game post wipe and my name was still the same and I wasn’t required to enter a new one.

i am wondering because it seems rather odd to have the Dog tag system as such a neat part of the game, get almost “broken” if someone wants to name snipe you on wipe.

For example, what if Veritas PMC name was “Veritas”, then the wipe happens, and someone grabs the name “Veritas” before Veritas.

Shouldn’t PMC names be locked, by first come first serve, like in RuneScape or league of Legends?

I think I remember name reservations being part of the EFT EOD feature, but I could be wrong.

Edited by EthanFromTarkov

SkyCloud

first come first serves after the wipe so there is nothing broken.

EthanFromTarkov
16 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

first come first serves after the wipe so there is nothing broken.

So because someone is in the correct time zone where they are awake or home , they can name snipe someone, but the streamer or just regular joe who had had a name for a year, will lose his name, because someone "got there first". Imagine if RuneScape did wipes and removed names... It would lose its player base.

Dog tags should stay the same across wipes, unless you change it.

Thormato

Its a BetaTesting, no one gives a poo about Names

ShiroTenshi

Wipes are something that only happens because of the game still being in development. After release they will end so it doesn't matter how many people steal others name right now. All you have to do is to make sure you are the first one to get it at release and then it'll be yours forever.

And like it has been mentioned, it's on a first come first serve basis. Someone could be trying to steal your name, or someone could genuinely be using the same name, how do we distinguish these two? Just because you are a streamer doesn't mean you are the only one who uses that name. You are the one more notably known for using that name but unless you have a copyright on your name then you don't have exclusive rights over it.

Phoenixsui
vor 2 Minuten schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Wipes are something that only happens because of the game still being in development. After release they will end so it doesn't matter how many people steal others name right now. All you have to do is to make sure you are the first one to get it at release and then it'll be yours forever.

And like it has been mentioned, it's on a first come first serve basis. Someone could be trying to steal your name, or someone could genuinely be using the same name, how do we distinguish these two? Just because you are a streamer doesn't mean you are the only one who uses that name. You are the one more notably known for using that name but unless you have a copyright on your name then you don't have exclusive rights over it.

Wasn’t it a thing, that on the official website you can reserve your name for the full game release? Or at least with EOD? Maybe it was a different game, not sure anymore.

ShiroTenshi
1 minute ago, Phoenixsui said:

Wasn’t it a thing, that on the official website you can reserve your name for the full game release? Or at least with EOD? Maybe it was a different game, not sure anymore.

It was during Alpha, but got removed.

• Like 1