Sign in to follow this  
Cloak

0.12 are we any closer yet?

Cloak

So there is so much hype around 0.12 it brings me to the question. How much closer is this game to being finished? Percentage wise, etc.

Cause if it brings us to like 90% close to completion, then I'll be hyped.

If not then Imma have to go back to just ignoring this game until Battle States sends out notification again. <_<

Edited by Cloak

ShiroTenshi

Only the DEVs know this, and only they are able to tell.

Personally i do think the unity 2018 migration is a big blocker that was holding up the regular development of the game, and we should see an increase in the speed of maps, features and content implementation after .12

• Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Czecher

2 patches a year, feels like Star Citizen :)

• Hot 1

pearomaniac

If you just play the game and stop thinking about bleeding wipe it will come much sooner than you think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

zdravko010688

personally for me now without cheaters the game is perfectly playable just needs a few more finishing moves such as desync and better servers thats all.

• Like 1

quango2k
13 hours ago, Cloak said:

If not then Imma have to go back to just ignoring this game until Battle States sends out notification again. <_<

I see "ignoring" is going to plan eh. 

Thormato
2 minutes ago, zdravko010688 said:

personally for me now without cheaters the game is perfectly playable just needs a few more finishing moves such as desync and better servers thats all.

if its perfect for you now, then you wont have a happy future in eft, most of the things will change

superbenke
14 hours ago, Cloak said:

If you count from 0.11 release it's probably closer to 95% done so better start hyping 🤘

ataros

Percentage wise, 20% of remaining work will take 80% of project time. New bugs are fixed every day and this allows to discover 10x bugs the next day.

Hype is just self-entertainment. The devs have nothing to do with it.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

PauleSchaule
Am 19.9.2019 um 03:11 schrieb Cloak:

Well 90% is like almost done. But it’s an ongoing project. You see how many maps will create in the future? No one knows how many weapons will come. I even know if I am still strong enough to play this game in 10-15 years when it’s releases.

you need to have fun NOW if not you won’t have fun at all with this game mate.

Mr_Sheep

come back next year 

TUALMASOK

I hope .12 includes tandem bikes. There's nothing scarier than a squad on tandems.

• Like 1

roccale
18 hours ago, Czecher said:

2 patches a year, feels like Star Citizen :)

No, you're wrong. Star Citizen manage to make more than 2 patches a year ....😅

• Upvote 1

dez1nd
21 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Only the DEVs know this, and only they are able to tell.

Personally i do think the unity 2018 migration is a big blocker that was holding up the regular development of the game, and we should see an increase in the speed of maps, features and content implementation after .12

I dont know why I dont trust you meybe because 75% of developers words are lie especially in BSG

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

superbenke
43 minutes ago, roccale said:

No, you're wrong. Star Citizen manage to make more than 2 patches a year

Considering Star Citizen started development 2011 and has raised more than $250 million I hope it has more going for it than releasing more than 2 patches a year 😃

Madiakz
13 minutes ago, dez1nd said:

I dont know why I dont trust you meybe because 75% of developers words are lie especially in BSG

You obviously have a bee in your bonnet over something, but one thing that bugs me is stats with nothing to back them up with, where did you get this 75%? What devs? How many words have you heard? Can you back up your claims? Or are they just hearsay? 

We need facts 😂 

Edited by Madiakz
  • Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2

v3n0mou5

ahem..

3b2i01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

zdravko010688
23 hours ago, Thormato said:

f its perfect for you now, then you wont have a happy future in eft, most of the things will change

I'm talking about the in-raid experience which you get from interactions and fire fight with other players the new features and implementation are hole different discussion 

they wont effect that much these things they may change the way you play and go in battle but the guns and shootouts they wont change

v3n0mou5
4 hours ago, Madiakz said:

You obviously have a bee in your bonnet over something, but one thing that bugs me is stats with nothing to back them up with, where did you get this 75%? What devs? How many words have you heard? Can you back up your claims? Or are they just hearsay? 

We need facts 😂 

was that fact enough for you?

superbenke
4 hours ago, Madiakz said:

We need facts

Look at the world, no one cares about facts anymore.

You just say something and it' becomes the truth :) and if someone somehow manages to convince you it was wrong you just deny you ever said it.

• Like 1

Thormato
59 minutes ago, zdravko010688 said:

they wont effect that much these things they may change the way you play and go in battle but the guns and shootouts they wont change

That will also change alot, Armor will get reworked, ammo probably will be reworked, the new med system will totaly change it and so on

GoldmanSachs
5 hours ago, Madiakz said:

We need facts 😂 

Game was supposed to be released in 2016.

In house anti cheat was very effective. 

Every patch stated that major causes of stutter were removed yet there is almost no difference when comparing 2017 footage and 2019 footage.

Streets of Tarkov was supposed to release before Labs.

Everything that was showcased in 2016 devblog and stated to release in 2017.

If you were to dig into Nikita's reddit profile or his comments he made in stream chatrooms, podcasts etc, you would find that one thing. The fact that he keeps on stating things that are either easily disproven, or have an extensive time delay on implementation. Him saying that something is coming soon, only to show 1 year later is still a lie, because in a game development cycle, soon is not countent in year cycles. 

Madiakz
4 hours ago, v3n0mou5 said:

ahem..

3b2i01.jpg

Delays happen, its part of game development and although it can be frustrating, it is to be expected. 

55 minutes ago, superbenke said:

Look at the world, no one cares about facts anymore.

You just say something and it' becomes the truth :) and if someone somehow manages to convince you it was wrong you just deny you ever said it.

Seems to be the case these days, no need to prove you're right anymore, people have to be proved wrong instead 😂 

14 minutes ago, GoldmanSachs said:

Game was supposed to be released in 2016.

In house anti cheat was very effective. 

Every patch stated that major causes of stutter were removed yet there is almost no difference when comparing 2017 footage and 2019 footage.

Streets of Tarkov was supposed to release before Labs.

Everything that was showcased in 2016 devblog and stated to release in 2017.

If you were to dig into Nikita's reddit profile or his comments he made in stream chatrooms, podcasts etc, you would find that one thing. The fact that he keeps on stating things that are either easily disproven, or have an extensive time delay on implementation. Him saying that something is coming soon, only to show 1 year later is still a lie, because in a game development cycle, soon is not countent in year cycles. 

In terms of the game development, delays happen which we all know, even triple A titles get delayed and they have much bigger teams working on them, things can change, bugs occur, it's not always plain sailing. I've been involved with several early access games, and delays have happened in all of them, it's just to be expected, it doesn't make people liars in my opinion. 

In terms of the stutters I honestly have never experienced them myself so I can't really comment on that, but I know for some there has been improvements with the patches, but remember this is still Beta, it's to be expected there will be performance issues. 

I originally quoted @dez1nd over his 75% stat for devs being liars, I was just wondering where they got that percentage, that seems to have been ignored by the quotes guys, just some rants about delays, we all want the patch and I'm sure the devs want it released too, but at the end of the day we will just have to be patient. 

• Like 2

v3n0mou5
1 hour ago, Madiakz said:

Delays happen, its part of game development and although it can be frustrating, it is to be expected. 

Seems to be the case these days, no need to prove you're right anymore, people have to be proved wrong instead 😂 

In terms of the game development, delays happen which we all know, even triple A titles get delayed and they have much bigger teams working on them, things can change, bugs occur, it's not always plain sailing. I've been involved with several early access games, and delays have happened in all of them, it's just to be expected, it doesn't make people liars in my opinion. 

In terms of the stutters I honestly have never experienced them myself so I can't really comment on that, but I know for some there has been improvements with the patches, but remember this is still Beta, it's to be expected there will be performance issues. 

I originally quoted @dez1nd over his 75% stat for devs being liars, I was just wondering where they got that percentage, that seems to have been ignored by the quotes guys, just some rants about delays, we all want the patch and I'm sure the devs want it released too, but at the end of the day we will just have to be patient. 

Right delays happen. And im familiar with game development and unity 3D. 

Dont make a promise that a update will come out a couple weeks later when you know your coding isnt done. He built a game. Made progress. He should know how fast his team is. And how fast the development is going. If he mistakenly states something that is delayed by months. Then he doesnt know his team/progress at all. 

Every game gets a design document with a specified time window. If you know how long your team takes on other updates. Then keep to it. Dont make promises that are unreachable.

But all stuff aside. Mistakes happen ofc. But he isnt telling. He is ignoring most of the community. They wanna keep their strong mysterious silent act going or something? Oh right you have to be a populair streamer to be able to influence the game, make changes and talk with bsg.

just my 2 cents

You asked for facts. You have been given facts. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1