onlego

What do you guys think about sprinting currently

onlego

Hello everyone,

Often when I play the game and end up in sprinting situation I feel like the sprint is a bit non-realistic and overpowered. First of all the speed of the sprint feels to high (to me) as you can literally just run around and evade bullets from any player by zig-zag-ing around.

Also, when geared with weapons, backpack, body armor, rig, helmet and stuff in your rig / backpack, how does that make sense to be able to run so fast and in such a small delay after pressing the sprint key. I guess it is already the case that your speed is modified by the weight of your stuff but I believe it is not realistic and way to arcade for the realism part of the game.

Also when wounded in legs or chest we shouldn't be able to sprint as we do when not wounded (regardless of the base sprint speed when not wounded), I know that when legs are fracture you get damage from sprinting and I think it would be more coherent to have that for any type of wound to legs / chest (or some mechanic of the type).

What do you guys think about sprint in the game right now ?

• Like 1

oquiz

compared to how fast and agile you are with max strength and endurance, its pretty okey.xD
but no seriously, its good how it is (without having the high lvl perks)
if you would be mutch slower, then you never coud have the chance to escape a bullet.
and its still a game and the balance between realisim and fun needs to kept in mind.
bsg is handleing some things related to this definatly well.

Edited by oquiz

Spectator6
2 hours ago, onlego said:

Also, when geared with weapons, backpack, body armor, rig, helmet and stuff in your rig / backpack, how does that make sense to be able to run so fast and in such a small delay after pressing the sprint key. I guess it is already the case that your speed is modified by the weight of your stuff but I believe it is not realistic and way to arcade for the realism part of the game.

I agree! Most of the time the spring speed feels like an unencumbered running speed. When in reality, like you're saying, if we're loaded down with a bunch of weight, shouldn't sprint speed suffer dramatically?

DanExert

We should definitely not be able to turn as fast as we can currently whilst sprinting, it makes for comedic zig-zagging like Neo/The Flash and doesn't belong in the game IMO

Also being able to go from 0-60 instantly isn't great either, there should be some sort of build up before reaching max speed, being able to stop on the spot isn't great but I think the first 2 points are probably the biggest issues with it at the moment!

tobiassolem

The key issue here isn't mobility and movement, in my opinion.

The key issue is doing all of this whilst carrying tons of gear. I mean people are putting icases in backpacks stacking them full of gear, weighing more than reasonably, and sprinting around, sometimes with broken legs... but painkillers still get them moving like a swift cat around the corner, avoiding gunfire.

Aspects like these makes the "hardcore realism" sound more like a dream than reality.

• Upvote 2

onlego

Agree with the majority of the answers, the delay at which we reach full speed on sprinting is ridiculous, the ability to move 360 degree while sprinting as well. Hopefully all of these will be changed in the future to make for a more realistic sprint.

• Upvote 1

eronsdo

Hi
At this point, overweight and inertia penalties is what this game needs. Realism does not spoil any game. It makes it more interesting, strategic and serious. After all, I bought EFT for the concept of realistic shooter (I hope it continues with that purpose).
A well-placed shooter must have greater chances of success when he has the initiative, bullet kills or hurts a lot, no one can dodge bullets, and zigzag makes the game ugly and arcade.

TeasR

i don't like the sprint on the game actually i think as recoil its too much when you max the required skill.

I watched pestily stream recently and he was lvl 70, you can imagine his endurance and strengh lvl, and running fast was a total aspect of his gameplay, and the speed was ridiculous when he was running with a gun however he was wearing big armor, helmet, big weapon in the back, he could literally be faster than a hatchet man on early wipe, he could just full run and jump without having stamina problems, or just take another flank after firing at an enemy in 1min by runing with a gun. It's hard to explain and show how too much it was unfortunately.
He could also, on interchange, manage to jump from second floor to the automatic stairs without breaking his leg ? come on... maybe it has nothing to do with strengh and speed however it obviously help, however it was the skill health or w/e other skill i can't remember that reduce the chance of having a fracture or bleeding. Also i don't like as well the mechanic that is to take a morphin or anything witth the same effect BEFORE jumping from really high and just like jump from there, fall into the ground (having some wounds obviously) but instant start running after that hell of a jump ?
all those things are too much in my opinion.

Edited by TeasR
  • Like 1

MadMax172

Sprinting in this game is straight up trash. Like when i am crouched and slowly sneaking and when some one shoots and i try pressing shift+w it should ducking run. rather than taking like 1 min to stand up and then increasing speed. this game play running and jumping is too much clunky. they need to make it smooth and little bit less annoying. like why cant i jump a 50cm wooden box like wtf. it takes too much. 

Also knifing in this game is soo bad, what is up the stamina. its just non realistic.

SkyCloud
2 hours ago, MadMax172 said:

slowly sneaking and when some one shoots and i try pressing shift+w it should ducking run. rather than taking like 1 min to stand up and then increasing speed.

Actually... NO! What this game need is proper acceleration and deceleration before stopping. You wont be able to sprint immediately when getting shot at while sneaking after someone, best you can do is duck behind the closest cover if you able to get over the shock after that bullet crack and huge bang. Do you know how terrifying that crack is.

sYs
30 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

Actually... NO! What this game need is proper acceleration and deceleration before stopping. You wont be able to sprint immediately when getting shot at while sneaking after someone, best you can do is duck behind the closest cover if you able to get over the shock after that bullet crack and huge bang. Do you know how terrifying that crack is.

Well game has to be a little bit of arcade. Adding max realism not always the best way to go.

What i do agree on is that we need more on hit effects like getting staggered on being hit while running. Bullet packs a punch which we do not feel in this game. 

onlego

Happy to see that I am not the only one feeling annoyed while SPRINTING to escape or while OTHER SPRINTS to escape :)

PardTheTroll

@onlego It is definitely an issue. But so are many others, like body armor protecting each inch of your body and not merely zones. Question is what is easier/faster to "fix" and what are the Devs priorities? Sadly Devs do not engage that much, if at all, on the forum. Only Nikita likes to interact a bit on Reddit, but that's where it ends. Would really like to know what the Devs thinking process is. How do they decide what to do first? 

As for now, we have basic gameplay mechanics, which feel either arcady or incomplete, as the other half of certain mechanics is missing. For me it seems, this is the biggest problems the devs have. Netcode and gameplay mechanics. If I remember correctly, the older unity version held them back, as it didn't provide many (if at all) tools to do things they wanted to. So, they had to write own "tools" which takes time and works half decent. Fingers crossed, the new unity engine (and support from unity devs) helps them to finally make the game they wanted. Faster and better than before!

P.S. Maybe I got a bit off-topic, but thats how I feel when a new thread is created, talking about "broken"/unrealistic mechanics/features in the game. On the one hand it is annoying, when things don't change for the "better" after long time. On the other hand, devs told on multiple occasions, that it is not easy with given tools. Again, fingers crossed for Unity 2018!

Edited by PardTheTroll

onlego
36 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

@onlego It is definitely an issue. But so are many others, like body armor protecting each inch of your body and not merely zones. Question is what is easier/faster to "fix" and what are the Devs priorities? Sadly Devs do not engage that much, if at all, on the forum. Only Nikita likes to interact a bit on Reddit, but that's where it ends. Would really like to know what the Devs thinking process is. How do they decide what to do first? 

As for now, we have basic gameplay mechanics, which feel either arcady or incomplete, as the other half of certain mechanics is missing. For me it seems, this is the biggest problems the devs have. Netcode and gameplay mechanics. If I remember correctly, the older unity version held them back, as it didn't provide many (if at all) tools to do things they wanted to. So, they had to write own "tools" which takes time and works half decent. Fingers crossed, the new unity engine (and support from unity devs) helps them to finally make the game they wanted. Faster and better than before!

P.S. Maybe I got a bit off-topic, but thats how I feel when a new thread is created, talking about "broken"/unrealistic mechanics/features in the game. On the one hand it is annoying, when things don't change for the "better" after long time. On the other hand, devs told on multiple occasions, that it is not easy with given tools. Again, fingers crossed for Unity 2018!

The objective not being to blame anyone but share our thoughts on the question of interest. I am sure these things takes time to fix / update / rework and the devs are probably not happy with some of the game's mechanics states.

Starioshka
On 9/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, Spectator6 said:

I agree! Most of the time the spring speed feels like an unencumbered running speed. When in reality, like you're saying, if we're loaded down with a bunch of weight, shouldn't sprint speed suffer dramatically?

No, only sprint duration. 

Source: ex military machine gunner.