Sign in to follow this  
Yarbay

Sound Location issues

Yarbay

Hi devteam,

which soundcard is best for Tarkov ?

I have the creative sound blaster z and i hear the foot steps from the false direction comming. So which soundcard should i use ?

NakedBTW

It won't matter, it's the sound engine, which will be updated in .13 hopefully.
What I can recommend however, is using stereo sound.

JoJo_Reaper

Tarkov only works in Stereo.

Do not use any of those virtual 7.1 ch options, stick to good'ol stereo, and you will hear directional sound a lot better. 

I am currently using the ASUS Xonar AE with Sony Headphones, in stereo, and both complement each other really well (without breaking the bank..)

I must say, the headset you choose, really makes a difference, instead of getting the cheapest headsets you can, spend a little more, getting one from a reputable brand.

I chose Sony because I know their drivers are really good.

• Like 1

Damiano
On 9/24/2019 at 12:06 PM, Yarbay said:

Hi devteam,

which soundcard is best for Tarkov ?

I have the creative sound blaster z and i hear the foot steps from the false direction comming. So which soundcard should i use ?

As we mentioned many times we know about problems with sound positioning. That's why we plan to implement steam audio.

• Upvote 2

Yarbay
Am 26.9.2019 um 13:54 schrieb JoJo_Reaper:

[...]

I must say, the headset you choose, really makes a difference, instead of getting the cheapest headsets you can, spend a little more, getting one from a reputable brand.

I chose Sony because I know their drivers are really good.

I have the Sennheiser Gaming one Headset i think this is good enough.

JoJo_Reaper
On 9/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, Yarbay said:

I have the Sennheiser Gaming one Headset i think this is good enough.

Ok so, I've established that you have a dedicated soundcard and a decent headset. 

Ignoring (for now) the fact that steam audio is Planned (™) as Damiano has mentioned, I'll try to help resolve (or at the very least, help you understand) your issues.

When you say you hear footsteps coming in a 'false' direction, what do you mean? Hearing left when they're right? Front when they're back?

Were you on a specific map, in a specific place, etc? 

Please explain.

Yarbay
vor 26 Minuten schrieb JoJo_Reaper:

Ok so, I've established that you have a dedicated soundcard and a decent headset. 

Ignoring (for now) the fact that steam audio is Planned (™) as Damiano has mentioned, I'll try to help resolve (or at the very least, help you understand) your issues.

When you say you hear footsteps coming in a 'false' direction, what do you mean? Hearing left when they're right? Front when they're back?

Were you on a specific map, in a specific place, etc? 

Please explain.

Ok i will try to explain, in Factory at the stairs on Scav Spawn side at first floor i hear the steps under the stairs and when i look to another direction the stepsound comes from the left long floor. It was the long floor. In Labs it is impossible to detect which floor the sounds are the same everywhere not silently muted from the walls. Sound options would be nice to set environment and movement sounds perfectly for every map, i mean when i use the ingame headset, my footsteps kills my ears. More Sound Options please.

JoJo_Reaper
On 9/30/2019 at 11:32 AM, Yarbay said:

Ok i will try to explain, in Factory at the stairs on Scav Spawn side at first floor i hear the steps under the stairs and when i look to another direction the stepsound comes from the left long floor. It was the long floor. In Labs it is impossible to detect which floor the sounds are the same everywhere not silently muted from the walls. Sound options would be nice to set environment and movement sounds perfectly for every map, i mean when i use the ingame headset, my footsteps kills my ears. More Sound Options please.

I was half-expecting you to say "Factory stairs"...that area is a really well known (deaf-spot), as there are moments of complete silence, even though someone could be running up those stairs...making it awkward to hold.

Usually the way I read Factory stairs is: (Metal = outside) // (Tiles = Shower rooms) // (Normal footsteps = Long hall) // (Stairs footsteps = deafspot).

For Labs, it is possible to hear someone above you if you are underneath them, (it sounds like muffled footsteps..not perfect..but has worked many times in pinpointing players.

You also really need to get used to the Comtacs / Tac sports / Sordins and never-ever wear the GssH's, all they do is amplify the sound and used to be very good but they 'nerfed' them.

The other 3 suggested, it's up to you if you want to use them, but honestly they give you too much of an advantage in-game to ignore using them....and trust me, you will get used to the sounds of hearing your own footsteps/running with comtacs, after a few raids, you will start to notice out-of-place sounds/noises while running with comtacs/tac-sports-sordins..sounds like someone ADS-ing or a second set of footsteps are the easier ones, but occasionally between running, stop & stand still for 1-2 seconds, then run-stop-run-stop..etc..this is how you really use them effectively.

It's hard to describe it but after a while, your brain automatically shuts out the monotonous sounds of your PMC's footsteps when running, and you gain a heightened awareness for any sound that isn't your footsteps running, but you just have to run with comtacs over & over..and it will come. Promise. :)

saraparker

I am also having issue with my speakers. I changed and checked it is not fixed.