Sign in to follow this  
wardearth

Task Backpack Bug

wardearth

I fell victim to the bug where you lose everything in your backpack when you trade it in to fulfill a task. All my dollars, euros, and rubles, plus keytool and keys. about 20 mil rubles total. Any chance support may be able to roll back my character a day or something? Been trying through support but it seems pretty automated.

It is what it is, i know, but damn that stings.

2019.09.26-11.07.png

• Sad 1

Thormato

You will never get anything back from support when it is your own fault (you also wont get it back when it was a bug, beta and so on)

And you got 20Mio Rubel, and instead of a moneybox, you use a backpack, which you dont even think about when you trade it in as a quest?

Also cool "bug", you pressed on the trader, onto the quest, you selected the backpack, you accepted to give your backpack away, but somehow its the games fault and a bug lul

and to be honest, i dont even believ you that you had 20Mio Ruble

Long Story short, deserved

• Sad 2

DanExert

Hmm, thought the ability to hand in task items with items inside was removed in 11.7 at the latest... 

Interesting 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

wardearth

Nice thormato, you seem like a quality human being. Every sentence you just spew bs. Guess I'm an idiot, for not thinking about what i had in the bag....

Phoenixsui

Happend to me too few wipes back. You can do nothing about it. Wipe is soon, so its not the biggest problem;).

RoosterBooster_

I mean yeah @Thormato might have been overly direct in the answer but he's not wrong. I also did this exact thing cause I had 82 backpacks inside eachother and then valuable items. Thought I would cheat the system by putting the one important bag on my character so it wouldnt show up on the trade in menu... did not work and I traded the wrong bag. Was tragic but I learned my lesson. I think the reason you will get flak for this is just because you inquired about devs rolling back your account to save it. I'm not saying its wrong to request it but it is just beta and there are constant wipes.

There will be many more chance's and a new way's every patch to lose everything you hold dear in this game without even going into a raid. :P Stay tuned my friend, stay tuned

• Like 1

Havaren

I did this myself a while back. nothing major lost, but i learned my lesson.  Insurance also shows, or at least it used to, when handing in items, so i would just insure the bags i wanted to trade in.

RoosterBooster_
11 hours ago, Havaren said:

so i would just insure the bags i wanted to trade in.

Wouldn't the better play there be to insure the bag you don't want to trade? So you aren't just wasting money and also as a lasting indicator that stuff is indeed in the bag?