Jump to content
MoonMoon

Wipes after 0.12?

Recommended Posts

MoonMoon

I tried to look for this in forums, but couldnt. So sorry if its already out there. But ...

... I know about the 0.12 wipe, but is it known how it will be after? Will there still be wipes?

Me and my friend, we stopped playing Tarkov, because we were sick of doing hard work and grind to lose it all again and again. I dont find it funny to be sometimes really frustrated by quest and then relive that again every wipe.

Edited by MoonMoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

Yes, wipes will happen till release. Wipes aren’t arbitrary, they have to happen for testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kondziowy

Wipes will happen at least until 2025 when the game will be almost ready for release.

Best idea is to just play the game and do tasks as secondary objective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonMoon
11 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Yes, wipes will happen till release. Wipes aren’t arbitrary, they have to happen for testing.

Well, later in game state, they would not need to, it seems they made all the hard changes in 0.12.

 

 

2 minutes ago, kondziowy said:

Wipes will happen at least until 2025 when the game will be almost ready for release.

Best idea is to just play the game and do tasks as secondary objective.

But whats the point then? If not doing reputation, as thats the only thing that actually stays after wipe?

Edited by MoonMoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kondziowy

I also think they should reward old players with something. 

But at the same time - what is the point of playing Rust if everything gets wiped after 1 week. 

The point is, just to play :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
8 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

Well, later in game state, they would not need to, it seems they made all the hard changes in 0.12.

Changes to quests are a reason wipes happen though it’s not limited to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonMoon
Just now, kondziowy said:

I also think they should reward old players with something. 

But at the same time - what is the point of playing Rust if everything gets wiped after 1 week. 

The point is, just to play :D

I dont play Rust, because how bad the mechanics are :D

But in a game, that whole objective is gather loot and reputation, I dont see why wipes should be still there (and lets not put a beta sticker on this game, lets not be fooled by it, this is basicly released game by all means, its just very buggy)

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

But in a game, that whole objective is gather loot and reputation, I dont see why wipes should be still there (and lets not put a beta sticker on this game, lets not be fooled by it, this is basicly released game by all means, its just very buggy)

The game doesn’t even have it’s story yet and meta will change drastically.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonMoon
2 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Changes to quests are a reason wipes happen though it’s not limited to that.

Just because you change a quest or two, is not a reason for a wipe. Or the change in pricing (big ones) should even happen at this point (its been a while since this was released, they should know about their ingame economics)

1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

The game doesn’t even have it’s story yet.

Maybe, but Im not interested doing story in this setup, that should be standalone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
9 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

Just because you change a quest or two, is not a reason for a wipe. Or the change in pricing (big ones) should even happen at this point (its been a while since this was released, they should know about their ingame economics)

Why are you trying to speak from a position you don't hold?

 

9 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

Maybe, but Im not interested doing story in this setup, that should be standalone.

You're not the only one who plays the game, don't act so condescending.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonMoon
Just now, Maki_Nishikino said:

Empty talk.

 

You're not the only one who plays the game, don't act so condescending.

I mean, look at WoW for example, there has been so much change in quests, economics and mechanics, so much that its completely different game since start, but you dont see a wipe every expansion. Bit far fetched but thats the truth.

Or look at Star Citizen, even they want to stop doing wipes because of repetetive grind every wipe and that game has barely status "alpha".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
6 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

I mean, look at WoW for example, there has been so much change in quests, economics and mechanics, so much that its completely different game since start, but you dont see a wipe every expansion. Bit far fetched but thats the truth.

Or look at Star Citizen, even they want to stop doing wipes because of repetetive grind every wipe and that game has barely status "alpha".

Late on my edit and I think it goes well with this comment.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonMoon
1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Late on my edit and I think it goes well with this comment.

I dont see how, I gave examples.
And yet you have need to point it on my "ego"? Because sure, Im the only one who thinks that way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

Just type "wipe" in the search, the subject of wipes has been discussed ad nauseam. You're bound to find out why they happen in greater detail than what I have aforementioned.

With that said...

GIB WIPE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phoenixsui

@MoonMoon WoW wipes different. Instead of taking your gear and resetting your lvl they increase max lvl and make old gear useless. Gear gets even useless with every new raid or raiddifficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superbenke
35 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

I mean, look at WoW for example, there has been so much change in quests, economics and mechanics, so much that its completely different game since start, but you dont see a wipe every expansion. Bit far fetched but thats the truth.

You're comparing a released product with something in development.
How many times do you think they wiped the test accounts while the game and expansions where in development?

And as said before, there will not be wipes when the game is released even when/if new content is added.

36 minutes ago, MoonMoon said:

Or look at Star Citizen, even they want to stop doing wipes because of repetetive grind every wipe and that game has barely status "alpha".

I love when people bring up this game which is one of the worst development stories in the gaming industry.
At least they are starting to get something together after $250M+ and being in development since 2011 so there is some hope.
They are still trying to wipe peoples wallets tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r3L4xLT

Hello guys I'm pretty new to game. If I will gonna buy Edge of Darkness Limited Edition I will gonna get all stuff every wipe? I`m talking about Additional equipment and resources in stash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zylon862up6
5 hours ago, r3L4xLT said:

Hello guys I'm pretty new to game. If I will gonna buy Edge of Darkness Limited Edition I will gonna get all stuff every wipe? I`m talking about Additional equipment and resources in stash.

You keep all your initial items that came with the edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer05
On 1/9/2020 at 12:50 PM, Zylon862up6 said:

You keep all your initial items that came with the edition.

I'm thinking about buying it myself. So I just want to confirm.

When a wipe occurs, all progress and equipment is reset/removed? With the exception of the equipment/trader standing/etc. from the pre-order bonuses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WintersWolfcry
10 hours ago, Wanderer05 said:

I'm thinking about buying it myself. So I just want to confirm.

When a wipe occurs, all progress and equipment is reset/removed? With the exception of the equipment/trader standing/etc. from the pre-order bonuses?

Correct.

Your account is reset to day 1. You will receive the starting gear that comes with your edition of the game, but all other progress and gear will be gone. It will be as if you just purchased the game brand new. 

Hope this clarifies your question! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer05
On 1/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, WintersWolfcry said:

Correct.

Your account is reset to day 1. You will receive the starting gear that comes with your edition of the game, but all other progress and gear will be gone. It will be as if you just purchased the game brand new. 

Hope this clarifies your question! :D

Yes it does. Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2