BESK

Will 0.12 give a performance boost?

BESK

Question to the devs: Will we see a significant performance boost going from 0.11.7 to 0.12?

Spectator6
Posted (edited)

Hello @BESK!

No one really knows. Significant? Probably not. But there could be a minor performance improvement. IIRC, Unity 2018 allows for texture streaming which can yield good results in and of itself.

From what I gather, 0.12 represents the initial migration to the new engine. Once they get it up and at'em for a bit and iron out the kinks, that's when they'll start optimizing, add in some new graphics features, etc. That's when we'll likely start to see them carve out more significant gains.

Now, if you're talking specifically about stutters, then that's likely a different thing altogether. And hopefully (fingers crossed), Unity 2018 will help there.

Take this all with a grain of salt, I'm just paraphrasing based on what I remember off the top of my head...

Edited by Spectator6
  • Like 1

BrettB

The new engine is certainly more efficient. It will take more advantage of the new PC technologies and I think there will be a performance increase.

My opinion only. If anything it will make the experience more consistant. IE less frame dumps and so on.

Zombrii

Well they are upgrading the unity engine, they are doing something different with grass rendering and grass animation. So i have heard, but well we will see!

johncage213

no one care about grass

• Sad 2

dskpnk
17 hours ago, johncage213 said:

no one care about grass

only you don't care about it, if you doesn't understand importance of this kind of stuff in a milsim, can't do anything for you...

ShiroTenshi

It certainly is planned to increase performance but how much exactly is not really known. While some things are being improved, others are being added that may use up some of that added performance boost (like the 200m grass rendering distance, for example).

In the end how much the performance will increase is something that we will have tot est to see.