Sign in to follow this  
bcham

uninstall now or wait until wipe

bcham

hi.  just thinking im not playing again until the 0.12 patch, will the patch uninstall my game,then reinstall it, or should i just uninstall it now then after patch reinstall.

ShiroTenshi

Patch should only replace the files that have been changed. So uninstalling will lead to having to download a bigger file.

KugelFanger
20 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Patch should only replace the files that have been changed. So uninstalling will lead to having to download a bigger file.

you do know that lots of people are having issue's with downloading new patches...That is why a common recommendation is a fresh install, meaning that you uninstall and reinstall.

• Upvote 1

FlyMan

uninstall and never install again

• Sad 3

ShiroTenshi
3 hours ago, KugelFanger said:

you do know that lots of people are having issue's with downloading new patches...That is why a common recommendation is a fresh install, meaning that you uninstall and reinstall.

Well i know some people recommend that, and some even doe it because they believe it leads to a more stable installation, but i didn't think it was that big of an issue. And i also know some people have issues downloading it, but then this becomes true for both a fresh download or the patch download since they are both on the same server and accessed in the same way.

Download issues have nothing to do with the installation. It is an issue with the connection either on the persons end, somewhere in between or BSGs.

TUALMASOK
6 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Isn't this an engine update as well though? Everything that had to be modified to work with the new engine version will have to be downloaded again. I don't think this patch with insubstantial.

Mr_Cookie1311

You are better off just uninstalling and redownloading it completely, you won't have any desync/issue's regarding other players that have "Updated". 

Clean fresh reinstall is better than replacing the files

KugelFanger
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Well i know some people recommend that, and some even doe it because they believe it leads to a more stable installation, but i didn't think it was that big of an issue. And i also know some people have issues downloading it, but then this becomes true for both a fresh download or the patch download since they are both on the same server and accessed in the same way.

Download issues have nothing to do with the installation. It is an issue with the connection either on the persons end, somewhere in between or BSGs.

Not talking about download problems, i am talking about corrupted files or the game just not starting at all. I encounterd it once, but chalked it down to a error on my end. But i heard more people having trouble with that on new patches.

Trouble downloading a new patch has always been the case with a new patch the first few hours, so that probably due to server overload.

Edit: aah i see what i did, i worded it wrong. I meant dowloading as in corrupting files they should not have.

Edited by KugelFanger

RainmakerM4

I never needed to remove and reinstall the game since the very first public alpha build. What are you guys even doing to duck up your installation on the update?

Zombrii

With that logic You guys should also do the same thing with Windows 10, every update just remove your OS and do a fresh install! 💩

• Hot 1

bcham

i noticed last year my install size was around 30 gig on my ssd after reinstalling windows 10 on a new pc then a fresh install it was half the size,