Cyver

Pre-Wipe Event plans for the next days!

Yarbay
vor 53 Minuten schrieb KillerBD:

This means everyone will start as level 1 players? Or just your gear gets wiped?

I think every player starts at level 1 but not the Raiders. Only the Raiders will have max skills they cant level up.

HijackDallas
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Yarbay:

I think every player starts at level 1 but not the Raiders. Only the Raiders will have max skills they cant level up.

The only nerf they get is to act more naturally as former PMC. Actually, that is not a nerf, more an upgrade.

And could you please stop nagging about the bots. You allready state your opinion. You want Scav-bot to loot your stuff, to act more than player.... and Nikita said, that will come or more they will loot stuff from dead player PMC or Scav, but that loot will never go into some one´s stash.

All Scavs will act normally, if they aren´d in combat, like sitting around a bonfire.

Right now your pissed about the Raiders, but wait for the Cultist.... they will stab you into your back. They hunt you down. Every PMC will be hunted.

• Upvote 1

ArgVarg

Before the pre-wipe event everyone is complaining on the forums about how everything is the same and they want something new to Tarkov. Now that the pre-wipe event is announced everyone is even more pissed something in the game has changed. This is hilarious. 😂

• Upvote 4

Cyver

Attention!

In about an hour the third event will be started.

Secured container event - You will not be able to put anything in during raid. Raiders and economy event remains on.

• Like 3
  • Hot 2
  • Sad 2

Yarbay
vor 7 Stunden schrieb HijackDallas:

The only nerf they get is to act more naturally as former PMC. Actually, that is not a nerf, more an upgrade.

And could you please stop nagging about the bots. You allready state your opinion. You want Scav-bot to loot your stuff, to act more than player.... and Nikita said, that will come or more they will loot stuff from dead player PMC or Scav, but that loot will never go into some one´s stash.

All Scavs will act normally, if they aren´d in combat, like sitting around a bonfire.

Right now your pissed about the Raiders, but wait for the Cultist.... they will stab you into your back. They hunt you down. Every PMC will be hunted.

I think the Killa in interchange is a cultist right ?

Gabba54610

I m just waiting for the patchnote! Hope the update will drop before the week end! 

• Upvote 1

HijackDallas
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Yarbay:

I think the Killa in interchange is a cultist right ?

No

I think, he was just an Lord Tachanka player.

Cultist are wearing capes and they have wierd knifes cfa9d087261a5e21128d92cd07f102ea.png

They prefere stealth, thier creed are night attacks

Edited by HijackDallas

Darkmonkeyboy
1 hour ago, Gabba54610 said:

I m just waiting for the patchnote! Hope the update will drop before the week end! 

So do I but its doubtful. Each event is 3 days, meaning 6 days from now should drop, we are also yet without patch notes, but agreed many think it's this up coming Thursday, maybe event 3 won't last long as kinda pointless this stage in game and won't affect many... Just use mine for grenades. And would rather more time on event 4 than event 3 

Madiakz
5 minutes ago, Darkmonkeyboy said:

So do I but its doubtful. Each event is 3 days, meaning 6 days from now should drop, we are also yet without patch notes, but agreed many think it's this up coming Thursday, maybe event 3 won't last long as kinda pointless this stage in game and won't affect many... Just use mine for grenades. And would rather more time on event 4 than event 3 

Each event is 3 days? Event 1 was Friday, 2 Saturday and 3 Monday, certainly not 3 days each my man! 😁 

• Like 2

SmugDoodleBug
On 10/13/2019 at 4:42 AM, Sckizman said:

Im fairly fresh too, And honestly.. This game is bullshit.. But at the same time i absolutely love it.

The only thing with this event that is kinda... not thought thru, is the fence event..
If you really want to see how a "player-based economy" system would work.. You should do it on the start of a wipe for a cpl of months.
Only way to see if it would work or not. 

And for you people complaining about the AI.. I killed 9 raiders on interchange in rapid succession with a grach.. And another time i died before i even spotted a raider with a full kit.. Its part of the cycle, they happend to have less information about me the first time, and i had less information about them the second time, all there is to it.

I definitely agree that SC need to be limited at the START of 0.12. Others have already said it, but I'd like to reiterate: you will barely learn anything because not as many people are concerned about looting. People who rely on hatchet runs likely die...a lot. Due to the difficulty of the raiders (difficulty considering their playstyle), they likely just won't play, so they'll have money still around for the last event where everything is dirt-cheap.

Please limit the SC at the beginning of 0.12!

Iteration
On 10/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, Leitbild said:

I am a Seasoned Veteran in this game. Playing since 2017. I´ve seen so much change in this game allready. Stop trying to argue about the Event, it will lead to nothing. If you´re that much triggered by this 2/3 day situation go play something else in the Meantime like alot of other folks allready do or bite the Pillow.

Where do you read I'm triggered? I'm not throwing a hissy fit, unlike what your post actually seems to imply you do. I'm commenting on the event in relation to it being the new hypothetical status-quo, and like @NazT_DragN mentions afterwards, such a state would fail miserably for EFT as the current in-raid loot tables doesn't support such an economy without the help of the traders.

So unless the Devs really want to severely change the entire foundation of this loot'n'shoot mil sim, then I think there needs to happen some other big changes before that is realistic.

I actually forgot to mention that without the traders as a focus point for conveniently getting items, where would the quest system be left? Right now you do quests to get loyalty to unlock more and better items, and to a certain degree to gain experience points. If you remove the traders' ability to sell (and buy) items, would people still do the quests? My guess would be that a large portion of the community would simply not care, if they gained nothing else but experience and a few reward items like it is now.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:17 AM, HijackDallas said:

Drop down and shoting in the same time... that sucks but that is nothing special.

10 rounds in 2 seconds.... full auto?

180ies direct in the head.... did you see CS:GO like player who tried 360ies. Yeah both suck, especially, if the player trying to act like a rabbit. So... there is the irony? Both are unrealistic

Aim look by the Raiders.... that is not a real point.   just jump behind a car and i knew, you have only 2 way´s to get away, if there is a wall behnd the car. All I need is to wait. And if I had a mate or 2, than you´re screwed. 1 Flash and you died in agony.

Sniper-Scavs with god like sniping-skills... to be honest, I never encounter the sniper of Costums in the past. They there god like, I heard the old story´s. They could aim look at you over 200m or more If you wanted to go to the dorms on the farthest wall of the map, just 150m from the constructionsite, the sniper could kill you easiely, even through bushes. THAT is, there you will complain.

Yes, the bots need some adjustments, but I´ve seen many time, that they stand on the same spot, just ready to kill them and after some adjustments they act like a T800. For my self I think, all bots are good.
So adapt to new options quickly like sniping on long range, pushing on short range or throw nades on thier locations. Stop complaing, the fiend are hacking, because of your lack of imagination.

Drop shooting has been pointed out for a long time to be an impossible thing to accurately do, but the bots do it from time to time. I don't do drop shooting, so I don't know the actual state of its viability* in-game (not realistically) but I am convinced it was supposed to be removed/softlocked. Kinda in the same way that point firing have had accuracy changes to make it less appealing.

10 rounds in 2 seconds while dropping prone is unrealistic. That's what I said and that's my point.

You can't sensibly compare CS:GO with what EFT strives to be. However there's an "issue" with weight in EFT. Basically you can spin on your heels like you were standing on a well lubricated rotating disc. It is this way to avoid the game's mechanics to impact the player's ability to move and react. The idea being that the movement of a mouse/cursor simulates the movement of your body. It's not perfect but until you have perfect 3D virtual reality, you cannot reasonably have it very differently.

However a Raider looking the opposite direction and "minding his own business", suddenly without warning (I didn't shoot and no noise was near me) he turns and starts firing, hitting me in the head as the first thing I could notice. That is not realistic and implies the raiders have a 6th sense where they spot you if you are in 360-view of their position, regardless of their actual facing and view angle.

The point about locking on through line-of-sight breaking obstacles is that, a player would have object permanence and know you're behind that cover and where you would likely be popping out. But they cannot know where and when. The raiders can while locked on.

Lets take your example with one hiding behind a car. The hider have limited cover and generally can only move left or right behind the car. However the hider can pop up over the hood or the trunk. You can stand up in the middle and try to shoot directly through the windows of the car. Just because the on-looker knows you are behind the car, they don't know exactly where you're at, and that can make all the difference.

Take another example of a 5 meter wide wall that fully covers head-to-toe. One player is behind the wall, the other is out in the open. The one behind the wall has the advantage because he chooses where he peaks and the other player has to guess timing and position all the time. The one behind the wall may stand tall while he peaks or he could be crouched.

Another thing to take into consideration is reaction time. From the moment either player sees the other, they have a reaction time before they open fire. Raiders in general have no reaction time whilst locked on. Which is why it may feel like they pre-fire corners you peak, because they register your arm before you get a chance to even see past the corner, even while slanting.

As for the godlike snipers, if you played when Labs first came out, you would know what I'm talking about. They had lightning fast reflexes and often shot in the head on their first spray. They were quite difficult to deal with and in general people feared going in any open space because they could just randomly get head tapped from a Raider across the larger halls, and that was the norm if they spotted you.

If you take that type of raider and removed the range restriction on their detection and put it on an open map like Woods, you would likely not have a very high survival rate, no matter how seasoned a player you were. If you took the current raider and removed the range restriction, you would still have a very hard time.

I don't think I portrayed the Raiders as invincible killing machines and did say there were things you could goof them with, given their AI. I'm not saying burn the devs because they haven't fixed the raiders, I just said they still needs work. And implying that you should just (I'm caricaturing here) "shut up and git gud", leads nowhere, when we're here to provide feedback for a game in development.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:17 AM, HijackDallas said:

I found several times 5.56x45mm (5.56 Ball palck 30 rounds, loose M855 or 55HP) and 9x39mm (loose SP-5)on some locations on Costums or Shoreline. I found even 4.7x30mm round some times in-Raid.

Alu-splints only in labs? just go into ressort room 216 west wing or 226 in the eat wing

Sure, you can find 5.56 ammo packs, but nowhere near the frequency at which you can reliably stock your 5.56 weapons with ammo. 5.45 is pretty decent and you often find ammo packs, enough to sustain your weapons if you fire a little sparingly.

9x18 and 9x19 are actually kinda lacking, mostly because you only find packs of 18 cartridges and the guns that use them (outside pistols) eats them up like fire burns clouds of flour.

The game would need to reliably supply the use of the guns in the game for a trader-less economy to function or risk every gun but those that you reliably can fill, wont be worth anything because you cannot fire them. Then what's the point of diversity?

I challenge you to note how many 5.56 ammo packs you find in-raid from now and until the wipe. Note how many raids you've been in, and how many of those packs you find. There's no way to verify your findings, but I would be surprised if you find more than 1 pack for every 5 raids.

I think for all the raids I've been in during this patch, I've found less than 30 packs over 800+ raids, and I often check ammo stashes or places where ammo spawns. I've found more packs of 9x39, mostly on Labs though, than I have of 5.56.

Edited by Iteration
  • Sad 1

RonWonkers
В 10.10.2019 в 11:07, Dirty_Fuzzy сказал:

why not limit. on what you can put in container. there are gonna be alot of people who won't make alot of money

Welcome to standard edition players.. lmao get used to it

Zombrii

You'll get used to it, i think it's a great addition

Jamo95
13 hours ago, RonWonkers said:

Welcome to standard edition players.. lmao get used to it

But at the end of the day people paid money and for extra things in game and a secure container was one of those things

Zombrii
10 minutes ago, Jamo95 said:

But at the end of the day people paid money and for extra things in game and a secure container was one of those things

The Secure container isn't something extra, just a bigger version of what is available to everyone in the game. You only get a head start for having EOD for example.

Awake
21 hours ago, Madiakz said:

Each event is 3 days? Event 1 was Friday, 2 Saturday and 3 Monday, certainly not 3 days each my man! 😁 

According to the news ticker event 1 was Wednesday, 2 on Friday and 3 on Monday. So 2-3 days 

Madiakz
15 minutes ago, Awake said:

According to the news ticker event 1 was Wednesday, 2 on Friday and 3 on Monday. So 2-3 days 

I stand corrected my man, I am a meat popsicle 😬

Jamo95
1 hour ago, Zombrii said:

The Secure container isn't something extra, just a bigger version of what is available to everyone in the game. You only get a head start for having EOD for example.

I stand corrected.. didnt read through everything properly..  But i think getting rid of it would be a bad move.

• Upvote 1

Zombrii
2 minutes ago, Jamo95 said:

I stand corrected.. didnt read through everything properly..  But i think getting rid of it would be a bad move.

Maybe limit on what you can put in a container?
Like dogtags, keys

N0PEY0UDIE
1 hour ago, Jamo95 said:

And you still have the extra things, what people are getting is no different. Just the use of said things. 

its still a secure container. 

Awake

In my opinion the secure containers should be removed completely. They are completely the opposite of what this game is meant to be. I can understand that at the moment one wants to have a safe way to carry the incredibly expensive keys, but this could be solved by some balancing: make keys more obtainable but let them have a chance to break everytime you use them. This also means that loot behind locked doors have to be more valueable but not by increasing the loot but making it unobtainable by traders. 

Removing the secure container and making gear less easy to obtain from traders would solve (in my opinion) one gigantic problem the eft late game has: the lack of excitement and joy when dropping and looting a geared player. Not only can’t he hide his valueable stuff in his sc from you anymore, but also his gear would be worth more. Let‘s be honest, the current late game is all about buying full awesome gear from traders, kill people in raid and loot their granades/attachments, ignore everything else, sell this stuff and buy new gear from traders in case you die. 0 excitement because gear isn’t worth anything.

ps: don’t just see a remove of the sc as ‚I will lose my keys, that sucks‘ but rather as ‚I can find keys on pmcs which I hunt down, that’s awesome‘

Edited by Awake
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

KimiFelipe
On 10/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, Cyver said:

and economy event remains on.

Currently, traders other than Fence are returning. Is the economy event finished? Please announce.

WIZzAxD
1 hour ago, KimiFelipe said:

Currently, traders other than Fence are returning. Is the economy event finished? Please announce.

I'm quite sure it's just a bug since the prices of the items aren't any cheaper than normal

KimiFelipe
28 minutes ago, WIZzAxD said:

I'm quite sure it's just a bug since the prices of the items aren't any cheaper than normal

Or maybe the economy event was unpopular? ... I had been doing my best to survive!😕

ShiroTenshi
4 minutes ago, KimiFelipe said:

Or maybe the economy event was unpopular? ... I had been doing my best to survive!😕

No it just ran it's course and was reverted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1