Sign in to follow this  
rbreece

Changes to Insurace System(Returns for Lost Items)

rbreece

Hey battlestate, first off congrats on getting 0.12 all squared away and ready to go, thank you for all your hard work on this game.

Alright, in reference to my thread title, id like to propose some small changes to the insurance system.

To start, its already got a great starting point where if things are found by the searchers then you get that stuff back, but id like to see something different in regards to when items are not found. The biggest thing is placing insurance on items you really want back, but only recieving the items that didnt matter to you. So what basically happens, not only are you out the cash you may have used to put that weapon + mags + attachents etc together, you also get zero return for even bothering with the Insurance in the first place.

It makes using the system kinda irrelevant, especially when running higher end gear that always gets taken. Id like to propose some type of return for lost gear in the form of cash in a percentage of the overall value of the item that was lost/taken. For example, you go into raid with a relatively expensive kit(Built M4A1, MK3 Rig, Gen4 Assault, OpsCore/Airframe, Attack2, and a couple 60s with M995 ammo). Youre talking anywhere from 450,000 to 800,000 in rubles for said kit, with a good majority being in the rifle itself. So well say the rifle was about 350,000 rubles all togther with mags and ammo taken with. if thats all taken and you paid for the items to be insured, then you would get a return from the insurer at like 40% of the overall value of the item from Prapor(140,000 rubles) and maybe 60% of the overall value of the item from Therapist(210,000 rubles) since shes more expensive to insure with. The normal wait times for each insurer could stay the same since they both have their own benefits according to price, but a way to balance this new addition would be to make it where youd have to pay for the insurance every raid, that way youre not paying one price for infinite insurance until death. 

Something like this would make the insurance system far more useful and practical, as players could get returns from items lost or taken, and make higher end loot more fun to take into raids.

Just a random idea i had while running some raids this morning, let me know what you guys think. 

• Like 1

N1shazu
4 hours ago, rbreece said:

It makes using the system kinda irrelevant, especially when running higher end gear that always gets taken

Simply don’t get killed. I think it is fine as it is.

Sir_Mossy
6 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

Simply don’t get killed. I think it is fine as it is.

Not only that, but there's really only two scenarios where using insurance solo is helpful in any way. It's useful if you find an upgrade to your current gear and toss out your insured gear to get it back or if you die in the corner of the map to a SCAV/thirst and nobody ever finds your body. There is practically a 0% chance that, if you get killed by another player, you will get anything decent back.

Insurance really shines when you play with a group, since a friend can ditch the gear and you get it back. Solo is much more of a toss-up, since most situations you'd end up dying in would be in favor of you losing your stuff.

N1shazu
25 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Not only that, but there's really only two scenarios where using insurance solo is helpful in any way. It's useful if you find an upgrade to your current gear and toss out your insured gear to get it back or if you die in the corner of the map to a SCAV/thirst and nobody ever finds your body. There is practically a 0% chance that, if you get killed by another player, you will get anything decent back.

Insurance really shines when you play with a group, since a friend can ditch the gear and you get it back. Solo is much more of a toss-up, since most situations you'd end up dying in would be in favor of you losing your stuff.

Fair enough, but I do not agree with the fact that you should get something in return when your insured stuff get looted. Insurance was implemented as an anti frustration mechanism just like secure containers, yes, but Prapor and therapist are not banks. It’s Tarkov after all innit?

Sir_Mossy
On 10/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, N1shazu said:

Fair enough, but I do not agree with the fact that you should get something in return when your insured stuff get looted. Insurance was implemented as an anti frustration mechanism just like secure containers, yes, but Prapor and therapist are not banks. It’s Tarkov after all innit?

I'm not for a reward regardless of outcome either. If someone gets your loot and extracts with it, I see no issue with not getting anything out of it. While I can imagine it being frustrating to see dozens of vests/magazines and nothing else coming in with your insurance, that just is how it is.

Madiakz

Prapor is already a dodgy character in my eyes, if he can't find my gear, but offers to give me some cash instead, I'd be highly suspicious 😉

Zombrii

So i pay money (10-20%) to get the items insured, then i get money (40%) back from insurance?