l0n3w0lf464

What is with the devs incompetence as of late?

l0n3w0lf464

So I bought what looked to be a pretty intense, action packed game about a month ago in spite of it being in Beta because to me it looked like it had the makings of being the kind of game I could really devote some time to and enjoy not to mention it ran pretty solid on my 5 year old rig with a 1060 with most of the eye candy turned up as well...and it was fun in the beginning but then came all the negatives and I'm just glad I didn't upgrade my edition a couple weeks ago because it is now practically unplayable.  "Matching" as of late takes on average 15 minutes sometimes less but mostly longer and then 9 times outta 10 I get "back end errors" or "server disconnected" and have to do it all over again. I mostly play as a scav because I was new and wanted to learn the ropes. Made sense right?  Well if it's going to take a f-ing hour to get into a game which for me on average typically ended by getting shot as soon as I spawned on a map without a chance to defend myself  why waste another second on this game?  What baffles me is this is the exact same version I started playing when I first bought it a month ago and yet these issues just started popping up a week or so ago.  Now today to add insult to injury I get this moronic scrolling message in red on the battle games loader stating "Attention! Events are taking place in the game Raiders on locations! Traders not available. Only Fence has basic items up for sale. You cant put items in a secure container during a raid" as if the devs have no control over any of this.  The "matching" and getting sniped as soon as I spawned on a map was bad enough but if this is the new norm I'd like to get my hard earned $50 back on this sad excuse and poorly executed game whether it be beta or not... 

• Sad 3

l0n3w0lf464

**BUMP** ...I guess the topic is too "controversial" for someone to comment on?  No one thinks waiting an hour to play for what may be less than a minute in the game is an issue?  ANYONE REAL out there care to respond?

• Sad 2

Madiakz
37 minutes ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

So I bought what looked to be a pretty intense, action packed game about a month ago in spite of it being in Beta because to me it looked like it had the makings of being the kind of game I could really devote some time to and enjoy not to mention it ran pretty solid on my 5 year old rig with a 1060 with most of the eye candy turned up as well...and it was fun in the beginning but then came all the negatives and I'm just glad I didn't upgrade my edition a couple weeks ago because it is now practically unplayable.  "Matching" as of late takes on average 15 minutes sometimes less but mostly longer and then 9 times outta 10 I get "back end errors" or "server disconnected" and have to do it all over again. I mostly play as a scav because I was new and wanted to learn the ropes. Made sense right?  Well if it's going to take a f-ing hour to get into a game which for me on average typically ended by getting shot as soon as I spawned on a map without a chance to defend myself  why waste another second on this game?  What baffles me is this is the exact same version I started playing when I first bought it a month ago and yet these issues just started popping up a week or so ago.  Now today to add insult to injury I get this moronic scrolling message in red on the battle games loader stating "Attention! Events are taking place in the game Raiders on locations! Traders not available. Only Fence has basic items up for sale. You cant put items in a secure container during a raid" as if the devs have no control over any of this.  The "matching" and getting sniped as soon as I spawned on a map was bad enough but if this is the new norm I'd like to get my hard earned $50 back on this sad excuse and poorly executed game whether it be beta or not... 

Hello @l0n3w0lf464

What servers are you set to? As they certainly shouldn't be taking that long. With regards to the notification, it is there to announce the pre-wipe events that have been on over the last few days, as some players thought it was a bug and not intentional.

The game is not refundable I'm afraid. Calling the devs incompetent is also pretty harsh, considering it is yourself that is not up to date on what is happening at the moment. 

l0n3w0lf464
1 minute ago, Madiakz said:

Hello @l0n3w0lf464

What servers are you set to? As they certainly shouldn't be taking that long. With regards to the notification, it is there to announce the pre-wipe events that have been on over the last few days, as some players thought it was a bug and not intentional.

The game is not refundable I'm afraid. Calling the devs incompetent is also pretty harsh, considering it is yourself that is not up to date on what is happening at the moment. 

Appreciate the reply and perhaps the title is a bit harsh but the experience as of late with this game has been anything but pleasant in fact it has been down right intolerable.  Initially I had the local server in Miami which I pinged the best on as my only server and that worked fine until it didn't. So I selected four or five more all in the usa all pinging <75 so I don't think that is the issue.  Any other suggestions and can you enlighten me as to why it would be possible to be spawned right in front of someone and not even have the time to return fire or defend myself and this happens more times than it doesn't sadly....

Madiakz
1 minute ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

Appreciate the reply and perhaps the title is a bit harsh but the experience as of late with this game has been anything but pleasant in fact it has been down right intolerable.  Initially I had the local server in Miami which I pinged the best on as my only server and that worked fine until it didn't. So I selected four or five more all in the usa all pinging <75 so I don't think that is the issue.  Any other suggestions and can you enlighten me as to why it would be possible to be spawned right in front of someone and not even have the time to return fire or defend myself and this happens more times than it doesn't sadly....

I would set the servers to auto, that is usually the best option, selecting fewer will increase matching as you are restricting possible games. Spawns are still being worked on, late spawning can happen also, but if playing as a scav you may spawn near another player scav who will just kill you for the loot. PC performance can impact on spawning at times, things like 16GB RAM, SSD drive and internet connection can affect it, setting a paging file can also help. 

• Upvote 1

l0n3w0lf464

Good to know and ill try setting it to "auto" and hopefully it'll help.  I want to remain positive but when you spend a few hours and get maybe 5 minutes of game time I don't think my response is atypical.  BTW I have an I7, 1060 6gb, 16GB ddr3 and SSD and I was pinging a solid 20ms with Miami. 

l0n3w0lf464

well it didn't help t-minus 5 minutes of "matching" and still counting

Madiakz
5 minutes ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

well it didn't help t-minus 5 minutes of "matching" and still counting

This is as a scav right? Try your PMC, with little gear at the moment, everyone is playing their scav, so fewer spaces. 

GhostZ69

Unfortunately nothing will help right now.  The game is just in a REALLY bad place and most people just cant be bothered with rather terrible "pre-wipe events."  During the first part we had ~10 people on through most of the day.  We are pretty much empty right now.  Not many people are enjoying this phase.

wtornado

I tried one last time and just got one shotted again.

Just let the yolo"s with tons of money and equipment fight it out.

I will wait for the reset that was the last try.

Can't wait ti start over.

Phoenixsui

Since you cant buy stuff except from Fence, players tend to join as scavs and therefore not many slots are available. Scavs need a double or tripple respawn time anyways in my opinion. Players should Play their PMC more.
Selecting Auto Server or as many as possible with good pings is important in such scenarios.
Play as PMC and you dont have these waiting times.
Latespawns can lead to close spawns to enemys. But as PMC it shouldnt happen as much. In fact i never experienced it. I have almost 800 raids this wipe.
Computer performance is important in Tarkov to have a good experience. Maybe in 1 week or so when 0.12 drops it is better, who knows.
Just wait for the events to end if you dont enjoy it. It is only one more out of 4 phases then patch should drop. So far every few days one Event phase went on.
But also i would suggest to write in a more constructiv and mannered way if you want responses or at least constructiv answers.

Thanks and have fun.

l0n3w0lf464

Last attempt a few minutes ago took 30 minutes to join and gameplay lasted <5 min.....the game should not be crippled like this due to a reset or whatever you want to label it.  and if the devs cannot handle criticisim perhaos they should not have released the game to the public in such ann unpolished state. i am unable to play and this is obviously not an isolated experience.  i regret spending one dime on this game

TUALMASOK
34 minutes ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

Last attempt a few minutes ago took 30 minutes to join and gameplay lasted <5 min.....the game should not be crippled like this due to a reset or whatever you want to label it.  and if the devs cannot handle criticisim perhaos they should not have released the game to the public in such ann unpolished state. i am unable to play and this is obviously not an isolated experience.  i regret spending one dime on this game

You're having time issues getting into games because you are queuing as a scav. There can only be so many player scavs in a raid at any one time, and LOTS of people are doing it at the moment as they want to scav run all the raider gear. The more people that queue to play as a scav, the longer you have to wait.

4 hours ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

What baffles me is this is the exact same version I started playing when I first bought it a month ago and yet these issues just started popping up a week or so ago.

It's an event wipe. You weren't experiencing these issues before because less people were playing before the event was announced. Now there are more people you are having the issues you listed. So is everyone else.

5 hours ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

Now today to add insult to injury I get this moronic scrolling message in red on the battle games loader stating "Attention! Events are taking place in the game Raiders on locations! Traders not available. Only Fence has basic items up for sale. You cant put items in a secure container during a raid" as if the devs have no control over any of this.

Of course the devs have control of this. They let us all know a week ago what their plans were. If you don't pay attention, get butthurt, and think you can whine about it without being called out over your lack of attention, then I think the term "moronic" should be redirected.

Would you like to know how to get into a game in under 5 minutes? Play as your PMC. All your gear and experience will be wiped soon, so you literally have nothing to lose. Jump in, have some fun, and experience the wipe. Jumping in as a scav at this point in time is a waste of your time, and mine, as I've had to reply to your post.

ShiroTenshi
17 hours ago, l0n3w0lf464 said:

i regret spending one dime on this game

Have you considered that pre-ordering an unfinished game still in the development stages means that it won't perform like the finished product?

Game is not finished. Things are going to change, there are going to be bugs, errors, glitches, etc. All of this was outlined in the TOS when you pre-ordered.

#locked