5umbuddy

Secure Container out only. (good)

5umbuddy

Hi Everyone (and BSG).

I really like how our secure container is out only.  Things can't go in.  It changed as I played today and the half dozen teammates I played with applauded it too.  It feels great and is easy to get used to.  We all liked how much more engaged we were because we needed to survive.   We also talked at length about how much we liked that hatchet runners can't do that again.   We also could bring out meds and ammo (out only).  Which made sense.  I used my keys, no problem.  I would like to see dog tags only go in but I haven't killed a PMC yet to test if it does that.  If nothing goes in, I'm ok with that.  I think this will be a very good change as too often I found someone who just ran to Shoreline resort, took valuables, disconnected, and I'm standing there over their body without a fight and without a chance to fight for that all important loot.  

Who agrees with me?

Thanks,

S.

• Sad 6
  • Upvote 7

JoeRollz

Its fine now because everyone has most of their quests done and a few key tools full of the essential keys. 

Hatchet runners are a vital part of the economy keeping the cost of quest items well in the range of casual players. Most of those rare keys and quest items will never make it out of raid if it wasn't for the magic boxes. The magic boxes are an economic equalizer preventing the sweat-lords in full kit from taking and controlling all in-raid loot. 

With exit-only certain quest would start at 1million at the start of wipe and still be higher than 1/4m weeks after wipe hurting the communities quest progression as a whole. Only the elites will progress further widening the already insane wealth gaps.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

rasmorak
46 minutes ago, JoeRollz said:

Its fine now because everyone has most of their quests done and a few key tools full of the essential keys. 

Hatchet runners are a vital part of the economy keeping the cost of quest items well in the range of casual players. Most of those rare keys and quest items will never make it out of raid if it wasn't for the magic boxes. The magic boxes are an economic equalizer preventing the sweat-lords in full kit from taking and controlling all in-raid loot. 

With exit-only certain quest would start at 1million at the start of wipe and still be higher than 1/4m weeks after wipe hurting the communities quest progression as a whole. Only the elites will progress further widening the already insane wealth gaps.

Yep. The Tarkov hatchet runners keep the game healthy by preventing gouging on the markets, which keeps reasonable gear within reach of "casual" or "lesser-skilled" players. I know a lot of people like to vocalize how much they hate casual players and casuals are "ruining the game" because they "want Tarkov to be Call of Duty" (lol not even a reasonable subjective statement but w/e) but the truth of multiplayer games is that they live and die by their casual base. Starcraft 2 left the casual players in the dust and ultimate paid the price. Chivalry left their casual players in the dust and it became the same 30 guys 1v1ing over and over. 

Don't hate players for doing hatchet runs because they are ultimately helping you play the game the way you want. I'm skeptical of this SecCon change, and a little worried it could do irreparable damage to the casual base which will ripple out into the hardcore base. Guess we'll find out!

• Upvote 1

Yosugami
3 hours ago, rasmorak said:

Yep. The Tarkov hatchet runners keep the game healthy by preventing gouging on the markets, which keeps reasonable gear within reach of "casual" or "lesser-skilled" players. I know a lot of people like to vocalize how much they hate casual players and casuals are "ruining the game" because they "want Tarkov to be Call of Duty" (lol not even a reasonable subjective statement but w/e) but the truth of multiplayer games is that they live and die by their casual base. Starcraft 2 left the casual players in the dust and ultimate paid the price. Chivalry left their casual players in the dust and it became the same 30 guys 1v1ing over and over. 

Don't hate players for doing hatchet runs because they are ultimately helping you play the game the way you want. I'm skeptical of this SecCon change, and a little worried it could do irreparable damage to the casual base which will ripple out into the hardcore base. Guess we'll find out!

*game the way you want* Because when I am the victor of a raid and all the rare loot is gone is so totally fun guys. It's so fun how im playing a shitty version of the stock market guys when it's supposed to be a shooter not a buy and selling game.

Edited by Yosugami
  • Thanks 1
  • Cold 1

rasmorak
1 hour ago, Yosugami said:

*game the way you want* Because when I am the victor of a raid and all the rare loot is gone is so totally fun guys. It's so fun how im playing a shitty version of the stock market guys when it's supposed to be a shooter not a buy and selling game.

As the victor of the raid, no doubt you killed everyone you came across and ransacked their corpses of all valuables, thereby walking out with far more money than any 3x3 grid could ever provide you :^)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yosugami
9 minutes ago, rasmorak said:

As the victor of the raid, no doubt you killed everyone you came across and ransacked their corpses of all valuables, thereby walking out with far more money than any 3x3 grid could ever provide you :^)

That's true but I wish I could find the rare loot spawns instead of having to buy them...

ParsonsWV
1 hour ago, Yosugami said:

That's true but I wish I could find the rare loot spawns instead of having to buy them...

Go to the rare loot spawns! its not hard. Hatchlings don't automatically spawn closer and give you no chance. Yea they move a little faster but guess what? Your bullet will catch them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sandwichmeister

The sc changes will have a drastic impact after wipe, since people won't be able to safely carry out quest items, keys and high tier loot out of raids. Now everyones settled, flea market is saturated, no big need for quest items and keys

Hatchet key farming will be much harder (which I appreciate) 

Economy will be much harder (survial rate of 30-40% means you either have to do lots of scav runs or be very profitable with the 1/3 raids that you'll survive) (which I also appreciate)

BSG sales of EOD will drop

Sc container change will probably hit the bad and casual players the hardest, widening the gap even more. Don't know if thats intended, but I doubt it to be a very wise move. All the niche games that I've played so far (mostly RTS) that started to focus too much on the hardcore crowd died out pretty fast, simply due to a lack in the playerbase. (which I don't appreciate)

I'm kind of exicted and hope they will carry on with the sc change to the wipe, but also worried at the same time :)

OkruT

SC change is the best change ever made in tarkov.

I think for playerbase more important is performance and smoooth gameplay (omfg this stutters...)...

Zombrii

Not being able to put loot in a container adds to the survival element of EFT.
It will add more fear and carefull gameplay, i like that the implemented this even if i'm not that good.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

TheFondler
13 hours ago, 5umbuddy said:

Hi Everyone (and BSG).

I really like how our secure container is out only.  Things can't go in.  It changed as I played today and the half dozen teammates I played with applauded it too.  It feels great and is easy to get used to.  We all liked how much more engaged we were because we needed to survive.   We also talked at length about how much we liked that hatchet runners can't do that again.   We also could bring out meds and ammo (out only).  Which made sense.  I used my keys, no problem.  I would like to see dog tags only go in but I haven't killed a PMC yet to test if it does that.  If nothing goes in, I'm ok with that.  I think this will be a very good change as too often I found someone who just ran to Shoreline resort, took valuables, disconnected, and I'm standing there over their body without a fight and without a chance to fight for that all important loot.  

Who agrees with me?

Thanks,

S.

half dozen teammates you play with....exactly....not everyone has the benefits of having friends that play with them and so play this game solo. Then you will always lose whatever you looted to the 4-5 man fully geared teams, just simply cause they can keep throwing body's at you till your mag runs dry. 

This is another change appealing only to hardcore and milsim players. It will basically hit the casual players the hardest. I foresee more exit camping in the future, because hey..why would you run through the map and risk being killed, when you can just hide in a bush camping the exit. Interchange for example, that would be the big problem. Customs not that diffrent, you can lock that map down with a team of 4 or 5 easily. 

I don't mind the hatchet runners that much really. You can still beat them to the high loot locations, and tbh you only really see hatchet runners in the beginnen after a whipe, how many hatchet runners did you see before the prewipe event started? I practically saw none. 

Theres other ways of taking care of hatchet runners, 3 story dorms has bots now roaming around, ive ran into plenty dead hatchet runners and pistol lings on the 3rd floor trying to make their way to marked. Honestly, i feel like the hatchet runner problem is blown a bit out of proportion.

OkruT

15 minutes ago, TheFondler said:

half dozen teammates you play with....exactly....not everyone has the benefits of having friends that play with them and so play this game solo. Then you will always lose whatever you looted to the 4-5 man fully geared teams, just simply cause they can keep throwing body's at you till your mag runs dry. 

This is another change appealing only to hardcore and milsim players. It will basically hit the casual players the hardest. I foresee more exit camping in the future, because hey..why would you run through the map and risk being killed, when you can just hide in a bush camping the exit. Interchange for example, that would be the big problem. Customs not that diffrent, you can lock that map down with a team of 4 or 5 easily. 

I don't mind the hatchet runners that much really. You can still beat them to the high loot locations, and tbh you only really see hatchet runners in the beginnen after a whipe, how many hatchet runners did you see before the prewipe event started? I practically saw none. 

Theres other ways of taking care of hatchet runners, 3 story dorms has bots now roaming around, ive ran into plenty dead hatchet runners and pistol lings on the 3rd floor trying to make their way to marked. Honestly, i feel like the hatchet runner problem is blown a bit out of proportion.

another post with another exit camping, when people realize this is not a problem in this game? You can't lock any map, cos you will die again and again... Try it yourselfe.

Edited by OkruT
  • Upvote 1

TheFondler
9 hours ago, OkruT said:

another post with another exit camping, when people realize this is not a problem in this game? You can't lock any map, cos you will die again and again... Try it yourselfe.

I have, with 3 total we were able to lock down Customs.  There has also been plenty of times where i got killed by an exit camper and i have also made myself guilty of this.

How about after the wipe you go try and play factory without a factory key exit. That's usually the prime map to meet exit campers, since you only have one exit.

Yosugami
18 hours ago, ParsonsWV said:

Go to the rare loot spawns! its not hard. Hatchlings don't automatically spawn closer and give you no chance. Yea they move a little faster but guess what? Your bullet will catch them. 

Rushing to the spawns in the beginning usually means death though. Since a geared player will ambush me. Doesn't happen all the time, but I guess if that's the only way...

Yosugami
3 hours ago, TheFondler said:

I have, with 3 total we were able to lock down Customs.  There has also been plenty of times where i got killed by an exit camper and i have also made myself guilty of this.

How about after the wipe you go try and play factory without a factory key exit. That's usually the prime map to meet exit campers, since you only have one exit.

If you know there are people camping; use grenades!

Edited by Yosugami

Sgt_Sammy
On 10/14/2019 at 12:56 PM, 5umbuddy said:

Hi Everyone (and BSG).

Who agrees with me?

Thanks,

S.

I agree and most of the Tarkov community agrees that SC should only be "out" and not "in". I also agree, the only thing you should be able to put in is dogtags.

Sgt_Sammy
On 10/14/2019 at 2:12 PM, JoeRollz said:

"Hatchet runners are a vital part of the economy"

I laughed when I read this. Hatching running is about to become brutal with .12 and you'll start to  notice BSG implement more and more things to counter hatchet running more and more. This is a survival game, not spawn in with a knife , run to point A Point B and C then disconnect with the loot in SC. The economy will do fine without runners. 

Backslapped

The secure container change is terrible in it's current form. If developers want to stop players from using the secure container for magazine cases or whatever, then give the secure container a weight restriction, then make the magazine cases exceed that weight limit. It's pretty simple.

As it currently stands, all BSG has done is made a material change to a primary benefit of purchasing EoD. Of course, since this is a beta that's within their rights and should be expected, BUT, there are certainly less drastic changes that could have been made to accomplish the same desired goal.

cybrslydr

Yeah, I feel like an idiot now for purchasing EOD with this asinine SC change.  "A fool and his money"...

If they go through with this SC change and make it permanent, that money I spent on EoD could have been used to purchase an actual P229...

Edited by cybrslydr

Zombrii
22 minutes ago, cybrslydr said:

Yeah, I feel like an idiot now for purchasing EOD with this asinine SC change.  "A fool and his money"...

If they go through with this SC change and make it permanent, that money I spent on EoD could have been used to purchase an actual P229...

Well you are an idiot if you purchased EOD edition only for the SC and not for supporting the devs and free future DLC.
They clearly state that the current state of the game does not represent the final product and things can change.

cybrslydr
4 minutes ago, Zombrii said:

Well you are an idiot if you purchased EOD edition only for the SC and not for supporting the devs and free future DLC.
They clearly state that the current state of the game does not represent the final product and things can change.

Well, when the whole point of the game up to this point has been to get to loot so you can sell it to finance getting weapons and other things you need to survive, the changing of a mechanic that allows you some control over your finances is a huge disappointment.

I just hope to God they don't make it permanent.

RACWAR

I like the SC changes for the fact that killing and looting another PMC actually holds more value now. Before you'd just get a random gun and some armor off of people you killed, and that was it for the most part, but now it actually matters to search every pocket and bag entirely because they could literally have anything on them. It makes looting as well as surviving exciting again.

• Like 1

Niahkl
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sgt_Sammy:

I agree and most of the Tarkov community agrees that SC should only be "out" and not "in". I also agree, the only thing you should be able to put in is dogtags.

there were polls on this very forums that said most of the community disagrees, and actually the least part of the community agrees.

Edited by Niahkl

Elder_Drake

I find it interesting that threads showing negative feedback, or the poll thread that showed 50+% against SC changes, have all been locked but pro change SC threads are open.

I dont want threads locked if people are on topic but locking one viewpoint out and allowing another to go on? Again, I dont want this locked, debate is good but I am disturbed when I see this.

My .02 and looking forward to .12, happy hunting gents.

• Like 1

KITTYKATJAQ
On 10/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, ParsonsWV said:

The song "pumped up kicks" comes to mind.