Sign in to follow this  
ParsonsWV

Mods plese clarify

ParsonsWV

Would like a mod to be straight forward. Locked my last thread after a mod replied and basically said EOD was worthless once the game is out of testing.

When this game is released out of beta, will all versions of this game be identical? Will everyone start with the same size stash, same trader reputation, etc.?

Having a mod say this really raises questions and would be nice if BSG let all the people that bought EOD know. 

YouDied

The BSG staff said nothing of the sort. You need to learn to comprehend. "The intention of the SC change was a test for pre-wipe events. The concern over people spawning in and making a mad dash is relevant to the way the test version of this game is played. Things will be very different on release. Meaning, the progression, Trader discovery in their respective maps, live events in game, and new, dangerous factions. You will also need to discover story and survive each map to unlock the next one. There will be a different objective than there is now, overall."

You either are ok with supporting the game and getting what edition suits you for the time being or you aren't. If everyone has the same stuff at start then so be it. Don't buy the EOD then If you are that worried about it. Most likely you will have the gamma, and all other items at start of game on full release to give you a slight head start If you previously purchased EOD. But everything in the game will be obtainable by normal play.

• Upvote 1

ParsonsWV
1 minute ago, YouDied said:

The BSG staff said nothing of the sort. You need to learn to comprehend. "The intention of the SC change was a test for pre-wipe events. The concern over people spawning in and making a mad dash is relevant to the way the test version of this game is played. Things will be very different on release. Meaning, the progression, Trader discovery in their respective maps, live events in game, and new, dangerous factions. You will also need to discover story and survive each map to unlock the next one. There will be a different objective than there is now, overall."

You either are ok with supporting the game and getting what edition suits you for the time being or you aren't. If everyone has the same stuff at start then so be it. Don't buy the EOD then If you are that worried about it. Most likely you will have the gamma, and all other items at start of game on full release to give you a slight head start If you previously purchased EOD. But everything in the game will be obtainable by normal play.

Don't tell me to comprehend. Slow your role. When a mod posts: "No. Definitely no. The game will be the same for everyone regardless of how much you paid for it. "

That right there says it will be the same for everyone. Again don't tell me to learn to comprehend. Pretty sure I read that exactly how it is said. 

mattywatty2012
47 minutes ago, ParsonsWV said:

Don't tell me to comprehend. Slow your role. When a mod posts: "No. Definitely no. The game will be the same for everyone regardless of how much you paid for it. "

That right there says it will be the same for everyone. Again don't tell me to learn to comprehend. Pretty sure I read that exactly how it is said. 

EOD provides gear and stash space straight off the bat. In the full game, ALL accounts, no matter the version, will be able to expand their stash size. Not sure about the full game release when taking into account different versions, as we are more than a few years off, but this is the concrete information we have now. All else is conjecture unless we have gotten confirmation and I wouldn't take an emissary's word over Nikitas, due to the changing that has happened in the past and no more info being released to my knowledge on this topic.

Basically; all versions stash sizes will end up being the same after playing the game and completing tasks, however we dont when this will be implemented.

ParsonsWV
9 minutes ago, mattywatty2012 said:

EOD provides gear and stash space straight off the bat. In the full game, ALL accounts, no matter the version, will be able to expand their stash size. Not sure about the full game release when taking into account different versions, as we are more than a few years off, but this is the concrete information we have now. All else is conjecture unless we have gotten confirmation and I wouldn't take an emissary's word over Nikitas, due to the changing that has happened in the past and no more info being released to my knowledge on this topic.

Basically; all versions stash sizes will end up being the same after playing the game and completing tasks, however we dont when this will be implemented.

Thank you for the informative reply.  They might want to inform emissaries of certain things so they don't go spreading false information. 

Edited by ParsonsWV

Madiakz
59 minutes ago, ParsonsWV said:

Thank you for the informative reply.  They might want to inform emissaries of certain things so they don't go spreading false information. 

No false information was spread, your previous topic said that EoD should have a slight advantage over other editions to which you were told no, it is the same game for everyone. 

Your main argument seemed to be that the mag box should be allowed in the gamma and that it doesn't provide an advantage, you also said that other people should just upgrade and get over it basically. 

The only one spreading misinformation here is you, the people you are quoting out of context are not even mods or Emissaries but community managers, I am confident they know what they're talking about 😉

I would also recommend, if a topic is locked don't start a new one moaning about how the last one was locked, instead go back and read that topic, all the information is there. 

• Upvote 1

ParsonsWV
1 hour ago, Madiakz said:

No false information was spread, your previous topic said that EoD should have a slight advantage over other editions to which you were told no, it is the same game for everyone. 

Your main argument seemed to be that the mag box should be allowed in the gamma and that it doesn't provide an advantage, you also said that other people should just upgrade and get over it basically. 

The only one spreading misinformation here is you, the people you are quoting out of context are not even mods or Emissaries but community managers, I am confident they know what they're talking about 😉

I would also recommend, if a topic is locked don't start a new one moaning about how the last one was locked, instead go back and read that topic, all the information is there. 

SO you are confirming that all editions will be the same? By what you are saying no false information has been spread. SO EOD and the basic edition will be the exact same? Please give an informative response and not being a smart ass as you preciously did. 

I have not said just magbox. Read all of my posts. You are an emissary and shouldn't have a problem with that ,as it is your job to read the forum. 

Spreading misinformation that was said by someone with BSG in their profile and connected to BSG should mean something. Sorry but don't try to cover for someone that is in a high position with the BSG forum. They directly said all editions would be the same. Please explain that one thoroughly. 

Promise I have read and reread the locked post. But when someone affiliated with BSG posts something that impacts me and a large group of the community, you shouldn't lock the post without answering the post asking them to clarify. Seems like you all are trying to avoid answering a legitimate question.

Sure you can lock this thread now but would just raise more questions about what isn't being told to people that bought EOD.

ANSWER THIS PLEASE. WIll people that bought EOD and people that bought the base version start at the exact same point when the game is released? According to the "community manager" this is what is happening.  

tobiassolem

EOD will have better trader standings, larger stash size, gamma container from the start, access to all future DLC's and the visual identifications (golden name, etc.).

All of the in-game qualities except for the golden name will be upgradable by any account through in-game means.

Edited by tobiassolem
  • Upvote 1

ParsonsWV
3 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

EOD will have better trader standings, larger stash size, gamma container from the start, access to all future DLC's and the visual identifications (golden name, etc.).

All of the in-game qualities except for the golden name will be upgradable by any account through in-game means.

That's my understanding as well, but according to a community manager all editions will be the same on release. Just want 100% answer from another BSG member. Was told the higher edition is mainly to show support for devs and not for anything else. Will post the full post if needed. 

Zombrii
4 hours ago, ParsonsWV said:

The mod posted on your previous weird rant:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. Definitely no. The game will be the same for everyone regardless of how much you paid for it.

Just because you spent 3x more does NOT entitle you to have the right to make more profit then other editions. This is not the intent, and will never be. If you bought EOD because you thought this was the case, or because all you wanted was the bigger container then i am sorry to disappoint you but the different editions are more then just whatever items you want from them. They are first and foremost, to show support for the DEVs. Everything else is secondary, and if you read the TOS (which you had to agree to upon purchase) you will see that the game is subject to change at any time for any reason, including how features that may affect how items, that may or may not be part of your pre-order, work.

To put it another way, The current version does not represent the final product.

Changes are needed, and i can tell you right now they will happen. It might not be the current container changes we are testing, but some changes will happen and chances are in the end you will not be able to put magboxes in secured containers anyway.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So to break it down for you to maybe and hopefully comprehend this more is like this:
In this CURRENT STATE of the game you get the HEADSTART advantages of more equipment, more money,  bigger container and bigger stash.
There is NO PERMANENT ADVANTAGE over the other versions therefore you all play the same game and everyone can get to the same end game equipments.
Everyone will be able to get a bigger inventory, bigger container etc. etc.
THE ONLY benefit of getting EOD will be the golden name and future DLC.
Since you are only looking for benefits or exclusives and not buying to support the devs i would suggest you keep a starter edition.

Edited by Zombrii

Madiakz
49 minutes ago, ParsonsWV said:

ANSWER THIS PLEASE. WIll people that bought EOD and people that bought the base version start at the exact same point when the game is released? According to the "community manager" this is what is happening.  

Simply put, no. 

And that was not what was said in the previous topic. 

Hope it clears this up for you. 

• Upvote 1

ParsonsWV
26 minutes ago, Zombrii said:

The mod posted on your previous weird rant:

No. Definitely no. The game will be the same for everyone regardless of how much you paid for it.

Just because you spent 3x more does NOT entitle you to have the right to make more profit then other editions. This is not the intent, and will never be. If you bought EOD because you thought this was the case, or because all you wanted was the bigger container then i am sorry to disappoint you but the different editions are more then just whatever items you want from them. They are first and foremost, to show support for the DEVs. Everything else is secondary, and if you read the TOS (which you had to agree to upon purchase) you will see that the game is subject to change at any time for any reason, including how features that may affect how items, that may or may not be part of your pre-order, work.

To put it another way, The current version does not represent the final product.

Changes are needed, and i can tell you right now they will happen. It might not be the current container changes we are testing, but some changes will happen and chances are in the end you will not be able to put magboxes in secured containers anyway.

So to break it down for you to maybe and hopefully comprehend this more is like this:
In this CURRENT STATE of the game you get the HEADSTART advantages of more equipment, more money,  bigger container and bigger stash.
There is NO PERMANENT ADVANTAGE over the other versions therefore you all play the same game and everyone can get to the same end game equipments.
Everyone will be able to get a bigger inventory, bigger container etc. etc.
THE ONLY benefit of getting EOD will be the golden name and future DLC.
Since you are only looking for benefits or exclusives and not buying to support the devs i would suggest you keep a starter edition.

I am fine with it if it is same as it is now when game releases. If they take away the starting stash size and trader rep when game fully releases then not worth it.

If you read I am asking for clarification. Don't try to act like I can't read because I am sure I can. I have asked for clarification which nobody attached to BSG seems to want to respond to. Sorry but that raises questions to me. 

ParsonsWV
1 minute ago, Madiakz said:

Simply put, no. 

And that was not what was said in the previous topic. 

Hope it clears this up for you. 

As quoted in the post above you it is essentially what was said. When game releases everyone would be equal. So would you please elaborate? I am not trying to argue but I keep getting conflicting answers. 

Should I inherently make more money? No. Should I have more space? yes. Should my container size be larger? yes. This is based on what is listed under EOD. 

By the community managers post this will not exist when the game fully releases. I am trying to get 100% clarity. SO please post detailing out what is going to happen as you know at this point. 

Madiakz
5 minutes ago, ParsonsWV said:

As quoted in the post above you it is essentially what was said. When game releases everyone would be equal. So would you please elaborate? I am not trying to argue but I keep getting conflicting answers. 

Should I inherently make more money? No. Should I have more space? yes. Should my container size be larger? yes. This is based on what is listed under EOD. 

By the community managers post this will not exist when the game fully releases. I am trying to get 100% clarity. SO please post detailing out what is going to happen as you know at this point. 

You have misunderstood something along the way I'm afraid, and we have answered your question several times, I don't know how else to say it lol 😂 

Everything @tobiassolem said is correct!

ParsonsWV
Just now, Madiakz said:

You have misunderstood something along the way I'm afraid, and we have answered your question several times, I don't know how else to say it lol 😂 

Everything @tobiassolem said is correct!

Please quote what he said that is correct. I just want a second person attached to BSG saying this. I have asked for clarification and you are not giving direct answers. Detail it out for me. 

ParsonsWV

So when game releases EOD people will start with larger stash and better trader score but people without EOD will be able to get to the same stash size and trader score? 

Is this correct?

Edited by ParsonsWV

Zombrii

EOD:

• Guaranteed instant access to closed beta
  • Digital copy pre-load
  • Huge size of stash (10x66)
  • Additional equipment and resources in stash:

Gerber Downrange Tomahawk

tactical rig x2 (depends on selected faction)

backpack x2 (Tri-Zip - 5x6 cells)

Unique secure alpha-container (3x3)

Grach or P226 pistol x4 (depends on selected faction)

pistol magazines x12

pistol ammo x180

Makarov Pistol x3

pistol magazines x9

pistol ammo x150

canned meat x8

bottled water x6

AI-2 medkit x9

bandages x9

splint x9

400k roubles

AKS74U+2 loaded magazines

АК74N+2 loaded magazines

Salewa first aid kit

RGD-5 grenade х2

SMG Vityaz or HK MP5 + 2 loaded magazines (depending on selected faction)

3000 dollars

Kiver helmet

Pilad reflex sight

IFAK first aid kit

АК74 M1-B Ultimak handguard

Grizzly first aid kit

Alfa tactical rig

morphine injector х2

SV98 sniper rifle + 1 loaded magazine

Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer

Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer adaptor

pistol case (3x3)

6B43 6А body armor

MPX submachine gun + 2 loaded magazines

M4 LVOA-S handguard

• Initially good standing with all in-game traders
  • Unique in-game ID
  • Free access to all subsequent DLCs (Season pass)

Madiakz

So when game releases EOD people will start with larger stash and better trader score but people without EOD will be able to get to the same stash size and trader score? 

Is this correct?

Correct, everything trader and stash wise can be achieved through progress in the game, they won't however be able to get the gold name or emblem. 

To put it simply, there is no permanent advantage owning EoD that cannot be earned through progression. 

• Like 1

Zombrii

Besides that see this older post from the devs:
https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/74

See what changed in the pre-orders compared to back then?
Only more benefits. Things change with time since everything is in development.
Like i said before and everyone else basically, EOD is to support the Devs + you get an exclusive golden name/emblem and future dlc

Edited by Zombrii

ParsonsWV
3 minutes ago, Madiakz said:

Correct, everything trader and stash wise can be achieved through progress in the game, they won't however be able to get the gold name or emblem. 

To put it simply, there is no permanent advantage owning EoD that cannot be earned through progression. 

Thank you for the clarification.

PauleSchaule

Well of course you get all the upcoming Addons by owning the EoD... so you may have saved some money there if u would buy them one by one 

ParsonsWV
2 minutes ago, PauleSchaule said:

Well of course you get all the upcoming Addons by owning the EoD... so you may have saved some money there if u would buy them one by one 

That's true. But taking the risk of about $100 of DLC being the only advantage wasn't worth it. Most DLC is $5-$20. So that would mean at least 4 DLC had to be done to make up the difference in price if everything else was equal. 

Zombrii

That's true. But taking the risk of about $100 of DLC being the only advantage wasn't worth it. Most DLC is $5-$20. So that would mean at least 4 DLC had to be done to make up the difference in price if everything else was equal. 

1-2  DLC per year. Map expansion mostly. Less than 30$

ParsonsWV
5 minutes ago, Zombrii said:

1-2  DLC per year. Map expansion mostly. Less than 30$

Thank you for the link! $30 total DLC included in EOD and starting stash size being larger and higher trader rep is ok. I don't think I should get $200 worth of DLC for buying EOD. I just thought there should be some benefit to it. Which as it stands now it appears there is. 

TheColdVein

7 hours ago, ParsonsWV said:

Would like a mod to be straight forward. Locked my last thread after a mod replied and basically said EOD was worthless once the game is out of testing.

When this game is released out of beta, will all versions of this game be identical? Will everyone start with the same size stash, same trader reputation, etc.?

Having a mod say this really raises questions and would be nice if BSG let all the people that bought EOD know. 

#Locked. Reason:
Clarifications - 

1. I read the Jr Community Manager's response: He essentially told you that there was no pay-to-win or advantages that an EoD supporter gets that you would not be able to get at any other tier, which includes your standings with the Traders. It can all be acquired through gameplay, just at the normal speed based on the player's commitment. Those bonuses are based on support tiers and that's how it's always been. My response that was quoted was in reference to SC clarification. Seems there was a little confusion there. Go back and look at the EFT website on internet archive and you will see no major difference.
  2. We don't allow rants, just so you know, and if you had read rule #4, you'd know that the search function is your first priority. We do not allow multiple posts about the same subjects or even things that bare the same meaning. 
  3. We're not Emissaries, Shiro and I. Just so you don't wonder if we know what we're talking about. We do work for BSG.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1