DARK3063

Post apocalyptic camping ahead.

DARK3063

This feature is going to make players ignore quests, and prioritize hunting each other. Camping will increase by 200%. The mag box is now 100% useless. Hatchling runs will increase by 200% because any area worth something is now going to be camped 24/7. Absolutely no one is going to go after the keys anymore with a single piece of loot on them. The player population will drop by 36% within the first month, because the players that can't "get good" are just going to rage quit because it's going to feel like their getting bullied by the players that already completed the quests. I predict the companies total revenue will drop by about 56% after this bad image will stain the game forever just like how in rust people don't like playing it anymore, because they know they're going to get gang-raped by a clan of 30. This change is going to be very ducking bad for the longevity of the game. And when I mean camping I don't mean fully gear buff dudes camping the zone. I mean a bunch of ducking assholes that might as well be considered lesser beings than bunch of scavs, laying in bushes with scoped mosins, and sks's. I predict post-apocalyptic levels of game ruining camping, that will turn your streaming tarkov experience into a Mosin run hell hole. I suggest this change to secure containers be held back until a solution that doesn't involve crippling the game is found. Welcome to Space Mexico.

space mexico.png

• Sad 9

Zombrii

"This feature"....Next time start with the subject you are gonna talk about instead of not letting us know what the f*ck this is about until the end of your blant.

Seems those are very accurate percentages and analytics, any chance you can back that up?

Edited by Zombrii
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HijackDallas

@DARK3063 You´re just an Gamma/MagCase-Exploiter and this is nothing else than abusing normal player... That is nothing else than legaly cheating.

There is no need for this exploit. This ist Escape from Tarkov, a hardcore shooter. Let me remind you something.... only 30% content is in EFT right now and it will become harder, more hardcore... And all SC mechanics will be changed. That is planed, so no one can stop this.

Nikita has some thoughts about to remove the MagCase out of the SC. That means, no Gamma/MagCase-Exploits in the future. But also the Gamma/PistolCase-Exploit will be removed.

But you think, this is just a cheap Call of Duty-Clone, there you jumping like a rabbit and have some magical Mags, there is no need to reload the mags. Some arcade shooter with no progress, no hardcore.... just a cheap BF, CoD or CS:GO like-arcadeshooter

That is not the Tarkov, what Nikita and BSG want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1

DARK3063
33 minutes ago, HijackDallas said:

@DARK3063 You´re just an Gamma/MagCase-Exploiter and this is nothing else than abusing normal player... That is nothing else than legaly cheating.

There is no need for this exploit. This ist Escape from Tarkov, a hardcore shooter. Let me remind you something.... only 30% content is in EFT right now and it will become harder, more hardcore... And all SC mechanics will be changed. That is planed, so no one can stop this.

Nikita has some thoughts about to remove the MagCase out of the SC. That means, no Gamma/MagCase-Exploits in the future. But also the Gamma/PistolCase-Exploit will be removed.

But you think, this is just a cheap Call of Duty-Clone, there you jumping like a rabbit and have some magical Mags, there is no need to reload the mags. Some arcade shooter with no progress, no hardcore.... just a cheap BF, CoD or CS:GO like-arcadeshooter

That is not the Tarkov, what Nikita and BSG want.

If using the magcase like that is such an exploit what reason is there to bring the thing in raid at all? I'm not bringing up the issue to defend mag cases in the gama, by all means if the developers don't want the mags to be used in that manner fine, but when you are doing 20 raids to get a single item for quest, and keep in mind chances are each raid can go on for about 30 mins. It's going to piss people off when they have to do that cycle over and over again just to find the damn thing let alone have it randomly ripped away from you about each time you did manage to find the damn thing. Calling me a mag case gama exploiter for the sole crime of bringing up this legitament concern is completely childish. You can make the game intense and hardcore, but when it seems like 500 people died just to get you a small pocket watch it becomes less of a hardcore shooter, and more like the fever dream of drugged up emo kid. Do you honestly want tarkov to become even more grindy? 

Edited by DARK3063

DARK3063
1 hour ago, Zombrii said:

"This feature"....Next time start with the subject you are gonna talk about instead of not letting us know what the f*ck this is about until the end of your blant.

Seems those are very accurate percentages and analytics, any chance you can back that up?

just think about how grindy tarkov is. If you can't tell how grindy it already is pretend your a new player trying to do the customs office quest for praper. You need gold chains to get the customs office and you don't have enough money to buy the key straight from flea market because it's the very beginning of the whipe, and it will be one hour, before you have to go to work, because you don't live in your parents basement anymore. How long will it take to complete that quest if you only have 1 hour to play a day? And then think about it how it feels to be loosing each chain because you not only have to find the ducking thing, but you have make it back to extract with it. Also keep in mind no one wants to do the work to gain the gold chains the normal way anymore, so everyone is camping every single spot where it might spawn, hoping to find you doing all the work to get that for them. Witch do you think is a more productive use of your time, camping the extracts and quest locations, or doing all the work yourself?

HijackDallas

@DARK3063 That is just for this event, that disallow to put things inside of your SC during in-Raid.

BSG planed to change the SC mechanic. 

Maybe the same rules as the Kappa

• Only Cases are
    • wallet
    • DocCase
    • keybar
    • DogtagCase
  • money
  • meds
  • ammo
  • and junk

Varreox

Campers are cancer of this game.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Phoenixsui
vor 29 Minuten schrieb DARK3063:

just think about how grindy tarkov is. If you can't tell how grindy it already is pretend your a new player trying to do the customs office quest for praper. You need gold chains to get the customs office and you don't have enough money to buy the key straight from flea market because it's the very beginning of the whipe, and it will be one hour, before you have to go to work, because you don't live in your parents basement anymore. How long will it take to complete that quest if you only have 1 hour to play a day? And then think about it how it feels to be loosing each chain because you not only have to find the ducking thing, but you have make it back to extract with it. Also keep in mind no one wants to do the work to gain the gold chains the normal way anymore, so everyone is camping every single spot where it might spawn, hoping to find you doing all the work to get that for them. Witch do you think is a more productive use of your time, camping the extracts and quest locations, or doing all the work yourself?

And I predict, only players not willing to think 1 second how to approach a Task, will try to Hatchet or Pistol run the Lootspot and die. Thats because they deserve it that way for not thinking of a better tactic. Campers wont be a issue as always. I got camped only once this wipe at the exit.

Gold chains spawn in many locations. For example in any filecabinet. Campers can maybe try to camp the dorms or gas station. But thats to be expected as always. Why should someone camp instead of looting the item himself. I don’t see any problems. People only fear that they now need to put effort into a task.

Edit: If someone choose to have a family and kids etc. it is his choice. Should because of this person everything be achieved in 1 hour with low chance of failure? Everyone else with more time will be bored aftef 1 week.

Edited by Phoenixsui

DARK3063
3 minutes ago, HijackDallas said:

@DARK3063 That is just for this event, that disallow to put things inside of your SC during in-Raid.

BSG planed to change the SC mechanic. 

Maybe the same rules as the Kappa

• Only Cases are
    • wallet
    • DocCase
    • keybar
    • DogtagCase
  • money
  • meds
  • ammo
  • and junk

maybe it be more fair if the exception to put stuff into it was only active quest items? <that is what I am absolutely the most concerned about at the moment, because no sane rational human being with a full time job is going to want to use what might be there only 1-2 hours of game time playing a game that would take an entire month just for them to complete the first few quests let alone completing them all. A hardcore shooter needs to be intense not a large huge grind.

1 minute ago, Varreox said:

Campers are cancer of this game.

Now imagine that camping now 2 times more efficient then doing the work to complete the quests yourself, and much worse that problem is going to get.

DARK3063
3 minutes ago, Phoenixsui said:

And I predict, only players not willing to think 1 second how to approach a Task, will try to Hatchet or Pistol run the Lootspot and die. Thats because they deserve it that way for not thinking of a better tactic. Campers wont be a issue as always. I got camped only once this wipe at the exit.

Gold chains spawn in many locations. For example in any filecabinet. Campers can maybe try to camp the dorms or gas station. But thats to be expected as always. Why should someone camp instead of looting the item himself. I don’t see any problems. People only fear that they now need to put effort into a task.

Ok but now you went through all that work to open all those cabinets and didn't find one in the first to raids. Do you keep doing the work yourself or do you try to "get gud" as the community puts it, and figure out where these people that are still looking around in the cabinets will be heading and find just the right spot to be well hidden enough to catch them before they make it to extract, taking the element of surprise on what will likely be a underequiped soul?

HijackDallas
vor 1 Minute schrieb DARK3063:

Ok but now you went through all that work to open all those cabinets and didn't find one in the first to raids. Do you keep doing the work yourself or do you try to "get gud" as the community puts it, and figure out where these people that are still looking around in the cabinets will be heading and find just the right spot to be well hidden enough to catch them before they make it to extract, taking the element of surprise on what will likely be a underequiped soul?

funny thing, I did find the office key in the cabinets. 

tobiassolem

99% of statistics used on this forum are made up on the spot. Including this one.

I agree that  extract camping is a boring (but valid) tactic. That could be eliminated entirely by adding more extracts.

Edited by tobiassolem

DARK3063
7 minutes ago, HijackDallas said:

funny thing, I did find the office key in the cabinets. 

And that key witch was a less then 1% chance can now be taken away from you, and out of how many hours of tarkov did it take you to get that rare key from the cabinet just once this wipe?

TheHappyMile
Gerade eben schrieb DARK3063:

And that key witch was a less then 1% chance can now be taken away from you, and out of how many hours of tarkov did it take you to get that rare key from the cabinet just once this wipe?

You can also get it from other players now.

Of course I will hate myself the moment I die with factory-key. But to be honest - last wipe I got it through the questline xD Marked-Key was day1 and I survived that raid.

HijackDallas

4-5 last wipe, this wipe maybe 5 or 7, but i never needed 3 goldchains for this quest

And that was in my very first Raid in 0.11.7 

Edited by HijackDallas

DARK3063
1 minute ago, tobiassolem said:

99% of statistics used on this forum are made up on the spot. Including this one.

I agree that  extract camping is a boring (but valid) tactic. That could be eliminated entirely by adding more extracts.

Witch is why it would quickly become more effective to camp the quest area's over camping the extracts if they did add more extracts. The problem with trying to stop camping that way is they know exactly where you will be at more then one point in time.

2 minutes ago, HijackDallas said:

4-5 last wipe, this wipe maybe 5 or 7, but i never needed 3 goldchains for this quest

Are you afraid to post the hours?

HijackDallas
vor 3 Minuten schrieb DARK3063:

Are you afraid to post the hours?

There is no need for this

DARK3063
4 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

You can also get it from other players now.

Of course I will hate myself the moment I die with factory-key. But to be honest - last wipe I got it through the questline xD Marked-Key was day1 and I survived that raid.

what happens when its easier to get it from other players then it is to get the key yourself?

Just now, HijackDallas said:

There is no need for this

There kinda is, because finding the key in the cabinet in 5 hours is a lot different then someone finding one key in cabinet in 200605 hours.

TheHappyMile
vor 20 Minuten schrieb HijackDallas:

And that was in my very first Raid in 0.11.7 

And now imagin the thrill, sneaking through the map, maybe waiting a bit somewhere, scanning the exit for campers, and extract with that loot :D

Or the horror of getting clicked by some random scav :D

vor 16 Minuten schrieb DARK3063:

what happens when its easier to get it from other players then it is to get the key yourself?

Probably PvP

Edited by TheHappyMile

Scholar

Most of us work and play this game when we can.  I do. I work lots of overtime as well so my playing times are even furthur reduced.  No one who plays Tarkov is a casual, it's their GOTO game.  I'd play this game hours more given the opportunity.  But life happens.

I've been killed at extracts many times, or at least near extracts.  This game is punishing and I love it.  I love the fact that the magical container is getting nerfed, because, of course it should be nerfed.  I will continue to plug away at this game.  I love that the Devs are making this the game the hardcore game I was looking for.   Nerf the box

sponge bob oops GIF by Return-It Gang

• Like 1

Phoenixsui

@DARK3063 I disbelieve that your described camping tactic is anymore effective then just searching it. There is no way to know if there are other players or for which extract they go or what task they have.

I wouldn’t camp for 55 min at the exit or where ever, just to find out, noone is coming or getting killed by the prey.

And this is my experience from 800 Raids this wipe and 1000s Raids in Wipes before.

Players dont camp for long. Maybe for the first minutes. But if someone keep dying in the first minutes and keeps running into those spawncamper, it is entirely his fault. But noone sits at 1 point for complete Raid with nothing to do. Maybr if there is constant action. But then it wasn’t what i would describe as camping.

NakedBTW
4 minutes ago, Phoenixsui said:

But noone sits at 1 point for complete Raid with nothing to do. Maybr if there is constant action. But then it wasn’t what i would describe as camping.

I've ran into people sitting on spawn for ~40 minutes. How do I know this? Because they come into my stream afterwards and I ask them.

There's enough scavs (and pmc's) that will just chill and watch youtube/netflix while they lay in wait.

Edited by NakedBTW

Scholar

...well shoot them man..you're so paranoid that they're waiting for you at extract  that you should never get taken by surprise by those pesky campers

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Edited by Scholar

TheHappyMile
vor 18 Minuten schrieb Phoenixsui:

Players dont camp for long. Maybe for the first minutes.

I used to wait at specific spots at shoreline when I had to kill 20 players. It's highly efficient due to players always running below that spot. When being frustrated with the kills I tried to exit-camp twice. Never again I'll do something that boring and useless xD

vor 14 Minuten schrieb NakedBTW:

I've ran into people sitting on spawn for ~40 minutes.

I never ever saw anyone. But seriously, if someone has the time to wait at an exit for 40 minutes and kills you, that's his way to play. If course it sucks. Death is a part of eft.

Edited by TheHappyMile

ShiroTenshi

Please use the search function before creating a new thread,a s per the rules. There's already plenty of topics discussing this, please don't spam the forums any more then they already are.

#locked