mastelaver13

Jumping Improvement

mastelaver13

What about improving game by allowing player to jump obstacles in fine animation?

Zombrii

I have no clue what this is about. Do you mean like vaulting?

Edited by Zombrii

Kolt_Raynor
On 10/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, Zombrii said:

I have no clue what this is about. Do you mean like vaulting?

Yes, I think he's referring to being able to navigate over obstacles. 

I have to agree that certain obstacles should be climbable - such as low ledges and such. 

I don't think it should be done with a "jump", but rather a scale or climb motion.

Havaren
On 10/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, mastelaver13 said:

What about improving game by allowing player to jump obstacles in fine animation?

jumping? how about some freaking knee bend? why do i need to jump to get past a 6" concrete block (woods  lumber storage area as an example)

quango2k

movement is very much WIP. 

Jumping is not realistic at all. No one in full gear with a rig full of mags is 'jumping' about anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

Spectator6
On 10/22/2019 at 5:39 AM, quango2k said:

movement is very much WIP. 

Jumping is not realistic at all. No one in full gear with a rig full of mags is 'jumping' about anywhere. 

Agree completely!

Once they get a proper "climbing/clamoring/vaulting" option, I think jumping should be removed from the game altogether.

In my opinion, jumping is *much* too arcadey and unrealistic for something like EFT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kolt_Raynor
4 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Agree completely!

Once they get a proper "climbing/clamoring/vaulting" option, I think jumping should be removed from the game altogether.

In my opinion, jumping is *much* too arcadey and unrealistic for something like EFT.

Bah.

I'm pretty sure the first thing they teach you after you get out of BUD/S is to hop around the battlefield.  It must be so because virtually every combat game out there has players hopping around like ADHD kids off their ritalin.  

• Like 1

quango2k
8 hours ago, Kolt_Raynor said:

Bah.

I'm pretty sure the first thing they teach you after you get out of BUD/S is to hop around the battlefield.  It must be so because virtually every combat game out there has players hopping around like ADHD kids off their ritalin.  

Have you not seen the combat footage of Marines in Falluja on Youtube? Clearly shows them jumping past doorways so they can see who is inside. And when they are moving up to the OB they all bunny jump towards it as to not make as much noise. Then they jump through the doorways and over the 7ft fences and 360 no scope all the insurgents with Barrets. 

Come on dude - get woke! 

• Hot 3

Kolt_Raynor
8 hours ago, quango2k said:

Have you not seen the combat footage of Marines in Falluja on Youtube? Clearly shows them jumping past doorways so they can see who is inside. And when they are moving up to the OB they all bunny jump towards it as to not make as much noise. Then they jump through the doorways and over the 7ft fences and 360 no scope all the insurgents with Barrets. 

Come on dude - get woke! 

Well, I thought that this was super-secret tier one footage.  I didn't want to discuss openly about our bleeding edge combat enhancement techniques for fear of putting our troops in jeopardy.  

I also find our modern soldier's ability to sprint indefinitely, while laden with two weapons, a sidearm and 600 rounds for each, without needing to stop to catch their breath to be truly impressive.