Spectator6

Allow users to "level down" their game edition?

Spectator6

For those who may not be aware, it sounds like EOD owners will start the new patch with the Hideout square footage already expanded to its max.

As an EOD owner myself, part of me would really like to get the "full" 0.12 experience by starting at square one with the normal size hideout and then expanding from there. Also, back when I was on Standard Edition, I actually enjoyed the extra layer of having to deal with Trader Reputations.

This got me thinking...

Why not allow users to choose which perks of their edition they would like to start with?

• Maybe some want the additional stash/hideout size?
  • Maybe others want the starting gear?
  • Maybe others want the Trader Rep boosts?
  • Maybe others want the larger Secure Container?
  • Some mix and match of the above?

Allowing players to pick and choose the perks they want would help them "level down" their edition if they so desire.

Thoughts? Improvements?

Maki_Nishikino

Only if it was reverted when you wiped your account.

Spectator6
25 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Only if it was reverted when you wiped your account.

Yeah, that's the idea. Every wipe/reset the user gets to choose the amount of perks he wants to start with.

Maki_Nishikino
7 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Yeah, that's the idea. Every wipe/reset the user gets to choose the amount of perks he wants to start with.

I see no issues then.

DanExert

Sounds good! Would make it easier/simpler to enforce challenge rules in the future i.e. certain restrictions, pure standard edition hardcore playthrough etc.

Choice is rarely a bad thing for players!

• Upvote 1

V3NCHEl2

all your gonna have is the maxed stash size.  you are still going to have to grind and unlock other aspects of your hideout.  stash isnt the only thing to work on for hideout

Spectator6
5 hours ago, V3NCHEl2 said:

all your gonna have is the maxed stash size.  you are still going to have to grind and unlock other aspects of your hideout.  stash isnt the only thing to work on for hideout

Yep, you're right @V3NCHEl2

And there are other perks to the various game editions that do not deal with the Hideout. 

I'm happy I bought the EoD edition, but if I'm honest, there's a part of me that feels like I'm somewhat "missing out" on the full EFT experience since some of the grind is alleviated. I know for a fact that some people have decided NOT to upgrade to EoD simply because they do not want parts of the game "given" to them.

This suggestion is to simply allow players to pick and choose which of their edition's bonuses they want activated after a wipe/reset.

Does that make sense?

Spectator6

Wish I could go back and edit my original post! 

u/DonDOOM from the ongoing Reddit discussion clarified that the Hideout itself may be a fixed size for all users and that the "cache module" is what can be upgraded to increase the player's stash size. So with that in mind, it's likely the "cache module" will start maxed out for EoD users.

-----

The idea of selecting your starting bonuses according to your edition may be seen kind of like choosing your difficulty. 

Some players, even though they bought an upgraded edition, may rather NOT have some or all bonuses, thereby "increasing" the game's starting difficulty.

In my mind, that'd be a pretty cool option for a multiplayer game like EFT.