Jump to content
N0PEY0UDIE

limit high cap magazines to improve gunplay

Limit high cap magazines to improve gun play, make people make more tactical decisions and make tactical reloads relevant.   

20 members have voted

  1. 1. Should high cap magazines be a lot rarer?

    • Hell yes!
      14
    • DON'T TAKE MY MAGS!
      6


Recommended Posts

N0PEY0UDIE

60rd+ mags for ARs are OP as it stands. There are loads of standard cap mags that never get used due to the sheer volume of 60+ mags available on fleamarket or from raiders. 

30rd mags make you play smarter. Firefights are more fun. Tactical reloads come into play and more people will use semi instead of mag dumping. 

I think with .12 and the changes to armour (cannot wear a plate carrier over armour vests any more) This is more relevant than ever. 

Personally I think 60rd mags should be cut back drastically. I think raiders should have one of them if carrying an M4, then the rest in standard cap. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattywatty2012

Game wants to be realistic, 60 rnd mags are mass produced. Get over it.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
2 minutes ago, mattywatty2012 said:

Game wants to be realistic, 60 rnd mags are mass produced. Get over it.

Incorrect. Game wants to be immersive, there is nothing realistic about Tarkov. It's based on a fictional place, with a fictional story. Everything in the game can be matched to suit that story so 60rd mags can be limited just as much as any other item.

Edited by quango2k
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIkeKillson
1 hour ago, quango2k said:

Incorrect. Game wants to be immersive, there is nothing realistic about Tarkov. It's based on a fictional place, with a fictional story. Everything in the game can be matched to suit that story so 60rd mags can be limited just as much as any other item.

Thanks for using the correct term that most people really want ,  A realistic game would be boring as hell or just plan unfun .

Now the real reason i wanted to comment. I agree with making the larger mags hard to get hell I would even go as far as saying I'd like to see a lot of items be loot only and rare to get IMO mid tier gear{ armor }  lvl 1-4 and ammo that can pen it should be the meta and the only things we can buy everything thing else find in raid only.

the only problem I could see with this right now is the fact they probably want us to test new stuff out and making it rare is kind of counter intuitive 

2 hours ago, mattywatty2012 said:

Game wants to be realistic, 60 rnd mags are mass produced. Get over it.

Matty why is it every time i see you on here you're always saying something that makes you sound ? You okay there bud did reddit hurt you .

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wadexas

They said in last stages of game development, everything will be come harder. Like you will need to finish quests to achieve certain things and unlock everything, so it wont be so easy to get that like the high cap mags and best pen ammo. Its only testing phase at the moment and everything will be changed with time period, we wont be able to speed run levels any more and etc. I know it seems like its to hard at the moment, but its tarkov you need to learn to deal with it in the mean time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
59 minutes ago, MIkeKillson said:

the only problem I could see with this right now is the fact they probably want us to test new stuff out and making it rare is kind of counter intuitive 

 

52 minutes ago, Wadexas said:

They said in last stages of game development, everything will be come harder. 

Totally get that...but 60rd mags are well and truly tested now. I think it would be better to test actual real scenario gun play. There are plenty of rare items in game right now that shouldn't be, for testing purposes (if above is fact) 

Currently I have 6 icases full of 60rd mags for various weapons. Meaning I (and many other players like me) Do not use standard mags within a week of a wipe..and I really want to use them and have a more tactical game..but feel forced to use them otherwise I will be out gunned in every fight. 

Also, IRL..high cap mags loaded with ammo, like a FAL mag full of M61 is HEEEAAAAVY! 6 of them in your rig, and a few in secure container would be utterly stupid. There should be a massive speed penalty, you should lose energy and hydration rapidly carrying all that ammo. 

30rd mags would make it way more fun to play I think. 

Edited by quango2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattywatty2012
1 hour ago, quango2k said:

Incorrect. Game wants to be immersive, there is nothing realistic about Tarkov. It's based on a fictional place, with a fictional story. Everything in the game can be matched to suit that story so 60rd mags can be limited just as much as any other item.

 

1 hour ago, MIkeKillson said:

Thanks for using the correct term that most people really want ,  A realistic game would be boring as hell or just plan unfun .

Now the real reason i wanted to comment. I agree with making the larger mags hard to get hell I would even go as far as saying I'd like to see a lot of items be loot only and rare to get IMO mid tier gear{ armor }  lvl 1-4 and ammo that can pen it should be the meta and the only things we can buy everything thing else find in raid only.

the only problem I could see with this right now is the fact they probably want us to test new stuff out and making it rare is kind of counter intuitive 

Matty why is it every time i see you on here you're always saying something that makes you sound dumb ? You okay there bud did reddit hurt you .

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action..."

Taken off the EFT home page; literally says realistic.

My point still stands and is now backed by devs.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clydefrosch

Though I am a dedicated sprayer -always on full-auto- I agree that the big mags  should be a money sink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niahkl
vor 13 Minuten schrieb mattywatty2012:

 

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action..."

Taken off the EFT home page; literally says realistic.

My point still stands and is now backed by devs.

name three realistic aspects of tarkov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pogny

60 is big

I could speak about 100 5.56 mag, or 95 5.45/7.62 x39

I agree, a little change like this would improve the game alot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattywatty2012
5 minutes ago, Niahkl said:

name three realistic aspects of tarkov.

The weapons, the weapon sway/spread and the application of medical items.

Bonus round

The penetration of certain objects, the implementation of the key system and specifically how they work, the idea behind trader loyalty and the weapons/items they are then able to sell you, the idea of training your PMC through soft skills.

Want more?

Edited by mattywatty2012
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
12 minutes ago, mattywatty2012 said:

 

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action..."

Taken off the EFT home page; literally says realistic.

My point still stands and is now backed by devs.

Sure...Realistic. Bullet hole in leg, magically fixed with a bandage.

Or, sticking 30 60rd full mags in a magbox, then fitting that into a much smaller box, than then fits into your back pocket and no other person can get to it but you, then you fill a bag with a thicc items case and fill it with 500lbs of gear, then sprint to an extratcion....REALISTIC.  

There is very very little realism in Tarkov. 

Even then, what has this got to do with high cap mags?? Lets talk about realism...

Show me a single REAL world unit that uses high cap magazines?? Do you have any idea how heavy a 60rd mag full of M995 or M61 is? and carrying 6+ of them around with you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niahkl
vor 7 Minuten schrieb mattywatty2012:

The weapons, the weapon sway/spread and the application of medical items.

Bonus round

The penetration of certain objects, the implementation of the key system and specifically how they work, the idea behind trader loyalty and the weapons/items they are then able to sell you, the idea of training your PMC through soft skills.

Want more?

medical system: not realistic

firefights: not realistic

Stamina system: not realistic

skill system: not realistic

dehydration model: not realistic

pain model: not realistic

health model: not realistic

movement: not realistic

weight system: not realistic

inventory system: not realistic

damage model: not realistic

looting: not realistic

doors and keys: not realistic

secure container: not realistic

weapon sling: not realistic

armor system: nor realistic

 

basically every core aspect of this game is unrealistic and it will never be realistic.

 

Edited by Niahkl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
1 minute ago, mattywatty2012 said:

The weapons, the weapon sway/spread and the application of medical items.

Bonus round

The penetration of certain objects, the implementation of the key system and specifically how they work, the idea behind trader loyalty and the weapons/items they are then able to sell you, the idea of training your PMC through soft skills.

Want more?

The models of the weapons are realistic yes. Recoil, nope, handling, nope. 

Application of medical items? You mean, you have to use them...and that is your definition of realism? There is NOTHING realistic about any healing mechanics in this game. 

Training a PMC with soft skills - You mean the military trained professional that probably left the military after a few tours and was hired as a PMC, he needs training??? 

try harder. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs

Just a friendly reminder that guns and loot is highly available now for testing purposes.

 On release everything is gonna be very scarce. 

Ergonomics give you a lot of initiative to use smaller mags especially if you are single shooting but issues with hit registration make it a must to spray and pray. 

Edited by sYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattywatty2012
7 minutes ago, quango2k said:

The models of the weapons are realistic yes. Recoil, nope, handling, nope. 

Application of medical items? You mean, you have to use them...and that is your definition of realism? There is NOTHING realistic about any healing mechanics in this game. 

Training a PMC with soft skills - You mean the military trained professional that probably left the military after a few tours and was hired as a PMC, he needs training??? 

try harder. 

 

8 minutes ago, Niahkl said:

medical system: not realistic

firefights: not realistic

Stamina system: not realistic

skill system: not realistic

dehydration model: not realistic

pain model: not realistic

health model: not realistic

movement: not realistic

weight system: not realistic

inventory system: not realistic

damage model: not realistic

looting: not realistic

doors and keys: not realistic

secure container: not realistic

weapon sling: not realistic

armor system: nor realistic

 

basically every core aspect of this game is unrealistic and it will never be realistic.

 

 

11 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Sure...Realistic. Bullet hole in leg, magically fixed with a bandage.

Or, sticking 30 60rd full mags in a magbox, then fitting that into a much smaller box, than then fits into your back pocket and no other person can get to it but you, then you fill a bag with a thicc items case and fill it with 500lbs of gear, then sprint to an extratcion....REALISTIC.  

There is very very little realism in Tarkov. 

Even then, what has this got to do with high cap mags?? Lets talk about realism...

Show me a single REAL world unit that uses high cap magazines?? Do you have any idea how heavy a 60rd mag full of M995 or M61 is? and carrying 6+ of them around with you. 

index.jpg.c6139c99702bb7d741f6d3dada2a91cb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
15 minutes ago, mattywatty2012 said:

 

 

index.jpg.c6139c99702bb7d741f6d3dada2a91cb.jpg

Mistaking opinions with facts. Tells me all I need to know about you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2