Sign in to follow this  
GoForce1

Tarkov Bots Need Major Improvement

GoForce1

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  I have played Tarkov for quite a while now and this is my number one complaint: The Tarkov bots create a very negative gameplay experience. The goal of a bot in a realistic shooter, such as Tarkov, should be primarily: ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ž, and secondarily: make gameplay smoother and more enjoyable. Based on this, I have complaint andย suggestions for improvement. First, I canย hear a bot from a mile a away screaming: "is this your warfare... you should try better!" or: "die scav!" or: "god damn pussy" and other phrases that are completely random andย unnecessary.ย ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ฌ, human players do not press 'y-y' every two seconds to scream some random crap. Second, the bots do not move like a normal player. Here is an example: I see a bot 50 meters away... I am hidden... I take a shot at the bots chest... The bot stands there with no reaction whatsoever. If a player gets shot in the chest-- they move! This is just one small example but there are many others, such as: Never sprinting, following each other in perfectly straight lines, never checking surroundings. This brings me to my next point, the bots are incredibly inconsistent when it comes to spotting enemies, sometimes you are 200 meters away and they see you or you are literally 2 meters away and they are clueless. The most annoying thing to me, however, is how they never fail to find you when you are prone.ย ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ, but the bots spot you in a split second and do not hesitate to shoot. This makes healing and finding cover very difficult because they see you the whole time. My last and my biggest complaint: ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐๐ฌ. The amount of times that i get killed because 4-6 bots are hanging around each other and all gang you when you fire a weapon is uncountable. It is incredibly rare that I find a squad of real players, scav or pmc, playing together or even near each other. The bots, as far as I can tell, are balanced in weather, darkness, and other human conditions and also seem to have human like aim, no large complaints there. These are my biggest complaints with the game currently and have make the experience much less enjoyable for me. However, despite my complaints, Tarkov is a great game and the developers have done a good job making things balanced.ย 

(Side note--If you prone at a bot's feet they cannot shoot you, I killed a bot,ย while proned,ย knifing his ankles)

8bvij2j8amuz.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Sir_Mossy

Sounds like half of the article is about raiders only, which everyone practically unanimously agree do not play realistically. They have practically no self-preservation programmed into their AI whatsoever, which makes them instantly aggressiveย whenย being shot/shot at.

As for the regular SCAVs, I personally have no issue with them. I have never had any sorts of issues after I became acclimated to the game to some degree.

shazzer2406
16 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Sounds like half of the article is about raiders only, which everyone practically unanimously agree do not play realistically. They have practically no self-preservation programmed into their AI whatsoever, which makes them instantly aggressiveย whenย being shot/shot at.

As for the regular SCAVs, I personally have no issue with them. I have never had any sorts of issues after I became acclimated to the game to some degree.

Are you serious? Every part of the ai in the game is terrible, they have an incredibly long way to go to get anything like human behaviourย 

Maki_Nishikino

Read the patch notes and please use some paragraphs.