Once vaulting/clalmoring hits, remove jumping, it has no place in EFT

Spectator6

Spectator6

While it's "possible" to jump in real life, let's all be honest here...

When we think of EFT's gameplay -- take the new 0.12 trailer, for example -- part of what makes it feel so intense and high-stakes is precisely BECAUSE these types of "jumping" antics aren't on display.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think realistic and hardcore, my mind never envisions players bunny hopping past doorways/hallways.

So in my opinion, once vaulting/clamoring is in play, jumping should be removed entirely. I can't think of any context where seeing a player jump helps "draw me into" EFT's gameworld. But it often detracts from it and cheapen the experience.

Thoughts?

Edited by Spectator6
  • Upvote 3

No need to remove it. Just make it so that from full stamina you can do only two jumps depending on the gear you have.

We can always improve stuff not just remove stuff. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 1
DanExert

Was talking about this with my guys just the other day! 

You're absolutely right, in a tactical situation there is absolutely no need to jump EXCEPT when traversing (narrow) irrigation ditches, holes, a gap between two solid objects like containers/crates that are close enough to 'step' across.

And like you say if we do get vaulting/climbing, then even if we get stuck we can just climb out. I'd certainly like to see a Tarkov without jumping, but with a robust climbing/buddy climbing system!

• Upvote 1
Spectator6
4 hours ago, DanExert said:

Was talking about this with my guys just the other day! 

You're absolutely right, in a tactical situation there is absolutely no need to jump EXCEPT when traversing (narrow) irrigation ditches, holes, a gap between two solid objects like containers/crates that are close enough to 'step' across.

And like you say if we do get vaulting/climbing, then even if we get stuck we can just climb out. I'd certainly like to see a Tarkov without jumping, but with a robust climbing/buddy climbing system!

Mmmm, buddy climbing!  Do you  mean something like way back in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory  online modes, Where one person can give a "boost" from the bottom or a "hand-up" from the top?

DanExert
12 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

Mmmm, buddy climbing!  Do you  mean something like way back in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory  online modes, Where one person can give a "boost" from the bottom or a "hand-up" from the top?

Yeah dude pretty much! I’m not talking about climbing up each other, but giving each other a boost up onto ledges and then a hand for the 2nd guy would be cool 

Spectator6
10 hours ago, DanExert said:

Yeah dude pretty much! I’m not talking about climbing up each other, but giving each other a boost up onto ledges and then a hand for the 2nd guy would be cool 

Yeah, that's the spirit!

Though I'm not sure it always needs to be this capable given how heavy PMC loadouts can be, etc... Not to mention the implications it has for map designs...

Hmm...(thinking)

Edited by Spectator6
N0PEY0UDIE

I wouldn't say there is no need to jump...its a case of there is no WAY you can jump..if basing off real life. Try carrying that much weight and jumping around on uneven ground..see ya ankles! 

Spectator6
4 minutes ago, quango2k said:

I wouldn't say there is no need to jump...its a case of there is no WAY you can jump..if basing off real life. Try carrying that much weight and jumping around on uneven ground..see ya ankles! 

For sure!

Within the context of EFT, though, what about players who do NOT go in with much gear? Should they be allowed to jump?

IMO, no. Even if they would "have the ability" in real life, I just don't think it adds anything to the game. If anything it detracts from the "seriousness" of EFT's gamespace.

Now skipping or frolicking? That's a different matter altogether! And would work WONDERS for traversing minefields :P

Bunny-hopping meta works with zero skills level on the new patch. Imagine what happens when skills are maxed out.

Edited by ataros