Hogtooth

Current state of game unplayable

Hogtooth

Dear Battle state

In its current state your product is completely unplayable.  Between long loading, matching times and constant server disconnects to where you cant even get back into a raid this game is not even able to be tested.  If you do get into a game as a PMC you now get penalized twice for being killed in a raid. 

1. you loose all your gear you had.

2. now  you have to wait in order to play as PMC is fully healed or you have to spend hard earned money or items to heal back.  In late game i can understand having to have some resource sink but having the Bunker should be more than enough. 

3. Increasing the scav wait time to play only makes this even more painful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RonBuan
4 minutes ago, Hogtooth said:

Dear Battle state

In its current state your product is completely unplayable.  Between long loading, matching times and constant server disconnects to where you cant even get back into a raid this game is not even able to be tested.  If you do get into a game as a PMC you now get penalized twice for being killed in a raid. 

2. now  you have to wait in order to play as PMC is fully healed or you have to spend hard earned money or items to heal back.  In late game i can understand having to have some resource sink but having the Bunker should be more than enough. 

Welcome to Tarkov newbie.

Can't say I agree with you about game being unplayable. Lots of people (myself included) have been playing all day. 

1. That's always been the case.

2. You can upgrade your hideout to heal faster? Play scav while your guy heals? Go get a snack and use the bathroom. Feature seems to work fine for me, if you find one grizzly on shoreline your good to go for quite some time.

3. The scav wait timer used to be even longer. I have been playing slow on PMC to eat up time on my scav as a counter measure, seems to work ok. 

I bet the devs will continue to bug fix and patch as needed for stability. But I wouldn't count on ever getting to keep all your gear, not having to heal, or playing scav matches back to back.

Hogtooth

You Must have the luck of the Irish,  I have only been able to play 4 matches the whole day with the rest spent trying to connect to matches.  Have lost most of my gear on pmc due to getting disconnected from matches then never able to reconnect then the raid ends.  

RonBuan

I am supposedly part Irish. Lol

I was playing as 4 man team and load times on shoreline were more minutes. Like 2 minutes.

Solo matching times only seemed to be an issue for me on customs today. Not sure but I think everyone was trying to do their quests and it over loaded?

Total speculation on that thought. 

I bet in a few days they will have more of the matching issues resolved.. I'm hoping :) lol

DNuGGeTz

I am having disconnect problems too, bad. Nobody seems to be able to help with that. Two patches go by and it still happens every game and I am losing way too much gear because of this. Definitely not playable for me even though I still playing it. I'm going to have to reset my account to get out of this hole. 

Father_Russell

I'm dying behind walls in fights that require millisecond reactions.  I'm a former pro gamer.  This is unplayable netcode.  Like 4 steps behind cover unplayble netcode.  

• Sad 1

Twigster

Queue the white knights and fan boys to defend their broken game.

Sucks when you only get 2 servers to choose from and 1 is about 120 ping, and the other local takes me 15-20 minutes to get a game.

Malevolent1
41 minutes ago, Twigster said:

Queue the white knights and fan boys to defend their broken game.

Sucks when you only get 2 servers to choose from and 1 is about 120 ping, and the other local takes me 15-20 minutes to get a game.

I wont even whiteknight this as much as I usually stand up for them in defense that its a beta product... but I've said the same thing lately. Long matching times and stress testing servers isn't in their beta plans at this point so this shouldn't be happening. Supposedly they addressed my idea to use Amazon AWS and said it's unfeasible, but I've yet to see an official answer on that....

They need a solution for rapid scaling and deployment at this stage in their game. It's becoming more and more absurd by the day that we're experiencing so many issues.

nynetynyne

ive managed 4 scav runs in the 4 days ive played the game. between waiting to load until 7 min left in the damn raid only to have to sprint to exit to keep the damn scav loot only to not get there in time so i lose everything or load in as a scav and im dead when i load in. this has happened on all but one and only got out with 30 sec left on the clock to be hit with a runthrough penalty. i wouldnt have had to sprint through the map if i hadnt loaded in with 4 min left.

loading an offline raid to practice aiming and such takes a ridiculously long time to load and my system is more than capable before anyone says this as well as top tier internet which has 0 issues with many other online games.

im just wondering why i spent all the money i did on the game when it is quite literally unplayable for me.

and before anyone says i need to learn the map so i can get around quicker i would love to learn the map but with 4 whole min per round i get to play that is not possible

TheCabal

My waiting time since months for main and scavs: 2-3 minutes

In-Game time left for scav: never lower than 15 minutes

Loading offline maps: acceptable even without a SSD  (which is mainly used for DCS World)

I don't consider myself pro, but even if my main gets lost several times due to a server bug, I get up and recover pretty fast, always solo.

If I just knew how to reproduce all these mentioned problems or what causes them... (or especially why these happen to others and (yet) not me and other folks)....

mkultraa
On 10/29/2019 at 12:59 AM, Hogtooth said:

Dear Battle state

I agree completely! For new players that don't have a lot of stuff. It's impossible to start collecting from nothing. Makes the game seriously unplayable. You don't even know where the exits are as a new player. Half the time you're losing all your stuff because you can't find a damn exit. Or you're getting killed by someone with a top of the line rifle, armor etc.... While you have no armor and a pistol. Makes it a unfair fight. They need to add a way to buy roubles or currency with real money to get started again. Otherwise people just lose their stuff, and leave the game. Also, if you have no money. You can't even buy a backpack. So you can't even loot. You have to wait for a scav respawn which could be forever at this point. It's stupid! Fix it! 

Edited by mkultraa
  • Sad 3

snakeoil

Honestly, I wish they just had a PvE profile, where you can play offline, and keep all of the loot-- that'd quiet down all of the people complaining while they fix the servers.

I'm not hating on them, I am deeply aware that server issues are common for any indie dev studio, because servers are very, very expensive. And it's clear to me that they want to maintain the integrity of their game, because they could very easily  just sell this game to another publisher who'd hook this game up to a ton of quality servers, while pumping the game full of MTX.

They just need an option that'd allow people to play the game in its full capacity even when the servers aren't doing well.

IBMess
2 hours ago, snakeoil said:

Honestly, I wish they just had a PvE profile, where you can play offline, and keep all of the loot-- that'd quiet down all of the people complaining while they fix the servers.

I'm not hating on them, I am deeply aware that server issues are common for any indie dev studio, because servers are very, very expensive. And it's clear to me that they want to maintain the integrity of their game, because they could very easily  just sell this game to another publisher who'd hook this game up to a ton of quality servers, while pumping the game full of MTX.

They just need an option that'd allow people to play the game in its full capacity even when the servers aren't doing well.

You wouldn't really be playing the game if it was offline. The games purpose is PvP centered, whether that be fighting or tactically avoiding it. Running around killing brain dead AI and looting is not only incredibly boring imo, but also defeats the entire purpose of the game (especially if you're allowed to keep the loot). If you meant having a completely different section of the game that doesn't effect the regular version that sounds fine for integrity's sake, but still sounds really boring and kind of pointless when we already have offline mode.

snakeoil
15 hours ago, IBMess said:

You wouldn't really be playing the game if it was offline. The games purpose is PvP centered, whether that be fighting or tactically avoiding it. Running around killing brain dead AI and looting is not only incredibly boring imo, but also defeats the entire purpose of the game (especially if you're allowed to keep the loot). If you meant having a completely different section of the game that doesn't effect the regular version that sounds fine for integrity's sake, but still sounds really boring and kind of pointless when we already have offline mode.

I mean, does it really hurt anyone though? The PvE and PvP profiles would be separated, meaning, you can't use the stuff you got on your PvE profile to go to PvP, so it's its own ecosystem.
Might sound boring and pointless to you, but there's a lot of people who would enjoy it, and use it especially if the servers are bad.

IBMess
3 hours ago, snakeoil said:

I mean, does it really hurt anyone though? The PvE and PvP profiles would be separated, meaning, you can't use the stuff you got on your PvE profile to go to PvP, so it's its own ecosystem.
Might sound boring and pointless to you, but there's a lot of people who would enjoy it, and use it especially if the servers are bad.

It wouldn't effect me much, just not sure it'd be worth it for BSG to do. Ultimately they'll know the numbers of people who are actually interested or not and act on it.

mucormucedo

Why do people think that the servers are bad in any game? You think they only rent dual cores with 8 GB of RAM because they are a small developer? The code that they install on those servers or the code that is run by the client is not well written and it's been years. This isn't 100 players on a huge map and it still runs bad. I said it before but they delete posts like this.  

Grimm285
On 2/21/2020 at 5:28 AM, snakeoil said:

they have said before there will be no complete PVE in the game, However they have talked about that they always wanted a story mode (that would be separate from pmc) and actually a few PVE missions on your normal pmc.  but that was well over a year ago and nothing has come from it so not looking great.  Originally they stated the lvl 10 sniper quest would then lead you to a 1 time PVE mission where you had to snipe scavs in a convoy.  no idea if it would be moving or already stopped or what but again this was almost a year ago so dont think that its happening any time soon if ever

• Like 1

mkultraa
On 2/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, snakeoil said:

I'm not hating on them either. I was just stating my opinion. Might not be how everyone feels. But,  I think they got a great game, and with great potential!  Just needs some more love.  lol

KlLLABUDZ

Regularly waiting >15 mins for a match for this length of time is atrocious. BSG really need to step their hosting and coding up. All these new people coming to the game and then getting bored of long queue times for matches where it isnt uncommon to die in the first couple mins.
Heaps of games are stutter fests and getting disconnected and even hard crashing the entire pc is happening all the time. Lost 2 kits and full loot yesterday because the game kept crashing and I couldnt get to the exfil in time.
Dying to people that appear in a doorway AFTER you take a fatal bullet, dud grenades, bugs around interacting so you cant open doors or loot containers etc, and I cant report most of the bugs as the launcher crash reports have exceeded my bug report limit.
The other side of this is they only recently implemented BEye so some settling in time is to be expected considering their history of snails pace progress on netcode and bugfixes.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:02 AM, snakeoil said:

Nikita has stated he dislikes the idea of an offline profile as the entire core of the game is pvp and scavs are easy to farm. They are looking at multiplayer offline so you can teach your friends maps and have fun vs max diff hordes of scavs etc.
This will be a huge benefit for people trying to get their friends into the game. Ive had a few people try out the trial, even with me bagging them in they get sick of trying to learn these huge maps with hundreds of calls while also trying to learn all the modifier keys etc while also under the threat of pvp from veterans as the game has absolutely no ranking system and matches sweaty squads into a customs or w.e game full of newbs trying to get quests done, not everyone thrives on the pressure.

snakeoil
5 hours ago, KlLLABUDZ said:

Regularly waiting >15 mins for a match for this length of time is atrocious. BSG really need to step their hosting and coding up. All these new people coming to the game and then getting bored of long queue times for matches where it isnt uncommon to die in the first couple mins.
Heaps of games are stutter fests and getting disconnected and even hard crashing the entire pc is happening all the time. Lost 2 kits and full loot yesterday because the game kept crashing and I couldnt get to the exfil in time.
Dying to people that appear in a doorway AFTER you take a fatal bullet, dud grenades, bugs around interacting so you cant open doors or loot containers etc, and I cant report most of the bugs as the launcher crash reports have exceeded my bug report limit.
The other side of this is they only recently implemented BEye so some settling in time is to be expected considering their history of snails pace progress on netcode and bugfixes.

Nikita has stated he dislikes the idea of an offline profile as the entire core of the game is pvp and scavs are easy to farm. They are looking at multiplayer offline so you can teach your friends maps and have fun vs max diff hordes of scavs etc.
This will be a huge benefit for people trying to get their friends into the game. Ive had a few people try out the trial, even with me bagging them in they get sick of trying to learn these huge maps with hundreds of calls while also trying to learn all the modifier keys etc while also under the threat of pvp from veterans as the game has absolutely no ranking system and matches sweaty squads into a customs or w.e game full of newbs trying to get quests done, not everyone thrives on the pressure.

I really like that idea you mentioned, I would really like it if you could enter offline with a group/friend so you can rehearse strategies, or practice call outs and coordination, how to stack the group, etc., That'd be amazing.