Yaboifreshmemes

PC Shuts down and reboots it's self while playing the game

Yaboifreshmemes

Ever since the brand new update of escape from tarkov 0.12 my pc would run into the problem of shutting down and rebooting itself at random times during the game. Sometimes I would be able to go into a raid and play a whole game before it reboots, other times im loading into a game and it reboots or when im clicking through the menu or even just loading up the game into the main menu All these times have rebooted my pc. 

PC SPECS: 

GTX 970 

CPU I7 6700K 

16GB RAM 

Corsair h100v water cooler

corsair 500 watt gold power supply 

Has anyone else had a problem like this during the new update ? 

I have tried absolutely everything I could think of to fix the problem 

-cleaned out dust from pc 

-put in new thermal paste on the cpu 

-reseated the graphics card and ram 

-inspected all parts in the pc to make sure nothing was damaged 

-undervolted the cpu to create less heat 

-updated everything (windows, drivers, tarkov, tarkov launcher) 

-reinstalled escape from tarkov 

these are the things i have done and I used a cpu monitor software to see if the cpu temperature was running to hot in some cases it was during the game as it would go up to 100C sometimes but this was before i added new paste. It runs alot cooler now.

what shocked me the most was the last time i launched escape from tarkov i had the task manager up to see if anything was spiking out of control nothing i noticed except power usage which said it was very high when loading up the game but I was thinking that would be normal and then once i loaded up my pc rebooted itself again the cpu did not over heat. how could it ? it was around 40C before loading up it couldnt of spiked that high also this only happens constantly in tarkov. I have played high demanding games before like rust or cod mw and only very rarely had a reboot or blue screen but with this new 0.12 update my computer reboots all the time I need help  

thanks. 

oOSIKOo

Hi, the problem is the power supply. get a new one an it will be fine. May try some more watts( 550-700W).

BroLiSs12

My suggestions:

1. Not enough power supply ( with nearly the same pc spec, I am using 600w)

2. One of the RAM stick

Yaboifreshmemes

ok im buying a new powersupply thanks

srodge

I have 750 Gold and mine does the same thing.

Yaboifreshmemes
3 hours ago, srodge said:

I have 750 Gold and mine does the same thing.

Oh no... im getting a 750 gold and you said your having the same issues with the game ? 

zombkeezy

i have similar issue but mine just cuts the screens off and goes to power save mode meanwhile the pc is still on and u can hear ppl in chat or music still whatever you are doing still works but u cant see anything on the screen since you are in power save mode according to the screens

i don't think it's power supply issue this is the third pc build i have had this happen and eventually to my brand new build with this patch it has started again yayyyyyyyyyy  

i have spent the past two days troubleshooting 

sadly it isn't the PC it is within the game and how it was written packaged coded whatever i don't do this stuff for a job but i know it's the game at this point 

love this game and idea of a shooter but i don't know if this game will ever make it out of alpha 

maybe if they could solve this growing issue i'd have hope but when a portion of your consumer is telling you the same thing about your product that is unplayable and simply doesn't work 

you then have a major problem 

but i don't really care about all that crap im a gamer and i bought 4 copies of this game i would like to be able to play it 

if enough ppl message them about it they have to look into the issue at hand 

im out 

Shaktimaan

@Yaboifreshmemes @srodge

Which brand? A lot of the popular brands are just cheap chinese rebrands.

Go with Seasonic, you won't be disappointed.

Yaboifreshmemes

my acer and lg monitors work fine they go into power save mode after a couple minutes of not touching my mouse or keyboard 

Yaboifreshmemes

also update on my situation my new powersupply is coming in still but i have managed to fiddle around with the games settings swapped out the ram for new 2 x 8gb ram and if i dont do stuff to fast in the game then im good. for an example when i have multiple processes going on while i have tarkov open my pc seems to ramp up the fans and that is roughly when a reboot would occure so if im tabbing out opening google going through all these websites really fast while tarkov is running in the background it reboots. if im going in game after game dying and loading back into another map all the loading causes reboot. if im on the menu buying and selling to traders and going to flea market and doing all this stuff really fast i reboot. if i do everything slowly then my pc tends to stay up and running. any thoughts on that ? 

gen2face

try to lock the FPS to 60 everywhere. 

loozek

i guess Yiou ask same question on pestily stream .

just download hwid and check all even power consumption but 500w is way way to low for 970 ...

Poriomania
On 11/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, loozek said:

i guess Yiou ask same question on pestily stream .

just download hwid and check all even power consumption but 500w is way way to low for 970 ...

Assuming its a stock card without overclock 500W is more than enough power in theory. They are rated for 175W max power draw though have been observed to go as high as 193W. That still leaves nearly 300W for the rest of the system. Though the water cooler probably eats power like scav eats legs.

8mob8

500w should be enough esp a nice namebrand psu...it could be close to the limit tho...the gpu is gonna use the most and a 970 according to PCPP is like 145w, motherboard like 70ish and the cpu 90ish....toms hardware has folks sayin it should be fine and even one dude using a 450w lol

are u sure u got the thermal paste applied evenly? i bought a used pc where the guy said it kept shutting off and never worked right WELL when i pulled off the cpu cooler the cpu only had paste on like 1/3 of it...reapplied and whala my friend is using it til this day and plays tarkov on it

does seem strange that if u take ur time it doesnt happen lol PCs can be so strange...hopefully u can get it squared away

is the psu old or anything? temps are reasonable? 

Edited by 8mob8

gen2face

stop telling him its the power supply... its not the power supply. there are so many players with the same problem including me and i got 750W and my pc restarts at loading loot. sometimes it works.. sometimes not.. i reinstalled everything.. including windows. the only thing i installed was tarkov. nothing changed. i tested the ram.. the gpu in every test i could find. EVERYTHING IS OK. its just Tarkov. 

sure it helps if you just buy another pc because there is some configuration.. but maybe this problem should be fixed from the devs and not from the players. 

Poriomania
On 11/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, gen2face said:

stop telling him its the power supply... its not the power supply. there are so many players with the same problem including me and i got 750W and my pc restarts at loading loot. sometimes it works.. sometimes not.. i reinstalled everything.. including windows. the only thing i installed was tarkov. nothing changed. i tested the ram.. the gpu in every test i could find. EVERYTHING IS OK. its just Tarkov. 

sure it helps if you just buy another pc because there is some configuration.. but maybe this problem should be fixed from the devs and not from the players. 

The game crashing or freezing during loading - problem with the game.
PC shuts down during loading - problem with your hardware.

gen2face
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Poriomania:

The game crashing or freezing during loading - problem with the game.
PC shuts down during loading - problem with your hardware.

really? i had the same problem and my hardware is fine... i also found a solution now.

its a bad solution but it works:   i have to change the resolution to 1280x720 + WINDOW mode.. not borderless and not fullscreen.
so i can join every game and when im in i can change my resolution back. and everything works fine.

im not sure how this is a hardware problem but im pretty sure its a software problem.. if its windows + tarkov or nvidia + tarkov.. i have no clue. but in my case its sure not the hardware because every new game is working on ultra settings without a crash or any problems.

gen2face

solution is also working randomly... dont know! 10 games without a problem.. suddenly i cant join in 1 game. its like a random item is causing this problem.