Zadkiel

What's the point playing ? EFT view from a bad player

Zadkiel

I am the guy,

you know the guy you always kill in the first 5min !

And now I really ask myself what's the point playing EFT ?

My stat so far :

Raids : 20

Survived : 1

KIA : 18

Run Throughs : 1

PMC kill : 8

Scav kill : 24

5902 Roubles

No Weapon except my starter knive (impossible to kill sbdy with it btw)

I nearly never survive a human encounter (but I kill scav easely in solo) 

When I am allowed to play scav I am always kill by another scav player

so, WHAT should I DO ?

And please avoid smart comment like : get good 

PS : I know the maps, I'am not bad at aiming

Mad_Dog8762
Just now, Zadkiel said:

I am the guy,

you know the guy you always kill in the first 5min !

And now I really ask myself what's the point playing EFT ?

My stat so far :

Raids : 20

Survived : 1

KIA : 18

Run Throughs : 1

PMC kill : 8

Scav kill : 24

5902 Roubles

I nearly never survive a human encounter (but I kill scav easely in solo) 

When I am allowed to play scav I am always kill by another scav player

so, WHAT should I DO ?

And please avoid smart comment like : get good 

PS : I know the maps, I'am not bad at aiming

If you know the maps and are good at aiming, then that leaves your tactics as up to question. 

I am assuming you are a solo player

Playing solo, you have to accept certain things if you want to consistently survive raids.

1st, you have to accept that MOST of the time you cant loot bodies, unless they are in a somewhat concealed position.

2nd, you have to play, not as an aggressive hunter, but more as a Stalker. Against groups, your only chance is to strike suddenly and then disappear just as fast.

The other night I was playing, came across a 3 man team. Got the drop on them, ended up killing 2 of them, but then I chose to withdraw (never looting either corpse) because I had lost track of where the 3rd man went, and there simply was no SMART way for me to attack, in that situation. 

TLDR, consider altering how you analyze and approach situations in game

• Like 1

Arzzet

That sound like a bad situation...

As response above, I can assume you play solo ( which is not worse not better than playing in group, just you have to take a different approach. I play solo a lot of my time, and learned the game as a solo player during my first entire wipe before I meet some group and start playing with them )

On one hand, engagements are a good training, to know how to react in a tense situation. But this doesn’t mean you will end being a super pmc or whatever, and you will die a lot ofc. As a solo player you have to evaluate your chances before the encounter. And always be smarter, only engage when the odds are on your favour.

On the other hand, and specially as a solo player, you don’t have to engage every enemy you see like in other shooters. Your goal is to survive, sometimes you have to let pass the group, evacuate an area if a better geared group is coming, even retreat if you are fighting and get too much damage or you see the enemy is taking advantage. All this are legit situations. Sounds boring sometimes or pussy... but is the truth, the only thing you will get playing the brave rambo against better geared/more enemies is a death and stuff lost.

Once you learn how to move to get advantage or at least survive the raid, instintively you will start killing that players/groups moving smarter, getting confidence thanks to an increased survival ratio, and without even noticing it, you will be using better tactics, surviving more, and killing more than you do now. 

if you know the maps( the map flow is so important too, regarding pmc movements and quests ) and have good aim, I think this is what is happening 🤷🏼‍♂️ Try to play smart and only engage the 90% win chance at first, then you will see you will start winning more even against the odds.

Cheers

Edited by Arzzet
Typo

RichardKeerman
26 minutes ago, Zadkiel said:

That's your problem right there

Aneoas

Try to imagine yourself in the situation, 

immerse yourself a bit, well you have a knife and no money. Dive into the raid and avoid contact at all cost. It is likely you will find yourself some guns, or gear, then you have a choice, you can extract , or engage another lonely dudes. Important thing to realize is, you dont have to engage anybody to escape from tarkov. 

• Like 1

TheColdVein

Sometimes playing in a group may suit you better. Solo play in Tarkov is not impossible, it just takes a lot of persistence. AKA, you gon' lose all yo gear! JK But maybe try to play Scav a little more than PMC to be geared up while you put the time into your PMC. 

Going to move this to off topic because the Beta Forum topic is testing. Have fun!

Niewiarygodny
33 minutes ago, Zadkiel said:

so, WHAT should I DO ?

Learn on your mistakes, like why you died? Did you try to fight with someone in a fair fight (he saw you, you saw him) and u died?
You died and u dont know why? Go to exact same spot in diffrent raid (Sooner or alter) and check from where u could die, that will help for future.

Play scav as much as u can, i prefer playing scav on factory since i can extract within 5 min with 100-400k in my pocket. 
More risky is custom raid, like u can earn even 700-1kk if you find Scav Boss and kill him (Lab card/ak/helmets/meds/grenades/AVS which cost 200-300k cause of quest).

Whats more, buy armors, if you dont have any u can be killed with anything with just 1 shoot :D.

Find/get/play with friends, that may help also.

RACWAR

If you play Scav, only play Interchange, no other map.

Zadkiel

To all of you, yes I play solo.

And I Think you are right : There is something wrong with my tactic but i don't get it because :

- The moment I start making noise I get surounded by PMC

- If I don't loot people (to avoid beeing killed) and don't go near good value loot spawn, where did I get loot (or money) to kill people ?

Thx everyone for the answers

Edited by Zadkiel

PardTheTroll
vor 15 Minuten schrieb RACWAR:

only play Interchange

pshhh ... don't reveal our secrets! :D 

But to help the OP:

One of my friends is in a similar situation as you are, @Zadkiel. He is superb in your run-of-the-mill shooters. CoD, BF, CS:GO, you name it! He got the aim, he got the reflexes, etc. But he still kinda sucks in Tarkov. Why? I´d say his attention span is too short. In the shooters above, you got mostly very short rounds or some kind of revival mechanic to instantly rejoin the battle. Here? You simply do not! The battle is not over, until you leave the raid!

Especially if you are playing solo, you have to know your routes and where potential enemies might be. As some above said, don't loot open bodies, if you are not 100% sure, that you are safe to do so. Take your time going somewhere. Don't just rush like some rabid dog. Otherwise you will be also put down like one. Don't be sad (? kinda missing the right word), if you did't "commit" enough. Knowing when to retreat is the key in having consistent survival rate and filled stash. We all (I suppose) have been there. To many years playing arcade shooters. Once you adjusted your play style, you will feel right at home in Tarkov. :) 

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Upvote 1

NeroNSvK
47 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Learn on your mistakes, like why you died? Did you try to fight with someone in a fair fight (he saw you, you saw him) and u died?
You died and u dont know why? Go to exact same spot in diffrent raid (Sooner or alter) and check from where u could die, that will help for future.

Play scav as much as u can, i prefer playing scav on factory since i can extract within 5 min with 100-400k in my pocket. 
More risky is custom raid, like u can earn even 700-1kk if you find Scav Boss and kill him (Lab card/ak/helmets/meds/grenades/AVS which cost 200-300k cause of quest).

Whats more, buy armors, if you dont have any u can be killed with anything with just 1 shoot :D.

Find/get/play with friends, that may help also.

I'm almost on the same boat as that guy... The only difference is I'm not broken... I have guns and gear to take into raids but the biggest issue is, It seems impossible to learn from mistakes... Every time I get into raid, it doesn't even matter how hard I try, I just get killed by pure random encounter somewhere... And it usually ends with the guy one-tapping me on my head... HOW?! They always know where I'm! It almost seems like they got wallhacks or smth... Last raid completely turned me off from this game... I was taking it very slow... Cautiously I took step by step... I heard a gunfight so I decide to look and see what the situation there is... Meanwhile I see two guys and one of them just casually one taps me on head xD like wt...? How can somebody see you from 150m when you are prone covered by shadows under a damn tree and shitloads of foliage... they just see you... 1 sec and you die... 0 FUN just pure RAGE and SALT to see here

Czecher

Well,maps are very small when there is  so many players now, u just spawn 50m from each other....

Niewiarygodny
3 hours ago, NeroNSvK said:

How can somebody see you from 150m when you are prone covered by shadows under a damn tree and shitloads of foliag

Just luck, i had also many situacions where i killed someone cause i spotted him by mistake on x distance.

LoginTaken

I am in the same boat I keep getting sniped from miles away or by someone/some scav magically appearing behind me and killing me.

I have no armor, can't buy any. I can't level up the merchants as I can't survive long enough to complete the missions. Been using Interchange to get money ,but that started to back fire as all the try-hards are now doing missions on interchange. Can't kill someone in max armor with a ducking mackrov. Same goes for Scav load outs.

Three times now I've tried to do a mission on Customs only to have a scav, LITERALLY, spawn behind me and shoot me point blank. (There was a 4 death due to a teleporting/wall/aim-botting hacking piece of poo)

Then there is the problem of needing to wait 30 minutes just to heal to full afterwards. Sitting with literally nothing to do.

My stash is full of stuff, but I cant use any of it without money or leveling up the merchants and getting armor. I can't just heal myself, I will just be wasting money that I need to upgrade me stash. I can't just sell them, because then I'm left with money that can't get me jack poo. Without first leveling up the merchants.

I am all for a challenging experience, but there is not challenge for the AI or others right now.

SKODWARD

I started out just like you, I had too 100% change my play style. I was too cautious and playing too slow.

Id peak corners inch by inch and so the servers would show me behind the door but the other person or scav could already see me 

id suggest resetting your profile and then playing Factory over and over until you get used too the sounds and guns and such. 

Get rid of gear fear! that is a big killer because people like me for instance run GEN 4 full body, Killa altyn and a ak-105 with BP armor piercing ammo in factory when everyone else runs naked most of the time.

you 100% cannot play slow. it just does not work in CQB and on more open areas you have too play cautious for sneaky breeky bois in bushes. but over all i went from having a .23 K/D too having a 11.77 K/D from just changing the way I play. 

You need too be confident when you shoot. do not over think and do not hesitate. Dont worry! you will get better! just change the way you play and get out of your comfort zone! 

Good luck my friend and keep at it!
Capture.thumb.PNG.541c2a727c4824902d3dfeddb3ce5e26.PNG

• Like 1

Ion-Junkie

@KreeX1337 I'm all for people voicing their opinion's and criticism's and I can understand frustration but your comment is not helpful to either this topic, the community that plays it nor should anyone endorse cheating. If you want to see change there is many spots both on the forum and launcher to report to battlestate. it's up to us to help them make the game we want. Please in the future remain constructive not toxic.

Stingray-5

I'm kinda good at fps games, when i used to play bf4 i was 7/10 of the times the first player in the match without any problem and then... it came tarkov: i like the concept, i like the damage model, i like pretty much everythings but damn man, sometimes it's sacring xD. sometimes my hands start shaking when i get into an unexpected situation (not always but well.. poo happens when you don't want it to happen). i got a couple of advices, NEVER run when you are not in an open field and wear comtacs/peltor/sordin. i've realized that the enemies heard me 90% of the times before i could do it (sometimes i didn't have headsets, but i've always been a player where running  was a normal part since in  bf/cod  it's not that important the audio). play it slowy, hearing sometimes is much more important than your sight, use ap ammo or prepare to land many more bullets in order to kill the other players and don't be too aggressive (unless you are in factory with a 6b43+altyn and m4 fully loaded with m995 and you want to jump into the action as soon as you spawn)