BobbeHickerson

Strange Issue

BobbeHickerson

im getting "bad service version" constantly. to the point that i cant actually play the game and every time i load into a raid be it scav or pmc, i get booted once the game loads. once booted it is impossible to reconnect, i have spent 40 mins trying to reconnect only to have been shot while loading. initially i couldn't host a game and now i cannot play period. no one else seems to be experiencing this. it does give me an error code it either says "bad service version" or "server connection lost" i cant seem to fix this issue either i have reinstalled the game twice and the problem persists.

i have found another person on reddit with the same problem (https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/d4dz7y/strange_battleye_issue_bad_service_version/). they think its an issue with battle eye, but i have uninstalled and reinstalled it and also uninstalled it then deleted the file and redownloaded it to see if that fixed the issue, but i have had no luck, if anyone has any idea whats going on or has a possible fix pleas let me know.

Edited by BobbeHickerson
fixing grammar and mistakes

BobbeHickerson

Update: i have found a way to play, if i spawn with nothing on my character, no weapon, armour, vest, backpack and nothing in my pockets i can play, i can bring things in with my gama container, but you cant put weapons inside anymore. currently its hatchet runs or bust. 

im happy that i can play again; but i wont be playing again until i can play the game.

Edited by BobbeHickerson
fixing grammar and mistakes

Slashgrin

Currently having a similar issue as the original poster. I have had the issue on both Scav run and PMC run. It seems to have begun sometime after the patch .12 release, as I managed to play on release day just fine.

Incongruence

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Have not found a fix yet.

bouncabob

same issue, can barely play because every match is "bad service version"

Incongruence

I get the same issue. Sometimes the error message is "Server connection lost", but mostly it is "Bad service version". I haven't noticed any patterns to the frequency of error load-ins. I had a streak of 6 games with no problem, and the next day I had 4 games in a row where I could not join, no matter how many times I try to connect.

bouncabob

Anyone have an answer? 

This is causing me to want to stop playing since any attempts at geared runs are ducking pointless when i dont know if ill actually get to even play

bouncabob

2 full kits deleted in the past 30 minutes because i am not allowed to spawn. 

would be very cool if devs acknowledged this as an issue since i see lots of people posting it on the tarkov subreddit now

02_

While i am sure some of you may already done so, please make sure to submit a bug report (Via the launcher)
BSG will then review it and respond typically within 4 days. (from personal experience)

002_mentally_retarded.gif.40d425de6784636e9ee75ae1e7638dc9.gif.930898fd698c50d5e035b730e21b0523.gif

@Slashgrin @BobbeHickerson @bouncabob @Incongruence

Edited by 02_
Duplicate post

bouncabob

Still cant play matches without multiple crashes, just lost a kit after 20 Server Connection Losts in a row after initially getting a "bas service version"

Solutions would be extremely appreciated since I would like to actually play this game that I paid a lot towards...

bouncabob

Technical support had me uninstall citrix and reinstall my entire game, still has not resolved the issue. 

I have however noticed that I am spawning into the match before it starts and then being kicked. 
Sometimes I will reconnect and then get the player spawn timer. 

Fabius71

I too have this issue

masman00001

just happened to me ;-(

MarcosArls

i think only some of the CPUs have this issue ..Mostly new ones...but im pretty sure BSG already know about this issue and working hard to fix it..soon probably will came out update which will fix it..have nice day :)

NURabbit
15 minutes ago, MarcosArls said:

i think only some of the CPUs have this issue ..Mostly new ones...but im pretty sure BSG already know about this issue and working hard to fix it..soon probably will came out update which will fix it..have nice day :)

Core I7 870 here (oc-ed) which is not new at all and I get this as well, normally on the first raid after loading or after letting the game sit for an extended period of time on the main menu.

Edited by NURabbit

MarcosArls

@NURabbit did u try to update your software drivers? maybe some of the game files have problem with some of the software drivers..and if thats not gonna help only thing left is waiting for update.

Edited by MarcosArls

JammyJAY

Different issue for me, I can load in and do raids and search stuff but cannot place anything such as quest items, such as the item in factory you have to leave and the repairing of control boards.

CRACCOON

i have this issue aswell :(

karuvsall

thats tarkov for you... russian devs nuff said

meme-machine

Not a new CPU here either. i5 3570.

It was running fine just a few hours ago, now all of a sudden "bad service version" every time.

A quick google shows it's a battleye issue (the same errors have been reported in R6S and PUBG in the past, which also use battleye)

bouncabob

Anyone find any answers?

I can barely play, I lose 1/2 my kits to this issue. 

trollingpanda

Hello Everyone, I have been having the same issue: "Bad service version", I finally found out that this is an error with BattleEye, Don't worry I have found a fix as well, I have played 7-8 games after I did it, just to be sure it worked, so here it is:

Go to your Escape From Tarkov folder, in there Click the battleEye Folder, then Uninstall BattleEye and then you are all ready to chunk up some more Scavs and PMC's and loot to your heart desires

Your Welcome! :D

ToasterStraddle

Same thing happens to me, started after .12. Just tried to reconnect and same message "bad service version". Reported it a while back but I dont get any response for bug reports, just more error messages when I try to read any "response". Sucks because I love the mechanics and ideas behind this game but it's so hard to play without bugs ruining it.

deadi89

about a minute in to the raid the game crashes and then restarts my entire computer. 

karuvsall

i found a fix :)

"C:\Users\XeroHaunt\AppData\Local\Battlestate Games"

go there....click bsg launcher  then CefCache you see a folder named Local Storage... Delete it. empty ur rec bin and then relaunch the game fixed all my launcher errors too.. tell me what u guys think ok?

give me feed back yourwelcome took me forever to figure this out for my own fix hehe

• Upvote 1