Sign in to follow this  
Yarbay

Full Insurance

Yarbay

There should be a fully comprehensive insurance with Mechanic and a cheap insurance.
So with the full insurance you get everything back, even if it is looted and the cheap insurance not if it is looted.

• Cold 1

Cevune

It's funny because when I first started playing the game that was my reaction more or less. "what the hell? what kind of insurance doesn't cover theft?"

Anyway, something like that would essentially render rebuying items moot though, so I can kind of see why it isn't available, and I doubt it will be. In the interest of balance and ideas though, I would probably say it would have to cost more for insurance than a new item would be. That way it doesn't make purchasing new gear obsolete, but would cover you for any lucky finds that you aren't at level to use or maybe some hard to manage trades. So for example if you kill Killa at level 3 or something, I think it would be fair to pay over face value to cause such full-coverage insurance to keep the RPK for yourself. After an achievement like that it is pretty lame that you'd most likely just lose it the first time you try to use it.

Xarc
16 hours ago, Yarbay said:

So with the full insurance you get everything back, even if it is looted and the cheap insurance not if it is looted.

You mean he has to duplicate your gear ? :)

SliceNL
5 minutes ago, Xarc said:

You mean he has to duplicate your gear ? :)

He's going to hunt down the player who stole your gear :D 

Cravice

Maybe limit the "Full Insurance" to 1-2 Items ? 

Anyhow this would reduce GearFear what is a good thing i guess?

Yarbay
Am 2.11.2019 um 08:27 schrieb Cravice:

Maybe limit the "Full Insurance" to 1-2 Items ? 

Anyhow this would reduce GearFear what is a good thing i guess?

Limit not needed just expensive so you must decide between your Items.

It could be another insurance maybe to insure all the Stuff in the Bag too

CooH1e2

I know it's a game and this shouldn't be a limitation but this made me think from the "insurance dealer" company. 

If they need to refund you always with your gear, even if it was stolen by another player, it means they need to pay you a new equipment.
This wouldn't make sense as a company because eventually every player will be killed and you will always need to replace these items.
A a company they need to calculate the risk of you losing your gear and replacing by new one.

The only two options that makes sense for me:

- Full insurance at the same cost of a new one (it doesn't make sense for players at all, only if the goods are scarce or locked by dealer level)

- Full insurance for a raid --> if you survive and leave with your gear you lose your insurance and need to pay again for  the next raid.

Sorry for taking out the conversation from a game perspective... but I feel current insurance makes sense because they don't buy new equipment, just recover your stuff

rav91

theres an abundance of the same gear you used on the flea market. there you have your expensive insurance.

TheHappyMile

So does it cost less then to rebuy the item? Because then the first thing groups would do is go into a raid, swap gear, and profit later by duplicating an end-game equippment?

The insurance-system should be further nerfed. So the logic is - someone's going into the woods, look for your items, and if noone has taken them, they'll bring them to you. 

Yarbay
vor 2 Stunden schrieb CooH1e2:

I know it's a game and this shouldn't be a limitation but this made me think from the "insurance dealer" company. 

If they need to refund you always with your gear, even if it was stolen by another player, it means they need to pay you a new equipment.
This wouldn't make sense as a company because eventually every player will be killed and you will always need to replace these items.
A a company they need to calculate the risk of you losing your gear and replacing by new one.

The only two options that makes sense for me:

- Full insurance at the same cost of a new one (it doesn't make sense for players at all, only if the goods are scarce or locked by dealer level)

- Full insurance for a raid --> if you survive and leave with your gear you lose your insurance and need to pay again for  the next raid.

Sorry for taking out the conversation from a game perspective... but I feel current insurance makes sense because they don't buy new equipment, just recover your stuff

Yeah but if this happen to often your insurance rate will be incresed or decreased