SinisterX

Footstep sounds non existent in .12 patch

SinisterX

Hello,

Anyone else have issues hearing footsteps or movement sounds from other players or scavs? I died to a player that was running in the street and then suddenly going prone right in front of me and I didn't hear a single footstep or prone sound from the player. I've also died multiple times from people who make no sound whatsoever. I understand if you crouch and slow walk u can make almost no sound at all but this player was running and walking right in front of me. I'm pretty sure I should've been able to hear him but there was no sound whatsoever.... I uploaded picture to show how close he was. Also i believe the kill count after game is incorrect.

Screenshot (3).png

• Like 1

DiBBz

yup been noticing this to. cant tell you how many times ive died to enemies i could never heard.. and the ones i did kill where because of certain places where footsteps still apply indoors or out... or they went through a bush etc

• Like 1

LoginTaken

Can't hear others moving unless they run right next to me. Even then sometimes there is no noise.

NeonGreenNight

Same happened to me a lot of times.

dustandflour

Not sure on the footsteps but i have noticed the killfeed being buggy. killed 2 pmcs and atleast 6 scavs in a raid and it only showed up 1 pmc and 2 scavs

ArchMadman

probably explains last round for me i heard running next to me then nothing , thought for a moment that someone was on other side of a wall from me and i slowly moved in and no one was there

BrandonS101

Sometimes it bugs out for me but usally they aren't bad, it always sounds like mine and my friends footsteps are so loud tho

Yeavo

For me footsteps non-existent in places, gun sounds are also off. I fixed footstep issue by using my audio manager equalizer and can hear them now just fine but major issue for me is the gun sounds. I can engage an enemy to my front and hear him firing behind me. I even dublicated this in offline mode.

What's up BSG? for me .11 and .10 sounds worked fine. Sure you couldn't hear someone creeping around the corner as well but at least you had a general idea where they were. Now I have to take a mindset that sounds are from a different dimension and you can never trust your ears when locating an enemy.

My playstyle used to rely heavily on hearing and now I'm at a huge disadvantage. At mid to late .11 I even stopped using headsets on my raids so that I could get used to the sounds.

Please fix it ASAP.

PS. Do you want me to make a dedicated bug report about this via launcher?

Edited by Yeavo
Post scriptum

Yeavo

Okay. Further investigation during a raid in woods revealed that sounds that come from further distances work directionally fine but (what I consider) close range (I estimate under 200 yards) is funky and inconsistent. I could here my own footsteps coming from approximately 50 feet further to left and front. I'm probably not the only one suffering from this since I was able to surprise an USEC who was trying to spot me from my right (his left) while I was flanking him from the left (his right).

Also on side note: ZB-014 stairs produced the sound of going through a bush instead of making a solid ground footsteps sound (or whatever its supposed to be called).

CrackHDown

Yeah something needs to be done ASAP

Phro_

This is still a game-breaking issue for me at least.  Wearing comtacs I still cannot hear players about 50% of the time outside of them running through bushes.  Some players make NO sound whatsoever even while walking at full speed on wood floors in dorms etc.  When is the steam sound patch happening for the love of baby Nikita!

NigelSmith

This is happening to me a lot recently too. Zero sound then out of no-where players are appearing behind me. Getting frustrating because sound is one of the most important aspects due to the nature of the game.

BracingMace

Jesus...chill Guys.

Steam audio is coming...Just be patient.

Its a Beta

t4nk83

Y'all wearing headsets right? On your PMC, not IRL. I mean I assume you are, but just asking a question...

Rekonsile

alot of this has to do with your perception as well as if you are using comtacs or not in game. You cant usually hear past 50 yards unless someone is running full sprint with lots of gear. Do remember that this is still in beta and the sound has come quite a long ways since i started playing

Wulffon

seems to be an ongoing issue . Just in customs you cant walk over broken stuff without making noise.

I was planting stuff and didn't hear a noise from some1 walking over broken objects close to me. Like WTF

Savage-1

Should I even bother spending money on a headset? I just spawned scav with a pair for once but didn't hear a peep as the PMC rolled up on me on the body behind the RUAF Roadblock, he apparently ninjad himself right by them scavs too. People keep saying it's all about sound ques, I don't get that.

kd0afk

Still happening in August of 2020

• Sad 2

Iskefar2

yep stil happening in august 2020. just died 2 raids in a row from a player scav, that slowwalked up right next to me and boom - head eyes. with sordins on might i say.

traumacode

+1, not hearing steps until they are right on top of me sometimes.

Caster89Actual

Yup, just lost around 1.2 mil in boss scav stuff on reserve because the filthy rat who SPRINTED right up to me made 0 noise.

i doubt BSG is going to do anything to fix it, or care for that matter.

kd0afk
8 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Yup, just lost around 1.2 mil in boss scav stuff on reserve because the filthy rat who SPRINTED right up to me made 0 noise.

i doubt BSG is going to do anything to fix it, or care for that matter.

They don't care, they got our money, they don't have to care.

Caster89Actual
13 hours ago, kd0afk said:

They don't care, they got our money, they don't have to care.

yeah, it shows how disgusting of a person Nikita is.

I wish I lived in Russia, the cost of an airplane ticket isn’t worth what I would do if I lived in Russia with BSG